CREW SRS The all inclusive parenting thread v. Exhaustion/suicidal thoughts/moments of happiness

fuct.

Pax sola in morte
Nov 12, 2000
Houston
Is she doing this because she doesn't want to deal with being in trouble?

How do you handle it when she does something wrong/bad?
Yes, and we reinforce the fact, consistently, that she gets in significantly more trouble if she lies about something than if she just comes clean and tells the truth.

If she does something bad, it's generally a pretty light punishment. she gets grounded for a few days or something else dumb but still a punishment. in this particular case, I told her if she neglected to eat the cheese and was wasteful, she wouldn't have the privledge to get the snack thing again.

Reactions: Colleen

Colleen

Apr 3, 2002
🇨🇦
Yes, and we reinforce the fact, consistently, that she gets in significantly more trouble if she lies about something than if she just comes clean and tells the truth.

If she does something bad, it's generally a pretty light punishment. she gets grounded for a few days or something else dumb but still a punishment. in this particular case, I told her if she neglected to eat the cheese and was wasteful, she wouldn't have the privledge to get the snack thing again.
Ahh .. we struggle with the same issues with our youngest (4.5) . He lies about stupid shit or plays dumb to avoid trouble. After a long ass talk about why he lies he told me it's cause he doesn't want toys taken away. So I've now reset how we punish him, instead of toys being taken away he just has time outs now.

Not sure that's helpful for you guys, but maybe a different type of punishment ?

Reactions: Jinx

conduit

sup
Oct 27, 2001
on the interwebs
toddler tested positive on the RAT test. Wife and the newborn are trying to isolate as best as they can and hope it doesn't spread. I will probably get it as I am with the little terror all day.

Got a fever of 38.6C and a little runny nose. Gave him some Motrin and he went to bed, but he was playful and active all day. Hopefully tomorrow he feels better.

• Support
Reactions: 8legs

3-31-03

Sep 27, 2000
My 6 weeks of vacation/parental leave are up ☹️. Going back to work after my first. It will be weird to WFH with little dude in the next room with wife. Our world has been so small since he's been born - given the midwest weather and us super careful with COVID.

It's been easy managing him with two of us there fulltime... she still has until end of April for her leave, then off to daycare and all that will entail.

fuct.

Pax sola in morte
Nov 12, 2000
Houston
Let me tell you all the cacoughany of my household at 2am while everyone(but me) is sick:

2am: baby wakes up and starts the whimper, ehhhhhhh EH. ehhhhhhEH. EH. EH. eeeeehhh EH. This continues on for 15 minutes. baby falls back asleep.

2:15 my wife has a sneezing fit and decides to take a shower. In the shower she throws up very loudly and wakes the baby up. Another 45 minutes of whimpering.

All the while the cat hears this, thinks it's breakfast time, and starts meowing outsidde our bedroom door, for an hour straight.

I have given up on trying to sleep for the night. Today is going to be a day fueled by caffiene, hopes, and dreams.

Thumpin'Ram

I'll level with you. These bags weren't designed f
Jul 15, 2001
Goodbye mailbox
Let me tell you all the cacoughany of my household at 2am while everyone(but me) is sick:

2am: baby wakes up and starts the whimper, ehhhhhhh EH. ehhhhhhEH. EH. EH. eeeeehhh EH. This continues on for 15 minutes. baby falls back asleep.

2:15 my wife has a sneezing fit and decides to take a shower. In the shower she throws up very loudly and wakes the baby up. Another 45 minutes of whimpering.

All the while the cat hears this, thinks it's breakfast time, and starts meowing outsidde our bedroom door, for an hour straight.

I have given up on trying to sleep for the night. Today is going to be a day fueled by caffiene, hopes, and dreams.
I hate when the cats do that.

fuct.

Pax sola in morte
Nov 12, 2000
Houston
this face is the embodiment of "I feel like shit"

20220126_064816.jpg

SAKU39

OT Supporter
Mar 31, 2005
Nugget Comfort has their Sesame Street collaboration couches/covers in stock today if anyone is interested. It's a great piece of play furniture and I bought one off a recommendation from OT. If you/kids don't like it you can probably resell it for more than you paid based on the prices from my local FB Marketplace.

cookie_context-min_1600x.jpg

Reactions: DasVWBabe

fuct.

Pax sola in morte
Nov 12, 2000
Houston
One more thing, my daughter's "homeroom" teacher is an absolute cuntbag of epic proportions. We're actually working on transferring her out of her school back to her old school it's so bad :o

• Angry
Reactions: kwhitelaw

Jinx

OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2005
Indianapolis, Indiana
Nugget Comfort has their Sesame Street collaboration couches/covers in stock today if anyone is interested. It's a great piece of play furniture and I bought one off a recommendation from OT. If you/kids don't like it you can probably resell it for more than you paid based on the prices from my local FB Marketplace.

cookie_context-min_1600x.jpg
not gonna lie, i've been super tempted to order, like, five of these instead of a real couch for my living room :rofl:

how comfy are they? :o

BStork

Suck My Beak From The Back™️
OT Supporter
Apr 28, 2007
Day 3 of oldest being in her room / quarantined.

She's bored. Says she has a stuffy nose, but that's it. Gave her a hug last night and she started crying :wtc:

Fuck this shit man. Fucking thing sucks.

I got her set up with a mini-fridge full of drinks. Big bag / basket of snacks. Got her Chromebook from school so she can do her work. Her room is massive, so she's not cramped. She has 2 big windows and a bench so she can get plenty of sunlight.

She keeps sending me text messages so she can order from the "dad-dash" menu :rofl:

SAKU39

OT Supporter
Mar 31, 2005
not gonna lie, i've been super tempted to order, like, five of these instead of a real couch for my living room :rofl:

how comfy are they? :o
:o My wife and I use ours all the time. They’re super comfy and I’m 6’0 and wife is 5’9 so definitely capable of adult use.

Reactions: Jinx

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor