CREW SRS The all inclusive parenting thread v. Exhaustion/suicidal thoughts/moments of happiness

the_antsy_honda

Do not hug me.
Dec 17, 2001
California
Fuck. I cannot believe it is 2022 and we are doing this all over again. School shut downs and super last minute pivots to virtual school feel so much like the immediate lock downs way before vaccinations were possible. Kiddo is a master at this by now, but ugh. Her poor teacher. I feel for everyone who has to work in person and woke up to a text at 5:00 am that there was no school and/or child care that day. :(
There's no indication we're ever going back to any distance learning no matter how high case counts get here.

DasVWBabe

OT's Diamond and Gemstone Tutorial Creator
OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
There's no indication we're ever going back to any distance learning no matter how high case counts get here.
The only reason we have a virtual option is because it's a private school. We're all quarantining because of possible exposure. The ISD I'm in requires quarantine and negative testing before coming back (but there are 3-4 hour waits to get tested), and there has been significant backlash because the district is counting them toward absences.

Reactions: the_antsy_honda

Colleen

Apr 3, 2002
🇨🇦
Fuck. I cannot believe it is 2022 and we are doing this all over again. School shut downs and super last minute pivots to virtual school feel so much like the immediate lock downs way before vaccinations were possible. Kiddo is a master at this by now, but ugh. Her poor teacher. I feel for everyone who has to work in person and woke up to a text at 5:00 am that there was no school and/or child care that day. :(
Yah this is all such a mind fuck... I feel fine today so if yesterday was the worst of covid for me... well Im glad the vaccine helped:0

On the bright side... at least your daughter is learning to go with the flow and also gets to spend time at home with you guys. I have a feeling we will all be happy for this close family time when our kids are ready to leave the house.

• Support
Reactions: DasVWBabe

JacksonWhite

Apr 11, 2011
You guys use a FSA for daycare to save on taxes?

My daycare is a little over $1000, but you can only save $5000 per year in the FSA. So do I get “reimbursed” monthly out of my account or wait until I have enough in there to cover a month?

The Grand Inquisitor

Mar 14, 2005
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My daycare is a little over $1000, but you can only save $5000 per year in the FSA. So do I get “reimbursed” monthly out of my account or wait until I have enough in there to cover a month?

recently discovered that this is a thing. Definitely taking advantage for babysitters/etc.

deadbeef

OT Supporter
Sep 5, 2020

You can get reimbursed as soon as the money's in the account. My wife submitted 5k of expenses before she had contributed the full 5k, and kept getting monthly checks until it was all paid out.

I usually wait until later and get all 5k at once though.

Plato Spaghetti

OT Supporter
Feb 28, 2004
Abalama
We are dealing with same shit it seems most of you are.. son's pre-K had a kid test positive and now whole class is quarantining.. as did 2 of the other classes so its like...half the daycare.

2 y/o daughter still good but I am sure only a matter of time. Frustrated there's been no change in guidance for pre-K in terms of the 10d quarantine.

Re: FSA we do it too. I just submit after a few months and get it deposited back monthly - at 1k/per kid in daycare it doesn't take long to cash in. Looking forward to Kindergarten next year and halving that.

deadbeef

OT Supporter
Sep 5, 2020
We are dealing with same shit it seems most of you are.. son's pre-K had a kid test positive and now whole class is quarantining.. as did 2 of the other classes so its like...half the daycare.

2 y/o daughter still good but I am sure only a matter of time. Frustrated there's been no change in guidance for pre-K in terms of the 10d quarantine.

Re: FSA we do it too. I just submit after a few months and get it deposited back monthly - at 1k/per kid in daycare it doesn't take long to cash in. Looking forward to Kindergarten next year and halving that.
Think of all the money you'll have to put in your 529 instead :wtcd:

Reactions: Sp33dealer

8legs

8eyes
OT Supporter
Mar 16, 2008
Webbywebz
LoL wait until the terrible twos transition to having a threenager.
I mean, I intend to. It just keeps getting louder with the crying and the moods. I gave him his dinner, he eats selectively then comes to me wailing and signing hunger. I know he wasn't running on an empty stomach because he ate half of a full plate. He was upset that there was stuff on his plate he didn't want. We let him cry it out for a few in case it was a tantrum, but he was escalating. All I had to do was crumble some crackers on the remaining food to tempt him into eating it. Then he was all about it.

