CREW SRS The all inclusive parenting thread v. Exhaustion/suicidal thoughts/moments of happiness

Twinturbos101

OT Supporter
Oct 15, 2004
I think my baby has some sort of radar for any time my wife and I try to do something basic, like sit down at a table for 15 minutes and eat. Baby can be in the middle of her nap in her bassinet and without us making noise or moving her, wake up screaming the instant we sit down.

Plato Spaghetti

OT Supporter
Feb 28, 2004
Abalama
Potty training our second. Fuuuuuck me, she is so much more willful than my son was. She's doing OK, but I forgot how stressful that was.

Got my vasectomy though, so that's a positive, haha

Reactions: BStork

Simple

Sexy Beatch
Nov 29, 2001
Edmonton, Alberta
Camille had to get blood drawn today, what an ordeal that was :rofl: technician is palpating her arm to find a vein, had to take a second sample because couldn’t get the needle into the vein on the first go, meanwhile she’s crying and screaming her head off. After something unpleasant we clap our hands and tell her to clap her hands so once he finished taking her blood she’s clapping through tears :rofl::wtc:

The technician was like, I feel like those claps are not for me

AndyP

OT Supporter
Jun 17, 2004
Sc0kgtT.jpg

DasVWBabe

OT's Diamond and Gemstone Tutorial Creator
OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
Last week of school starts todayyyyyyyyy.

We also toured a privated school last week and it was amazing. Not sure if we can send all 3, but we are gonna try :hs:

I'm with ya, but summer camp starts soon too!

I have to say, having kept kiddo in private throughout COVID has been nothing but great for us. They have an awesome virtual set up so if they ever have to shut down due to exposure, we switch straight to virtual and it's pretty seamless. They only have classes at this school through lower elementary, and kiddo is doing multiplication, cursive, creative writing. We're keeping her there for at least one more year.

Also, look into the school's offered financial assistance. When I was laid off the school discounted her tuition by 40% so we could keep her in school.

Twinturbos101

OT Supporter
Oct 15, 2004
What's the OT consensus on bouncers? Didn't see many comments in this thread and in RL I got responses from "lifesaver" to "total waste of money." I'm looking at the "self-propelled" type rather than the electronic type with lots of bells and whistles.

Daddy got to get some shit done.

AndyP

OT Supporter
Jun 17, 2004
What's the OT consensus on bouncers? Didn't see many comments in this thread and in RL I got responses from "lifesaver" to "total waste of money." I'm looking at the "self-propelled" type rather than the electronic type with lots of bells and whistles.

Depends on the baby. We have one of those and a neglect-o-saucer. Life savers.

BStork

Suck My Beak From The Back™️
OT Supporter
Apr 28, 2007
I'm with ya, but summer camp starts soon too!

I have to say, having kept kiddo in private throughout COVID has been nothing but great for us. They have an awesome virtual set up so if they ever have to shut down due to exposure, we switch straight to virtual and it's pretty seamless. They only have classes at this school through lower elementary, and kiddo is doing multiplication, cursive, creative writing. We're keeping her there for at least one more year.

Also, look into the school's offered financial assistance. When I was laid off the school discounted her tuition by 40% so we could keep her in school.

We're gonna try their FA. The school only takes kids in the 90th + percentile and part of the app is an IQ test.

BStork

OT Supporter
Apr 28, 2007

Consider baby wearing it's a thing where you just need your hands free

DasVWBabe

OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia

Really depends on the baby. Mamaroo was a total waste, she wanted to be worn practically 24/7. So, I just used a SSC (Ergo, Tula, etc) and she pretty much slept in that whenever I need to do anything and/or work from home.

DasVWBabe

OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
We had a mamaroo on two levels and a cheapy manual bouncer in the living room, baby loved all of them but outgrew pretty quick

I never once wore the baby, and my wife tried a wrap thing once and failed miserably lol
I swear by baby wearing, but yeah, wraps are tricky and I would have abandoned it had I not been introduced to SSCs. Soft structured carriers are the easiest on/off when you're by yourself. Saved my sanity on so many occasions, especially through airports up until she was about 2.5. I still have our digital camo Ergo and toddler Tula in our hall closet.

BStork

OT Supporter
Apr 28, 2007
I swear by baby wearing, but yeah, wraps are tricky and I would have abandoned it had I not been introduced to SSCs. Soft structured carriers are the easiest on/off when you're by yourself. Saved my sanity on so many occasions, especially through airports up until she was about 2.5. I still have our digital camo Ergo and toddler Tula in our hall closet.

We used a wrap when they were tiny then moved to SCC as they got bigger. It was great for us.

Users who are viewing this thread

• About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
    OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
    Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
    Guests online
    Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ddunn9448