CREW SRS The all inclusive parenting thread v. Exhaustion/suicidal thoughts/moments of happiness

fuct.

Pax sola in morte
Nov 12, 2000
Houston
My biggest regret early on was both wife and I basically doing the same thing

Oh baby is crying and hungry in middle of night? We were both up to support one another in our minds. All it did was made 2 tired parents instead of 1. Also plenty of frustration and arguments lmao
my wife and i alternate nights. it works.

Reactions: Sp33dealer

8legs

8eyes
OT Supporter
Mar 16, 2008
Webbywebz
Did probably 20 minutes of burp activities and even used a Windi to no avail, he had a huge green poop this morning so was most likely that
My kid is a big fart machine. No matter how good the burping went, he was blasting stank. And it never stopped. He farts so friggin loud and has only just begun to show awareness that he's the one making that sound / other people can hear it (at 2.5 yr).

I'm not squeamish, but poops of unusual color are more gross than ordinary poo. The color factor can occasionally surpass a terrible odor from time to time.

beddachedda

life is uncertain. don't sip.
OT Supporter
Apr 8, 2006
My kid is a big fart machine. No matter how good the burping went, he was blasting stank. And it never stopped. He farts so friggin loud and has only just begun to show awareness that he's the one making that sound / other people can hear it (at 2.5 yr).

I'm not squeamish, but poops of unusual color are more gross than ordinary poo. The color factor can occasionally surpass a terrible odor from time to time.
Had a good green liquid poop this morning that looked like salsa verde

No Mexican for me for a minute

• Barf
Reactions: 8legs

8legs

8eyes
OT Supporter
Mar 16, 2008
Webbywebz
I had that moment tonight. Seeing him exhibit new skills, things that he obviously paid attention to that we haven't worked on for a while just suddenly happening. Seeing him happy and watching the gears turn gives me all the warm fuzzy feelings.

Leonard Washington

Aug 15, 2004
I know this is a universal parent thing but man. Looking at your kid and just seeing the beauty. What a work of art. I give most credit to my wife as I’m sure all us bros do.
It blows my mind daily

My favorite thing in life is when I see my kid I’ll do a big surprised face for a few seconds and then smile at her and she grins back and laughs. Coming home from work and doing that the first time I see her is the best thing ever.

Now that we are in the stage where we can interact with her somewhat and it’s not constant exhaustion from keeping a tiny flesh bag of human DNA alive daily my wife is finding it way better and she’s in a much better place mentally so life has been pretty good lately

DasVWBabe

OT's Diamond and Gemstone Tutorial Creator
OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
For the formula shortage. Thought this might help some of you.

https://...www.facebook.com/merry.knight1/posts/10100332243995170

For some reason it's not loading properly, so I copy/pasted. Remove the dots and copy/paste to see the live post.

Since this formula shortage is getting real AF, I thought I would share this post I wrote for my group Evidence Based Feeding & Parenting: Formula, Breastfeeding & More. Maybe it could be helpful for someone.
The most important thing I want to impress upon everyone is that unless your baby has an allergy they can take literally any formula. Sensitive and gentle formulas are mostly just marketing. That being said, there are certain formulas that are more compatible with each other and can be used without making any transitions.
"The ideal best fit is to stick with the same category of formula. These formulas will be completely interchangeable with each other. If your child has an allergy be sure to check ingredients and speak to your allergist if you can.
Basic Cow’s Milk Formulas: Similac Advance, Similac Pro-Advance, Similac Organic, Similac 360 Total Care, Similac Pure Bliss, Enfamil Infant, Enfamil Neuropro Infant, Enfamil Enspire, Enfamil Simply Organic, Earth’s Best Organic Dairy Formula, HappyBaby Organic, Burt's Bees Organic Infant Milk, Any Store Brand Infant (yellow top), Any Store Brand Advantage or Pro-Advantage (blue top), Kirkland Signature ProCare, Any Store Brand Organic, Nestle Nan 1
Low Lactose “Sensitive” Formulas: Similac Sensitive, Similac Pro-Sensitive, Similac 360 Total Care Sensitive, Any Store Brand Sensitivity (orange top), Earth’s Best Organic Sensitivity, HappyBaby Sensitive Organic Formula, Burt's Bees Organic Sensitive
Low Lactose, Partially-Hydrolyzed “Gentle” Formulas: Enfamil Gentlease, Enfamil Neuropro Gentlease, Enfamil Enspire Gentlease, Earth’s Best Organic Gentle Formula, Any Store Brand Gentle (purple top)
High Whey Ratio “Comfort” Formulas: Similac Total Comfort, Similac Pro-Total Comfort, Gerber Soothe, Gerber SoothePro, Enfamil Reguline, Any Store Brand Tender (dark blue top), Burt's Bees Ultra Gentle, Any Store Brand Complete Comfort (lavender top), Gerber Gentle or GentlePro (these are not low lactose)
Formulas for Reflux: Similac for Spit Up, Enfamil AR, Any Store Brand Added Rice Starch (pink top)
High Calorie Formulas (only for use under doctor supervision): Similac Neosure, Enfamil Enfacare
Soy Formulas: Similac Soy Isomil, Enfamil Prosobee, Enfamil Prosobee Plant-Based, Gerber Gentle Soy, Gerber Plant Based, Any Store Brand Soy
Hypoallergenic Formula (check ingredients before switching!): Similac Alimentum, Enfamil Nutramigen, Gerber Extensive HA, Any Store Brand Hypoallergenic
Amino Acid Formulas (speak to allergist as soon as possible): Puramino, Neocate, Elecare, Alfamino
In a pinch and barring allergies, your baby can drink any formula labeled Infant Formula on the package. Most babies do just fine switching, and you have to do what you have to do to keep your baby fed. Remember: using imported formula, homemade formula, or unpasteurized/unscreened donor milk is very dangerous."

• Support
Reactions: Leah and Jinx

DasVWBabe

OT's Diamond and Gemstone Tutorial Creator
OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
did you buy a travel car seat, or you traveled with the normal one? My normal one is a convertible and it's huge. We traveled pre-pandemic with the infant seat and it was no big deal.
We traveled plenty with our convertible. Just bought a travel backpack bag for it and checked it. When she needed it in her seat, we brought it on the plane with us since they let you board early with babies. Just had husband get the car seat loaded and strapped in while I took kiddo to the bathroom to do the last diaper change and she and I boarded near the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Ore

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448