CREW SRS The all inclusive parenting thread v. Exhaustion/suicidal thoughts/moments of happiness

Jinx

OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2005
Indianapolis, Indiana
For us, we were all 3 together, every single day, from the day school shut down in March 2020 until she went back to school in May 2021. I felt like a weight had been lifted and finally felt like moving toward myself again once we got some time to be alone during the day, even if it was a work day. COVID almost broke me. I was a month or two away from making seriously bad decisions.
so much this. I noticed that our frequency was slowing down when the pandemic hit because we just had no time to ourselves aside from late at night when we were tired :hs:

• Support
Reactions: DasVWBabe

DasVWBabe

OT's Diamond and Gemstone Tutorial Creator
OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
cot damn some of y’all fuck a lot lol
I still keep record of it in my fertility app. At this point I have record of nearly everything and every weird symptom since 2010. Fucking wild to have that much data around it. :rofl: :o

But that's how I track and keep myself accountable. I hate to see fewer blue triangles myself. It means I've been letting myself down too.

• Wow
Reactions: Sp33dealer

Thumpin'Ram

I'll level with you. These bags weren't designed f
Jul 15, 2001
Goodbye mailbox
That's actually a real reason why I was finally down to get into polyamory when I did :hs: Obviously there were other factors, but it gave me a break. I didn't date anyone for a good two years after we delved into the whole thing, and when I did, my relationships tended to be long distance.
I'd probably be more open to letting my partner have a physical relationship than an emotional one.

Reactions: Jinx

Thumpin'Ram

I'll level with you. These bags weren't designed f
Jul 15, 2001
Goodbye mailbox
I still keep record of it in my fertility app. At this point I have record of nearly everything and every weird symptom since 2010. Fucking wild to have that much data around it. :rofl: :o

But that's how I track and keep myself accountable. I hate to see fewer blue triangles myself. It means I've been letting myself down too.
Are you an engineer?

DasVWBabe

OT's Diamond and Gemstone Tutorial Creator
OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
Are you an engineer?

You should SEE my graphs and charts about my baby feedings and stats. Dumped all of our data during a phone swap and I used an Alteryx license we had to build some dashboards of kiddo's first two years of life. Yes, I'm a nerd.

I'm in tech (Sales & Marketing side). Majored in ME for a few years until I just wanted to GTFO of college. I'm in cloud communications now. :o

BStork

Suck My Beak From The Back™️
OT Supporter
Apr 28, 2007
The weird thing is that we're very in sync and have really great sex when we do...which is weird, because I felt like if she was going through the motions and not enjoying it, it'd be a little more obvious. It seems like she'll never initiate, which I don't mind doing...but I always sort of run the risk of getting rejected and since I'm a total bitch this sort of wears away at me when it happens too often. I can't even imagine having sex 3-4 times a week tbh. I don't think we were having that much sex even as newlyweds.

There's a real chance that she's just exhausted. And her hormones could still not be right? Idk

kwhitelaw

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2004
virginia
You should SEE my graphs and charts about my baby feedings and stats. Dumped all of our data during a phone swap and I used an Alteryx license we had to build some dashboards of kiddo's first two years of life. Yes, I'm a nerd.

I'm in tech (Sales & Marketing side). Majored in ME for a few years until I just wanted to GTFO of college. I'm in cloud communications now. :o
You complete me

• Support
Reactions: DasVWBabe

BStork

Suck My Beak From The Back™️
OT Supporter
Apr 28, 2007
The therapist told my wife today:

"I can't officially say anything about a diagnosis, however I will say that of all the kids over the last 10 or so years who I've tested for ADHD, your son reminds me of my son the most."

Her son has ADHD.

She did also say that he is incredibly smart and that he was finishing puzzles faster and without error that 9th and 10th graders she's tested could not even finish.

I guess after we get this figured out, we may have his IQ tested :dunno:

• Support
Reactions: kwhitelaw

rebs

Fuck them Cowboys
OT Supporter
Sep 21, 2003
Ca
My dude learns so much from YouTube kids. He's constantly adding to his vernacular and it's awesome. He's also an asshole

Curious, how often do you allow your kid to watch TV and for how long?

With a newborn and daycare being closed, our toddler is at home and we’ve increased his TV time as we are both pretty tired. I feel bad, but it is what it is. Wondering if I am just overthinking it.

Faithless

щ(゚Д゚щ)
Feb 11, 2001
Houston, TX

With a newborn and daycare being closed, our toddler is at home and we’ve increased his TV time as we are both pretty tired. I feel bad, but it is what it is. Wondering if I am just overthinking it.
Depends what he's watching and how long

fuct.

Pax sola in morte
Nov 12, 2000
Houston

Dork

TS
TS
jaunt

jaunt

straight raw like a shamans feet
OT Supporter
Aug 7, 2006
Fort Apache
So we're fully diaperless now @ 3.5 years old :bowdown:

We only used them at night for like almost a year, going on two weeks with no diaper at night and he's been doing great, no accidents yet. The only thing that sucks is him coming into our room from 6-7am saying he has to use the potty.

But I'll take that over buying diapers :)

deadbeef

OT Supporter
Sep 5, 2020

Daughter (almost 3) watches tons of Sesame Street and Bluey. Half hour each morning, another hour after daycare. More on weekends.

She learns a ton from Sesame, and I'll never stay no to Bluey because that show is incredible.

Reactions: Colleen and conduit

deadbeef

OT Supporter
Sep 5, 2020
I don't know if it's just my kid's school or what, but 3rd grade is a fucking pain in the ass.

they're doing mid-day class changes, and she forgets her homework on a regular basis. In addition, they're having her do 32 book reports this year.
I haven't even read that many books since 3rd grade, wtf :rofl:

Sp33dealer

Bully Troll Crew
Aug 3, 2005
DFW
Daughter (almost 3) watches tons of Sesame Street and Bluey. Half hour each morning, another hour after daycare. More on weekends.

She learns a ton from Sesame, and I'll never stay no to Bluey because that show is incredible.
I asked my wife the other day how many episodes of Bluey existed because it feels like I see the same 5 eps on rotation Lmaooo

conduit

sup
Oct 27, 2001
on the interwebs
I now do not feel bad for allowing him to watch TV. I will try to have him watch Sesame Street and Bluey - he currently likes Blaze the machine and similar YouTube shows.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anthony 74