CREW SRS The all inclusive parenting thread v. Exhaustion/suicidal thoughts/moments of happiness

DasVWBabe

OT's Diamond and Gemstone Tutorial Creator
OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
My 11 year old went from a kid size 5 to a 7.5 shoe in what seems like 2 months.

Like everything in between skipped it all. Didn't complain about shoes not fitting, either.
Dude. My girl went from 40" to 51" (and 11.5" shorter than me) in like 16 months. She's almost into women size Rothys. RIP her kids Rothy's collection. :wtc:

Leah

OT Supporter
Dec 30, 2006
Oz
So this girl my daughter has been feuding with edited Snapchat screenshots to make it look like she used a racial slur and then proceeded to share them far and wide on social media. My daughter was approached by two people at school yesterday and accused of being a racist. At this time she had no idea what was going on. She came to me crying and shaking last night when she became aware of what was happening.

I have a meeting today with the principal, vice principal, the girl’s mom and possibly the two girls as well, not sure about that part yet. And I’m just not sure how I’m going to keep my cool and also seem objective here lol. I think this girl is going to double and triple down that it wasn’t her when I KNOW it was and there is actually substantial evidence that she did it. But literally all this little bastard does is talk shit and lie.

Shit is fucking hard man and sometimes I would give anything to go back to the days of public tantrums and diaper blowouts.

deadbeef

OT Supporter
Sep 5, 2020
So this girl my daughter has been feuding with edited Snapchat screenshots to make it look like she used a racial slur and then proceeded to share them far and wide on social media. My daughter was approached by two people at school yesterday and accused of being a racist. At this time she had no idea what was going on. She came to me crying and shaking last night when she became aware of what was happening.

I have a meeting today with the principal, vice principal, the girl’s mom and possibly the two girls as well, not sure about that part yet. And I’m just not sure how I’m going to keep my cool and also seem objective here lol. I think this girl is going to double and triple down that it wasn’t her when I KNOW it was and there is actually substantial evidence that she did it. But literally all this little bastard does is talk shit and lie.

Shit is fucking hard man and sometimes I would give anything to go back to the days of public tantrums and diaper blowouts.
Get that girl suspended :mad:

Reactions: Leah

the_antsy_honda

Do not hug me.
Dec 17, 2001
California

Parenting in the social media age is terrifying.

Sorry you're going through this.

Good luck

• Support
Reactions: Leah

Leah

OT Supporter
Dec 30, 2006
Oz
Get that girl suspended :mad:
That’s the plan. The vice principal was all “We’re really trying to keep everyone at school and just work it out amongst ourselves” and I was like…nah. If I were a real battle ax I would’ve come in and demanded a suspension after all of the name calling and general harassment that’s been going on for the last few weeks. But this is egregious and if they think I’m going to be satisfied by a “talk” they are fucking high.

DasVWBabe

OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
That’s the plan. The vice principal was all “We’re really trying to keep everyone at school and just work it out amongst ourselves” and I was like…nah. If I were a real battle ax I would’ve come in and demanded a suspension after all of the name calling and general harassment that’s been going on for the last few weeks. But this is egregious and if they think I’m going to be satisfied by a “talk” they are fucking high.

You go support your girl; be a fucking bull dog. This will be pivotal in your relationship; when she sees her mom advocating for her like a bear in a china cabinet, that will be what she will remember. I wish you luck and you have our support.

Kids who do this sort of thing need to understand early that there are immediate and severe consequences for lying and intentional manipulation and FUCK everything about the parents possibly trying to defend those actions.

Leah

OT Supporter
Dec 30, 2006
Oz
You go support your girl; be a fucking bull dog. This will be pivotal in your relationship; when she sees her mom advocating for her like a bear in a china cabinet, that will be what she will remember. I wish you luck and you have our support.

Kids who do this sort of thing need to understand early that there are immediate and severe consequences for lying and intentional manipulation and FUCK everything about the parents possibly trying to defend those actions.
It’s hard to tell where the mom is at with everything. I actually have a relationship with her, the girls used to be friends and had a falling out that has obviously just gotten completely out of hand. But on the phone with the vice principal she said “I know she’s not innocent in all of this” and while that could be seen as encouraging I’m like…no fucking shit she isn’t. So I’m just really uncertain how this is going to go because I’m starting at a place of 0 patience for her denying she did this.

DasVWBabe

OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
It’s hard to tell where the mom is at with everything. I actually have a relationship with her, the girls used to be friends and had a falling out that has obviously just gotten completely out of hand. But on the phone with the vice principal she said “I know she’s not innocent in all of this” and while that could be seen as encouraging I’m like…no fucking shit she isn’t. So I’m just really uncertain how this is going to go because I’m starting at a place of 0 patience for her denying she did this.
Sounds to me like she's the fucking catalyst to all of this. No mercy.

Reactions: kwhitelaw and Leah

Remy Bressant

Boots in the cab SMDFTB
OT Supporter
Jul 24, 2015
SoCal
Daughters for some reason are extremely competitive and love having little strength matches against one another trying to close the damn door on each other. It’s been the bane of my existance hearing slamming doors and having to do the dad stomp upstairs to tell them to knock it off before someone gets hurt. Lo and behold someone finally got hurt. 6yr old had her finger in between the door and the frame on the hinge side. Nearly amputated the tip of the finger and broke the bone. 6 hrs of ER later shes home with stitches and a splint and should be right as rain in 6-8 weeks minus some lingering numbness.
No my 3yr old is running around parroting “I told you both not to play with the damn door!” Which is cute and infuriating at the same time.

fuct.

Pax sola in morte
Nov 12, 2000
Houston

this should be you:
shame-nick-frost.gif

• Haha
Reactions: kwhitelaw and Leah

Thumpin'Ram

I'll level with you. These bags weren't designed f
Jul 15, 2001
Goodbye mailbox

You're making me want to homeschool.

Remy Bressant

Boots in the cab SMDFTB
OT Supporter
Jul 24, 2015
SoCal

This is terrifying.
You’re doing the right thing

Leah

OT Supporter
Dec 30, 2006
Oz
@Leah we need a casualty report from the meeting :eek3:
She refused to own up to it which surprised no one. I told them before they talked to her that she would never admit it in a million years and I would not accept them just going “Well okay then, she says she didn’t do it.” She was sent home from school today, is now required to check her phone into the office for the day for the rest of school, and she’s not allowed to attend the last day of school “field day” type thing they do.

Her mother wouldn’t even look me in the eye. Fuck her and her horrible kid.

DasVWBabe

OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
She refused to own up to it which surprised no one. I told them before they talked to her that she would never admit it in a million years and I would not accept them just going “Well okay then, she says she didn’t do it.” She was sent home from school today, is now required to check her phone into the office for the day for the rest of school, and she’s not allowed to attend the last day of school “field day” type thing they do.

How could she possibly take that approach and then have the audacity to make eye contact. I realize she wants to support her kid, but her kid was fucking wrong and toxic and I suspect the apple doesn't fall far.

I'm sorry you have to deal with this. :hug:

Colleen

Apr 3, 2002
🇨🇦

If my kid did that to your daughter (which they wouldn't because they know better) I would fucking haul their asses over to your house and they would be not only apologize but also be working off their asshole behavior off by doing whatever tasks you wanted them to.

beddachedda

life is uncertain. don't sip.
OT Supporter
Apr 8, 2006
We might have to replace a touch lamp that's on the changing table because of some projectile poop goddamn

• Cool
Reactions: Simple

Leah

OT Supporter
Dec 30, 2006
Oz
Expertly handled.
Thank you. I should add that the only reason the school did anything at all is because I could prove that a lot of it occurred during the school day. (Like it was shared to a middle school “tea page” at 11:30 a.m. for example) Otherwise they wouldn’t have done shit. Fair warning to other parents approaching these issues with bullying on social media, a lot of admins will wash their hands of it as “outside of school” if they can.

Reactions: kwhitelaw

Twinturbos101

OT Supporter
Oct 15, 2004
We might have to replace a touch lamp that's on the changing table because of some projectile poop goddamn

Lol, had that. Little bb sized pieces of poop up mom's arm.

We had about 2 weeks where my daughter only seemed to want to pee after you took off the dirty diaper & wiped her, that was fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448