CREW SRS The all inclusive parenting thread v. Exhaustion/suicidal thoughts/moments of happiness

Faithless

щ(゚Д゚щ)
Feb 11, 2001
Houston, TX
Just remember that noise is fine, babies can sleep through almost anything. It’s more of an annoyance to you than them

We used to make extra noise when our dude napped so he wouldn’t need it to be super quiet to sleep
Same. The youngest sleeps best with lots of noise because the older 3 are always loud af

s2k

OT Supporter
Oct 8, 2002
corn field, iowa
I haven’t slept for more than 3 hours straight since 6/23 o_O

And here’s how I spent my July 4th

IMG_1028.jpg

DasVWBabe

OT's Diamond and Gemstone Tutorial Creator
OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
I'm afraid my wife is going to decide she wants to stop working

Wife makes way too much to stop working :hs:
:hug:

Thank you for sharing with us, but please, as a working mom, don't make her feel anything but completely comfortable with quitting if she wants to. Rebalance the budget, show her a spreadsheet you've been keeping of small ways in which she could quit and you could still do this.

Likely, she won't *actually* quit because internally, she knows she makes too much to do so, but give her the extra grace to consider it as a team - it'll go a long way. I wish my circumstances had been different. My time home with her was much, much later in her life, but 6 months home with her after birth would have been a blessing I would have treasured. I felt like the money I made was too important for us at the time. :hs:

Spoiler: it wasn't.

DasVWBabe

OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
Mine beat up their shoes like crazy. It's like they drag their feet, kicking everything in their paths, and aim for mud
Rothys are 100% washable - she drowns them in mud, no problem. :rofl:

@Sp33dealer - I forget you're local. Would your wife want some Rothy's sneakers and loafers for your kiddo? Barely used in most cases? ;)

Gramps

Nov 7, 2007
CHICITYMANG
What a day today. I started a new job even though they said I wouldn’t start until Thursday, but the group wanted to get together today…so I went, because duh, it’s my first day.

Surprise, it’s my 3rd anniversary today. She already took the day off of work, but now she gets to stay home and watch the kids while I go to work :rofl:.

I get home and we all go out to a nice dinner including the kids. Then, my 2 year old grabs me while I’m holding the 5month and I absolutely wreck my back. Fire roaring through my back.

So now I’m stressed out, disabled, definitely not fucking.

Sp33dealer

Bully Troll Crew
Aug 3, 2005
DFW
Rothys are 100% washable - she drowns them in mud, no problem. :rofl:

@Sp33dealer - I forget you're local. Would your wife want some Rothy's sneakers and loafers for your kiddo? Barely used in most cases? ;)
Possibly I’d just have to figure out the whole explaining we are getting shoes from an internet person lol

DasVWBabe

OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
Possibly I’d just have to figure out the whole explaining we are getting shoes from an internet person lol
FB Marketplace - done, done. We're similar enough in neighborhoods. Let me see what I've got and I'll PM you. :bigthumb:

ETA: I think I have like 3 pairs of the loafers and at least 1 or 2 of the sneakers. https://rothys.com/collections/kids-shoes

DasVWBabe

OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
West1971