CREW SRS The all inclusive parenting thread v. Exhaustion/suicidal thoughts/moments of happiness

DasVWBabe

OT's Diamond and Gemstone Tutorial Creator
OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
mother FUCK strep

had it earlier this year and it was bad

Never had it growing up and always thought it was just a sore throat. It was much worse than that lol
I got it a bunch when I was a kid. It can be really bad.
Hows she feeling this am?
It's strep. And her pediatrician said "it's going around". :(

DasVWBabe

OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
What?! Who is tall in your family?

I assume my boys are going to be on the shorter side :0
My Mom's side. They're all Danish/German blondes. My uncles are all 6'2", 6"4, 6'6". My 6'6" uncle has 5 daughters - all just at, or over 6'. The Paralympic rower who won like 5 golds in world championships and 2 silvers at the Paralympics is 6'1". :eek3:

• Wow
Reactions: Colleen

Jinx

OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2005
Indianapolis, Indiana
Dude is currently on 6 hours 30 minutes of sleep, shattering his previous record.

Wife woke up engorged and we've just been watching him rooting for him at 3am lmao while her boobs hurt
That happened a few times while I was nursing. One time was bad enough that I finagled myself to dangle a nipple in front of my kid's mouth to see if she would nurse in her sleep to get me some relief :rofl:

It totally worked btw :mamoru2:

Colleen

Apr 3, 2002
🇨🇦
My Mom's side. They're all Danish/German blondes. My uncles are all 6'2", 6"4, 6'6". My 6'6" uncle has 5 daughters - all just at, or over 6'. The Paralympic rower who won like 5 golds in world championships and 2 silvers at the Paralympics is 6'1". :eek3:
Jesus.. why are you a midget then? :rofl:

DasVWBabe

OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
Jesus.. why are you a midget then? :rofl:
My Dad. The Spaniards. :o

This is my maternal grandpa and most of his grandchildren and a few greats at the time. Hard to tell since most of us are sitting, but my sister is in the back. In heels. She's 5'1". A couple of the grands are missing in this (the rower was actually at the Paralympics or a World Championship at that point). The long-haired blondes are all 5'11" - 6'1".
MoVILt9l.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Sp33dealer

beddachedda

life is uncertain. don't sip.
OT Supporter
Apr 8, 2006
It’s life changing

Mine is almost 8 months, kid slammed out 11.5hrs last night. Zero wakings. She fucking loves sleep, we haven’t had to tend to her after putting her down initially for like 2.5 months now
i just cant wait to get evenings back. put em down at 7 and dont go to sleep instantly bc im getting every second i can

Reactions: Jinx and Sp33dealer

{hydro}

OT Supporter
Aug 1, 2005
Upstate CA
Took our 2yo to get her first Moderna shot. We haven't been out a lot to places where we need to sit still so we had "fun" there. People on reddit recommended a go bag type thing with stuff to keep her busy. She slapped a sticker on this poster. I tried to take it off but it just started tearing :o Workers weren't paying attention but a mom there had a good laugh :rofl:

tempImagevK5tEZ.jpg

the_antsy_honda

Sir, I protest...
Dec 17, 2001
California
How often do you just drop by the store looking for little gifts for your kids for no apparent reason?

Went to an appointment and figured I'd drop by the Target and see what kind of goodies they had, picked up my daughter a My Hero Academia manga thing (she loves the show) and my son so Yu-Gi-Oh cards boosters.

I know deep down I probably shouldn't spoil them, but I may in fact turning into my dad at this point.

I do this probably a bit more often than I should.

DasVWBabe

OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
Took our 2yo to get her first Moderna shot. We haven't been out a lot to places where we need to sit still so we had "fun" there. People on reddit recommended a go bag type thing with stuff to keep her busy. She slapped a sticker on this poster. I tried to take it off but it just started tearing :o Workers weren't paying attention but a mom there had a good laugh :rofl:

View attachment 235061
I love her. I wish there was video. :rofl:
Everything in our house has stickers on it. My personal Mac has I <3 (her Montessori) and a Mondrian-inspired sticker.

Reactions: {hydro}

Jinx

OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2005
Indianapolis, Indiana
How often do you just drop by the store looking for little gifts for your kids for no apparent reason?

Went to an appointment and figured I'd drop by the Target and see what kind of goodies they had, picked up my daughter a My Hero Academia manga thing (she loves the show) and my son so Yu-Gi-Oh cards boosters.

I know deep down I probably shouldn't spoil them, but I may in fact turning into my dad at this point.

that isn't spoiling them, and anyone that says otherwise can stuff it where the sun don't shine :o if it's not putting you out to do things like that, then why not?

if they start expecting it, then it might be time to have a talk about appreciating gifts and stuff, but i doubt that's the case here

DasVWBabe

OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia

Yo, keep doing that. Those spontaneous moments of surprise are completely irreplaceable. You're a good dad.

I have a bathroom cabinet full of little LEGO sets (post-dentist appointments or just when she's sort of sick) and my closet is packed with larger ones for spontaneous moments when I want to see her eyes absolutely light up. I don't give a shit about *spoiling* my kiddo because she has a loose grasp of the fact that she is very lucky and yet, she is so demonstrably appreciative of such little things.

the_antsy_honda

Sir, I protest...
Dec 17, 2001
California

View attachment 235061
it's just a fish wound

Reactions: {hydro}

the_antsy_honda

Sir, I protest...
Dec 17, 2001
California
Yo, keep doing that. Those spontaneous moments of surprise are completely irreplaceable. You're a good dad.

I have a bathroom cabinet full of little LEGO sets (post-dentist appointments or just when she's sort of sick) and my closet is packed with larger ones for spontaneous moments when I want to see her eyes absolutely light up. I don't give a shit about *spoiling* my kiddo because she has a loose grasp of the fact that she is very lucky and yet, she is so demonstrably appreciative of such little things.
We just got back from her art class at the community center and gave her the book and then my son sat there kinda sullen and then gave him the packs lol

i like messin with him

• Love
Reactions: DasVWBabe

kwhitelaw

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2004
virginia

im hella bad at this but deep down the roommate is okay with it even if she gives me shit from time to time. clothes for days, toys for her playpen, new nike slides that she wore once before growing out of them lol

• Haha
Reactions: the_antsy_honda

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
West1971