The little things are so dramatic. On the upside, he's so excited about brushing his teeth. 0 struggle there!

8legs

8eyes
OT Supporter
Mar 16, 2008
Webbywebz
Wtf is with parental nightmares? Does anyone else have a consistent onslaught of nightmares depicting the most god awful shit a parent should never experience? I know my dream recall is several times more frequent than average, but the percentage of gut wrenching parent dreams vs the ordinary stuff is pretty high. I don't know if the ratio is normal-ish, if my disorder is exacting a special kind of mental torture or if all that stress from early childhood losing my first sister and taking so much responsibility for the survival of my 2nd sibling is just being thrown into my subconscious. Tonight I'm lucky enough to just be dealing with plain 'ol insomnia for the moment. Many nights I'll have 1, 2, 3... Every time I try to fall asleep it seems like I'm awakened with an adrenaline rush coming out of a nightmare. 50+% being associated with motherhood. Don't get me wrong - my days are great. I'm tired, but I am loving the little family we've built here. Even before baby I had the nightmare issue. It's my own personal hell. But... As ridiculous as it sounds I was used to it before the content began hitting this particular nerve.

Anyway. That's a thing I've been wondering about.

• Support
Reactions: the_antsy_honda

the_antsy_honda

Do not hug me.
Dec 17, 2001
California
Wtf is with parental nightmares? Does anyone else have a consistent onslaught of nightmares depicting the most god awful shit a parent should never experience? I know my dream recall is several times more frequent than average, but the percentage of gut wrenching parent dreams vs the ordinary stuff is pretty high. I don't know if the ratio is normal-ish, if my disorder is exacting a special kind of mental torture or if all that stress from early childhood losing my first sister and taking so much responsibility for the survival of my 2nd sibling is just being thrown into my subconscious. Tonight I'm lucky enough to just be dealing with plain 'ol insomnia for the moment. Many nights I'll have 1, 2, 3... Every time I try to fall asleep it seems like I'm awakened with an adrenaline rush coming out of a nightmare. 50+% being associated with motherhood. Don't get me wrong - my days are great. I'm tired, but I am loving the little family we've built here. Even before baby I had the nightmare issue. It's my own personal hell. But... As ridiculous as it sounds I was used to it before the content began hitting this particular nerve.

I just woke up from some Hand That Rocks the Cradle nightmare.

It started with me telling the nanny (which we don't have) not to give my daughter tok many sweets, to having to turn down her advances, to discovering stolen items, to my kids hiding it because they liked her, and then finally me wandering with no pants on at Costco and getting lost not being able to find my way home and not remembering where I live

Fucking hell

whatever

OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004

i had a reoccurring dream i was holding my kid and her head falls off. And the usual ones on her choking. :dunno: it sucks

8legs

8eyes
OT Supporter
Mar 16, 2008
Webbywebz
I just woke up from some Hand That Rocks the Cradle nightmare.

It started with me telling the nanny (which we don't have) not to give my daughter tok many sweets, to having to turn down her advances, to discovering stolen items, to my kids hiding it because they liked her, and then finally me wandering with no pants on at Costco and getting lost not being able to find my way home and not remembering where I live

Fucking hell

i had a reoccurring dream i was holding my kid and her head falls off. And the usual ones on her choking. :dunno: it sucks

I'm not glad I'm not alone, but I am a little relieved. Nightmares throw some seriously dark shit at a person. I don't know if it's better or worse that half of it doesn't even make sense. Just some mad onslaught of extreme dangers coming from random shit.

Reactions: whatever

the_antsy_honda

Do not hug me.
Dec 17, 2001
California
I'm not glad I'm not alone, but I am a little relieved. Nightmares throw some seriously dark shit at a person. I don't know if it's better or worse that half of it doesn't even make sense. Just some mad onslaught of extreme dangers coming from random shit.
My daughter has a peanut allergy and I've had dreams where she's having a reaction and I can't find the EpiPen

Never had to use irl, even with peanut exposure (benadryl usually works) and I think her allergy is waning....but yeah it's terrifying

• Support
Reactions: 8legs

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor