CREW SRS The all inclusive parenting thread v. Exhaustion/suicidal thoughts/moments of happiness

s2k

OT Supporter
Oct 8, 2002
corn field, iowa
Anyone here gone through or know of someone who’s a fragile x carrier and has gone through a successful pregnancy via IVF with embryo selection? How much does something like that cost?

DasVWBabe

OT's Diamond and Gemstone Tutorial Creator
OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
Anyone here gone through or know of someone who’s a fragile x carrier and has gone through a successful pregnancy via IVF with embryo selection? How much does something like that cost?
I don't know anyone personally, just have read a few stories here and there.

Here's one that you may have already found. First time natural pregnancy following baby aspirin, clomid, and prednisone treatment. Second pregnancy with IVF: https://foodsforfertility.com/about/

I went on a search in earnest on reddit in the IVF subreddit. I didn't read more than the top couple of posts, but might be worth looking into: https://www.reddit.com/r/IVF/search...sr=on&include_over_18=on&sort=relevance&t=all

Reactions: s2k

s2k

OT Supporter
Oct 8, 2002
corn field, iowa
I don't know anyone personally, just have read a few stories here and there.

Here's one that you may have already found. First time natural pregnancy following baby aspirin, clomid, and prednisone treatment. Second pregnancy with IVF: https://foodsforfertility.com/about/

I went on a search in earnest on reddit in the IVF subreddit. I didn't read more than the top couple of posts, but might be worth looking into: https://www.reddit.com/r/IVF/search...sr=on&include_over_18=on&sort=relevance&t=all
My friend’s wife is a fragile x carrier so there’s a 50% chance of having a child with intellectual disability if they were to conceive naturally, one option is to test and selectively fertilize a healthy embryo, but given the whole roe v wade thing he’s worried it might balloon into the IVF world

Reactions: Faithless

.chris

Leave her, Johnny, leave her
OT Supporter
Mar 2, 2006
SoFla
Not fragile X or anything but have gone through IVF. $40k-$60k seems to be the range.

Reactions: s2k

Colleen

Apr 3, 2002
🇨🇦
So our 4 year old was sleep walking last night and thankfully our oldest woke up and caught him opening the front door talking about winning a game? So he slept in our bed because I was freaked our he was going to do it again. :hs:

And on a good note our oldest got his report card with all As and a few Bs .. he also got a really nice compliment from his teacher.

Ore

OT Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Hamilton ON
So our 4 year old was sleep walking last night and thankfully our oldest woke up and caught him opening the front door talking about winning a game? So he slept in our bed because I was freaked our he was going to do it again. :hs:

And on a good note our oldest got his report card with all As and a few Bs .. he also got a really nice compliment from his teacher.

Pretty surprised they still give letter grades in BC. Growing up they replaced them with numbers 1-4. They probably don't give grades at all anymore in ON to be more "progressive"

Reactions: Colleen

kwhitelaw

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2004
virginia
Goddamn I do not trust our parents to do a full night with ours

That'd be fucking nice tho
It'll come thankfully..

roommate and the baby been out of town with her parents for 6 weeks, every couple days they take the baby monitor for the night so bae can sleep in. She needs it lol especially when I'm back out of town

Ron

OT Supporter
Sep 21, 2003
We're putting our guy down to a goddamn warzone

I fucking hate people
Just remember that noise is fine, babies can sleep through almost anything. It’s more of an annoyance to you than them

We used to make extra noise when our dude napped so he wouldn’t need it to be super quiet to sleep

Reactions: Faithless

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
West1971