CREW SRS The all inclusive parenting thread v. Exhaustion/suicidal thoughts/moments of happiness

fuct.

Pax sola in morte
Nov 12, 2000
Houston
god damnit, my daughter's teacher just called my wife. Apparently her behavior is completely fucking out of control at school, and she just outright lied to me about the absolute stupidest thing ever.

I need a tall glass of JD.

8legs

8eyes
OT Supporter
Mar 16, 2008
Webbywebz
How do you guys handle who takes care of the kid(s) when they wake up? Do one or both of you wake up, take turns, etc.?
I have night duty 100% no exceptions. It makes sense because I can adjust my sleep better than hubs can. He has seizures in his sleep and it's just better if I do everything through the night (which is much less of a thing at the current stage.). On the flip side, whenever he's home during the day I can sleep in or take naps and he takes care of the kiddo. Hubs is a morning person as long as his sleep schedule is consistent and I am very much not. He takes care of bb things early before going to work and kid goes back to sleep for a while.

Simple

Sexy Beatch
Nov 29, 2001
Edmonton, Alberta
I wake up earlier, I’ll get oatmeal, half a banana and her water bottle ready. Usually she’s up around 7 and we won’t pick her up if she’s up earlier. I’ll spend the next 20 mins or so feeding her and then wife takes over

Reactions: tommylightning

The Grand Inquisitor

Mar 14, 2005
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Ugh. 18 months largely injury free and just fell face first into a Duplo. Tiny U shaped cut a mm above lip line. Didn’t bleed that much, cried only for a couple of minutes and seems fine, but wife and I are slightly panicked and wondering if it needs stitches/dermabond even though it probably just is broken skin.

I know this is probably laughable to those with older kids but :wtcd:

conduit

sup
Oct 27, 2001
on the interwebs
Toddler had an elevated temperature last night before bed and this morning his ear temperature measures 38.4/38.2. Doesn’t seem lethargic, for now at least. Has a cough that is very infrequent but sounds like his chest is congested, no runny nose.

Daycare sent us 2 RAT tests - time to put one to the use.

Not sure how to isolate my wife and our newborn, if it even makes sense :hs:

deadbeef

OT Supporter
Sep 5, 2020
I have night duty 100% no exceptions. It makes sense because I can adjust my sleep better than hubs can. He has seizures in his sleep and it's just better if I do everything through the night (which is much less of a thing at the current stage.). On the flip side, whenever he's home during the day I can sleep in or take naps and he takes care of the kiddo. Hubs is a morning person as long as his sleep schedule is consistent and I am very much not. He takes care of bb things early before going to work and kid goes back to sleep for a while.
Lucky hubby. Are you working?

deadbeef

OT Supporter
Sep 5, 2020
god damnit, my daughter's teacher just called my wife. Apparently her behavior is completely fucking out of control at school, and she just outright lied to me about the absolute stupidest thing ever.

I need a tall glass of JD.
What happened, unless you'd rather not share?

AndyP

OT Supporter
Jun 17, 2004
tmZq3F8.jpg

17 months old - favorite toy is a $5 calculator from cvs :rofl:

fuct.

Pax sola in morte
Nov 12, 2000
Houston
What happened, unless you'd rather not share?
about the lying specifically? she's gotten into a bad habit about lying about the stupidest shit.

a few months ago she lied to me about doing her maintainenace inhaler every day. She lied about wiping toothpaste on her bathroom wall(!!)

and when i posted that, she lied about eating the cheese out of a snack tray. I got her a snack tray thing with apples, caramel sauce and cheese, and she has a habit of throwing out the cheese. I told her if she got it she has to eat the WHOLE thing not just the really unhealthy shit. She ate it and threw away the cheese. Of course, i caught her because i have eyes.

Thumpin'Ram

I'll level with you. These bags weren't designed f
Jul 15, 2001
Goodbye mailbox
about the lying specifically? she's gotten into a bad habit about lying about the stupidest shit.

a few months ago she lied to me about doing her maintainenace inhaler every day. She lied about wiping toothpaste on her bathroom wall(!!)

and when i posted that, she lied about eating the cheese out of a snack tray. I got her a snack tray thing with apples, caramel sauce and cheese, and she has a habit of throwing out the cheese. I told her if she got it she has to eat the WHOLE thing not just the really unhealthy shit. She ate it and threw away the cheese. Of course, i caught her because i have eyes.
Lying is a natural mechanism in kids -don't sweat it, but teach it away. I haven't looked into techniques yet, but they're out there.

Reactions: AndyP

BStork

Suck My Beak From The Back™️
OT Supporter
Apr 28, 2007
Kept our nephew overnight. He's 8 months old.

He's never been anywhere overnight without his mom.

He didn't have the greatest time, but we got through it.

He only weighs 3 lbs less than my 3 year old. Kid is a fucking stack of cinder blocks :rofl:

Colleen

Apr 3, 2002
🇨🇦

Is she doing this because she doesn't want to deal with being in trouble?

How do you handle it when she does something wrong/bad?

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anthony 74