CREW SRS The all inclusive parenting thread v. Exhaustion/suicidal thoughts/moments of happiness

the_antsy_honda

Do not hug me.
Dec 17, 2001
California
I've been in my feels today. Allow me to share:

When I got my vasectomy it was because I knew we were finished having babies. But I didn't think I'd mourn that phase being over. And while I don't regret it, I do find myself getting a little sad whenever I realize that we have truly moved on from that season.
i was at my my son's back to school night yesterday. His teacher kept going on about how much he liked my kid.

At one point, he said out loud, "You should make 5 more like him!" and a buncha other parents' faces were like "whoa that's a little personal my dude"

Wife and I chuckled about it and now forever we're going to remember that one time our son's 5th grade teacher said we should fuck some more

Colleen

Apr 3, 2002
🇨🇦

When I got my vasectomy it was because I knew we were finished having babies. But I didn't think I'd mourn that phase being over. And while I don't regret it, I do find myself getting a little sad whenever I realize that we have truly moved on from that season.
Yah I know those feels :hug:

• Support
Reactions: BStork

beddachedda

life is uncertain. don't sip.
OT Supporter
Apr 8, 2006
Trying to ween off contact naps. Some good success last night :bowdown:

SaFUeyZl.png

DasVWBabe

OT's Diamond and Gemstone Tutorial Creator
OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
I loved contact naps :hs:
Me, too. :hug:

I know this feel. :hug:

Mine happened the moment they were sewing me back up from the c-section. When my doctor was explaining ultimately what was wrong and that I had to have a classical c-section, part of me knew that with having to wait a minimum of 18 months from her birth to start trying again, that at almost 42, it'd be a very unlikely that we'd be able to add another.

Conversely, I finally asked my husband to schedule the damn thing this week and he reacted like I was insane. :rofl::wtc:

• Support
Reactions: BStork

BStork

Suck My Beak From The Back™️
OT Supporter
Apr 28, 2007
Me, too. :hug:

I know this feel. :hug:

Mine happened the moment they were sewing me back up from the c-section. When my doctor was explaining ultimately what was wrong and that I had to have a classical c-section, part of me knew that with having to wait a minimum of 18 months from her birth to start trying again, that at almost 42, it'd be a very unlikely that we'd be able to add another.

Conversely, I finally asked my husband to schedule the damn thing this week and he reacted like I was insane. :rofl::wtc:

Give me his number and I'll text him, telling him to not be a bitch :p

Claydus

Jul 2, 2001
Alpharetta, GA
My 5 year old has been begging me like crazy to ride in one of these since last summer. Well he is now old enough and meets height/weight requirements for our local track. The track has a "test drive" car for kids that want to try this out and/or practice their skills. This Sunday we are going to track to the track and see how much he likes it.

5b660d0336dd8-image-jpg.132570

Reactions: anomaly

8legs

8eyes
OT Supporter
Mar 16, 2008
Webbywebz
We used a dock a tot in our bed the first couple months co-sleeping

I may review it’s use for round 2 for the safety aspects but it was a good thing for us the first round
I used a bassinet that I could put right next to me and bounce any time the bb seemed to rouse out fuss. It was designed to be a little springy, was super light weight and had wheels. We used that thing all over the house. If we went for round 2 I'd definitely use it again.

Simple

Sexy Beatch
Nov 29, 2001
Edmonton, Alberta
We used a dock a tot in our bed the first couple months co-sleeping

I may review it’s use for round 2 for the safety aspects but it was a good thing for us the first round
We ended up using a travel bassinet in between us for the first few months (foam oval padding). You do what you can and as safe as you can so they sleep lol

Reactions: kwhitelaw

Users who are viewing this thread

• Ore

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448