CREW SRS The all inclusive parenting thread v. Exhaustion/suicidal thoughts/moments of happiness

digital jello

i'll be jeans soon
OT Supporter
Mar 14, 2006
Are sleepovers on school nights a thing now? My 6th grader’s friend group seems to do this regularly and then of course I’m the asshole for always saying no. I never even asked my parents to do this if it wasn’t Friday or Saturday night.
hell naw that’s a weekend thing

Reactions: Simple

digital jello

i'll be jeans soon
OT Supporter
Mar 14, 2006
That’s what I’m saying. She acts like this is a totally normal thing. I told her I polled my friends and she is wrong and her friends are hooligans.
I mean my kid is two but just basing it off my own judgment and my experience. Weekend thing.

BStork

Suck My Beak From The Back™️
OT Supporter
Apr 28, 2007
Got a new couch yesterday that was ordered in November.

Couldn’t even make it 24 hours before spilling a whole glass of orange juice on it…

:mad:

Ask me why we haven't replaced the carpet upstairs yet :mad:

8legs

8eyes
OT Supporter
Mar 16, 2008
Webbywebz
Today was a rough day. Baby got sick with a fever. Was running around burning up and crying. Mostly body fever. Then he got a little sluggish. Cousin came over to help just in time for the fountain of barf. It was nice to have more hands on deck because that was a big ol mess of the ice water he'd just had and cottage cheese from earlier. Doc said bring him to the urgent care, but we got there (he barfed as soon as we pulled up) and they said they don't take kids that young. Went to ER and spent hours there. They gave him something to keep him from throwing up water so he could hydrate without an iv. Eventually his fever broke and we got enough fluids back in him. I hope it doesn't cost as much since they did most of the care from the waiting room.

He got so hot he dehydrated so fast once he couldn't keep anything down. I can nurse a fever, but that one was a little weird. I hope he doesn't dip back into that. It sucked seeing him go all lethargic like that :( Total mom panic.

BStork

Suck My Beak From The Back™️
OT Supporter
Apr 28, 2007
Can I just say: If you think that your kid might have ADHD or if they're having issues with focus or school or behavior, etc., please take them to a professional and have them evaluated if you're able. Both of our older kids are now on Strattera after being diagnosed with ADHD and it's only been positive.

Both kids have said that they can focus better. Our oldest daughter's grades improved.

Our son said that he feels like his brain works better. He doesn't hyper fixate or sensory seek anymore. They're just happier overall, too. Their teachers have commented on it.

There's no shame in it. I felt a weird sense of shame at first, idk why. But now I see how good it is for them.

Reactions: kwhitelaw

Twinturbos101

OT Supporter
Oct 15, 2004
And luckily hospital visitor policy has been a bit more generous, so each mom has visited separately which has been great

And we were only in labor for ~17 hours (2.5 pushing) so the stay ha been great. Born at 12:15am so we got an extra nights stay 😂

12:15 AM on the 13th?

We delivered at 7:45 PM on the 12th :cool:

Twinturbos101

OT Supporter
Oct 15, 2004
Alexandria (Ali) was born April 12th at a whopping 5lb 7oz. Based on measurements throughout pregnancy we were expecting closer to a 7lb baby :dunno:. Momma ended up with an unplanned c-section at the last minute due to abnormalities with the baby's heart rhythm when she hit about 7cm dilated :hs:. According to the doctors post-op the placenta was deteriorating and was torn/tearing? Regardless, mom and baby are both doing great now a couple of weeks in.

You can see how tiny she was, especially in the car seat:
8tOzGoJ.jpeg
JpPeDH7.jpeg
JIDTq9e.jpeg

Already getting her fattened up by Easter:
utnj5Ff.jpeg

Twinturbos101

OT Supporter
Oct 15, 2004
I took 2.5 weeks off of work to help out and my wife is taking 12. I don't see how people without the ability to take off work manage this :rofl:.

Reactions: Sirius

Users who are viewing this thread

• About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
    OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
    Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
    Guests online
    Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ddunn9448