CREW SRS The all inclusive parenting thread v. Exhaustion/suicidal thoughts/moments of happiness

kwhitelaw

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2004
virginia
And my niece that is 10 is with us on vacation just had her first period WHEW. So thankful the wife is here. My poor BIL has been dealing with everything since my sister passed in November and now this. We'll get my niece squared away no worries but now it's basically as if she's our second child, that happens to be 10 lol, so quite a process. I know my BIL is thankful cause he's a deer in the lights with everything, my sister did basically everything up until the day she left us

the_antsy_honda

Sir, I protest...
Dec 17, 2001
California
And my niece that is 10 is with us on vacation just had her first period WHEW. So thankful the wife is here. My poor BIL has been dealing with everything since my sister passed in November and now this. We'll get my niece squared away no worries but now it's basically as if she's our second child, that happens to be 10 lol, so quite a process. I know my BIL is thankful cause he's a deer in the lights with everything, my sister did basically everything up until the day she left us
It's pretty damn surreal when your little girl starts maturing.

I noticed a few weeks ago she as developing and needed some more upper clothing considerations.

Like...you were just a baby a few days ago right?

the_antsy_honda

Sir, I protest...
Dec 17, 2001
California
New dentist.

They are surfer themed, have saltwater tanks, tvs in ceiling playing Disney movies, headphones, etc.

Pretty cool. When I was a kid it was like our last office, old stuffy and not cool at all.

Reactions: digital jello

The Grand Inquisitor

Mar 14, 2005
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Well, first real fever two years into it. Just as we are about to start daycare.

First reading 102.5. Kiddo is a trooper and happy and holding up so far, and advil has it down to 100.5 already. But there is a little cough so potentially something serious.

:hsd:

• Support
Reactions: DasVWBabe

DasVWBabe

OT's Diamond and Gemstone Tutorial Creator
OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
Well, first real fever two years into it. Just as we are about to start daycare.

First reading 102.5. Kiddo is a trooper and happy and holding up so far, and advil has it down to 100.5 already. But there is a little cough so potentially something serious.

:hsd:
Wow. Two years until a real fever. Good luck. I hope it's just a cold.

But, buckle up. Daycare/school is going to be an adventure of "How many trips can we make to the ped for 'it's nothing, just a little cold'?" :hug:

Sp33dealer

Bully Troll Crew
Aug 3, 2005
DFW
Wow. Two years until a real fever. Good luck. I hope it's just a cold.

But, buckle up. Daycare/school is going to be an adventure of "How many trips can we make to the ped for 'it's nothing, just a little cold'?" :hug:
that and he will get sick a lot more than usual lol

• Support

jeri534

OT Supporter
Jul 17, 2002
question for yalls...

How close to the due date should I be prepared to block my schedule out for any work trips or functions? Is it one of those things when it's like, a few weeks out you should be within 10-15 minutes of mom just incase anything happens?

beddachedda

life is uncertain. don't sip.
OT Supporter
Apr 8, 2006
question for yalls...

How close to the due date should I be prepared to block my schedule out for any work trips or functions? Is it one of those things when it's like, a few weeks out you should be within 10-15 minutes of mom just incase anything happens?
i pretty much cleared the whole third trimester but i'm hyper careful

a month is probably more reasonable, but definitely something that depends on you and your partners comfort

fuct.

Pax sola in morte
OT Supporter
Nov 12, 2000
Howdy Arabia
my wife drives me crazy sometimes :rolleyes:

my kid scored 76th percentile in math and 94th percentile in reading in her STAAR tests. she goes "she can do better". Since when did we turn asian?

Reactions: Sp33dealer

digital jello

i'll be jeans soon
OT Supporter
Mar 14, 2006
Since when did we turn asian?
200.gif

• Haha
Reactions: kwhitelaw

Ron

OT Supporter
Sep 21, 2003
question for yalls...

Our kid came two weeks early

I think a month before the due date is prudent barring a preemie situation

Jinx

OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2005
Indianapolis, Indiana
my kid has been having one of "those" days where she manages to spill/drop anything and everything i've handed her

she even managed to spill an entire cup of kung fu tea lemonade with the plastic lid seal thingy still on it :o

Ron

OT Supporter
Sep 21, 2003
my wife drives me crazy sometimes :rolleyes:

my kid scored 76th percentile in math and 94th percentile in reading in her STAAR tests. she goes "she can do better". Since when did we turn asian?
Aren’t those low scores? Also kinda racist

BStork

Suck My Beak From The Back™️
OT Supporter
Apr 28, 2007
Also: Anyone else's 10 year old daughter yelling at them and being super emotional lately?

Just me?

:hs:

• Support

Twinturbos101

OT Supporter
Oct 15, 2004
question for yalls...

I traveled a month before and I was nervous as fuck.

My wife has a great support system nearby however.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
West1971