CREW SRS The all inclusive parenting thread v. Exhaustion/suicidal thoughts/moments of happiness

Jinx

OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2005
Indianapolis, Indiana
I've been in my feels today. Allow me to share:

When I got my vasectomy it was because I knew we were finished having babies. But I didn't think I'd mourn that phase being over. And while I don't regret it, I do find myself getting a little sad whenever I realize that we have truly moved on from that season.
I'd never planned to even have one kid, so I was pretty set on the "one and done" thing. When my ectopic happened, I was actually pretty happy because it was an easy way to segue into getting my tubes taken out. About two years later, I started getting into my feels about the whole thing because it.... finally clicked?... for me that I'd had a miscarriage that ended with me losing my ability to have kids. I don't regret it, but it was/has been/is super weird to deal with those feelings after never having even considered them in the time immediately after everything happened. My husband has/had no idea how to deal with it because he's still iffy about having one kid :hs:

8legs

8eyes
OT Supporter
Mar 16, 2008
Webbywebz
I have been trying to take advantage of the Saturday where I can sleep in but I've been stuck in parental nightmares of mortal peril. I got up and helped with stuff earlier so I could feel calm but it's not really working. I really need the frigging sleep after dealing with months of spring insomnia because stupid CA weather doesn't know how to make spring well enough defined. This is my rant. It is over and I am trying again.

• Support
Reactions: Jinx

DasVWBabe

OT's Diamond and Gemstone Tutorial Creator
OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
Last weekend in Magnolia; when did she get so tall?

nK8O3B3l.jpg

Leah

OT Supporter
Dec 30, 2006
Oz
Are sleepovers on school nights a thing now? My 6th grader’s friend group seems to do this regularly and then of course I’m the asshole for always saying no. I never even asked my parents to do this if it wasn’t Friday or Saturday night.

DasVWBabe

OT's Diamond and Gemstone Tutorial Creator
OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
Are sleepovers on school nights a thing now? My 6th grader’s friend group seems to do this regularly and then of course I’m the asshole for always saying no. I never even asked my parents to do this if it wasn’t Friday or Saturday night.
No way. I'm not a sleepover Mom yet.

• Wow
Reactions: Colleen

Jinx

OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2005
Indianapolis, Indiana
i never considered it as a kid, but like.. i can't really see why not giving it a shot wouldn't be worth it? especially if they're at the same school and can all just hop on the bus together in the morning.

let them know there's the expectation they have to get their homework done and that they actually need to sleep-- if those things don't happen, then weeknight sleepovers can't happen again. kids now seem to be more aware of the whole idea of "body doubling" to get tasks done, so it might make it easier for some kids to get work done when they have someone else there.

tbh my parents probably would have appreciated weeknight sleepovers more so they wouldn't have to entertain kids the whole next day

Reactions: Leah

Leah

OT Supporter
Dec 30, 2006
Oz
i never considered it as a kid, but like.. i can't really see why not giving it a shot wouldn't be worth it? especially if they're at the same school and can all just hop on the bus together in the morning.

let them know there's the expectation they have to get their homework done and that they actually need to sleep-- if those things don't happen, then weeknight sleepovers can't happen again. kids now seem to be more aware of the whole idea of "body doubling" to get tasks done, so it might make it easier for some kids to get work done when they have someone else there.

tbh my parents probably would have appreciated weeknight sleepovers more so they wouldn't have to entertain kids the whole next day
The thing is, I’ve hosted sleepovers with these girls and they either stay up all night long chuckle heading or there’s some kind of drama. I would not inflict either scenario on other parents on a week night.

Colleen

Apr 3, 2002
🇨🇦
Our oldest has had sleepovers since .. 6? He has a good group of guy friends though who are polite and all of the parents seem pretty normal.

At this point with COVID I'm like please go out with your friends and be a kid again :hs:

I'd be fine with a sleepover but our oldest is out the door on his own in the AM as we leave for work, so I'm not 100% they would manage to get out the door on time.

Ore

OT Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Hamilton ON
The thing is, I’ve hosted sleepovers with these girls and they either stay up all night long chuckle heading or there’s some kind of drama. I would not inflict either scenario on other parents on a week night.
I never attended a sleep over as a child that wasn't staying up all night with candy/video/games staying outside all night. Weeknight sleep over sounds retarded to me.

Reactions: Simple and Leah

Users who are viewing this thread

• About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
    OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
    Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
    Guests online
    Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ddunn9448