CREW SRS The all inclusive parenting thread v. Exhaustion/suicidal thoughts/moments of happiness

beddachedda

life is uncertain. don't sip.
OT Supporter
Apr 8, 2006
longest drive ahead of us today (2 hours) and dude does not like his car seat. goin to carmel for my moms 70th bday weekend.

kinda wish we could have just been shut ins for the first 4 months of his life bc goddamn this is stressful

Reactions: Sp33dealer

DasVWBabe

OT's Diamond and Gemstone Tutorial Creator
OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
longest drive ahead of us today (2 hours) and dude does not like his car seat. goin to carmel for my moms 70th bday weekend.

kinda wish we could have just been shut ins for the first 4 months of his life bc goddamn this is stressful
Like I tell my daughter now, “the best way to build the confidence to do something scary is to just start, knowing that you’ll be able to see me in your peripheral vision if it’s too much.”

You’ll be ok, and after two trips, he may find that he loves the motion more than he dislikes being strapped in. I swear, we took her on multiple walks a day in her car seat strapped in and I’m certain that helped her get used to it.

digital jello

i'll be jeans soon
OT Supporter
Mar 14, 2006
Like I tell my daughter now, “the best way to build the confidence to do something scary is to just start, knowing that you’ll be able to see me in your peripheral vision if it’s too much.”

You’ll be ok, and after two trips, he may find that he loves the motion more than he dislikes being strapped in. I swear, we took her on multiple walks a day in her car seat strapped in and I’m certain that helped her get used to it.
yeah, same. my daughter didn't like the car seat either. now she does. it's just a matter of them getting used to it.

heads up my daughter barfed on her first long car ride, so pack accordingly

• Support
Reactions: DasVWBabe

8legs

8eyes
OT Supporter
Mar 16, 2008
Webbywebz
Bring way too many clothes in case of barf. If barf happens then pull over a) whenever baby makes tell-tale woozy sounds or b) every hour or so to move around and get fresh air. Our first trip had several rounds of barf on the way to but we got the system down on the way home and achieved a 0 barf run.

Sp33dealer

Bully Troll Crew
Aug 3, 2005
DFW

You’ll be good dude

We found ourselves overthinking even small trips a lot or just avoiding them all together. After doing them you realize it isn’t a big deal at all. Just make sure you got whatever you need on you. Wipes, clothes, food etc

beddachedda

OT Supporter
Apr 8, 2006
Whenever I get overwhelmed or catch myself overthinking this stuff, I tell myself that millions have done it before me with less and that makes me stop being scared lol
That argument doesn't work when millions of people are shitbirds lol

beddachedda

OT Supporter
Apr 8, 2006
a lot of it is the wife as well, she's got super anxiety about pretty much everything when i'm fine to say yes the baby might cry for 2 hours, but we gotta get it done

she won't have it :(

Ron

OT Supporter
Sep 21, 2003
a lot of it is the wife as well, she's got super anxiety about pretty much everything when i'm fine to say yes the baby might cry for 2 hours, but we gotta get it done

she won't have it :(
What car seat do you have? Also maybe try going after a feed and/or nap time?

beddachedda

OT Supporter
Apr 8, 2006
What car seat do you have? Also maybe try going after a feed and/or nap time?
nuna pipa lite, dude should be comfy damnit lol

we always go after a meal / nap, part of me thinks he might be uncomfy if he's gassy/digesting, my hope is that we just have to push through til he's sleepy since we never really give him a chance, we always load him up awake

Plato Spaghetti

OT Supporter
Feb 28, 2004
Abalama
Fuck, covid with multiple kids is a goddamn nightmare. Son tested positive near the end of July, and was required to be out 10 days from daycare. During that, daughter isn't allowed to go for quarantine reasons which of course puts her at risk and it just becomes this endless jail at home which has forced me to be 2 weeks off of work.

So painful.

Ron

OT Supporter
Sep 21, 2003
nuna pipa lite, dude should be comfy damnit lol

we always go after a meal / nap, part of me thinks he might be uncomfy if he's gassy/digesting, my hope is that we just have to push through til he's sleepy since we never really give him a chance, we always load him up awake
We would cover our dude’s seat to help him nap, it generally worked like a charm

Kids be different tho

8legs

8eyes
OT Supporter
Mar 16, 2008
Webbywebz
6 - 7 hour drive to and from Phoenix barf free like a bauce. Front facing makes all the difference in the world.

Visiting a new, unfamiliar place lead to a couple of mishaps. Kiddo had been running laps around the living room and when a chair was pulled out and sat in he didn't notice because he was staring at his feet. Boom - took the impact right on his forehead and got knocked on his ass. An hour or so later he's flopping around on the furniture and pulls a weird maneuver falling on his face and not gracefully. Took him to the er to get his neck checked because momma don't mess around with head and neck injuries. He's fine, but now he has 2 huge bruises on his face. He looks like he went a couple of rounds with a brick wall. Is this just what having a boy is gonna be like forever?

kwhitelaw

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2004
virginia
Luckily for us long drives were always cake. But man the first time we went away for the weekend was a nightmare, trying to put her down in a packnplay, taping sheets and comforters to the windows to try and get it dark in there fml

Reactions: Sp33dealer

digital jello

i'll be jeans soon
OT Supporter
Mar 14, 2006
I legit break ours down atleast twice a week to clean out, so disgusting and it shows how bad a parent I am to let so much food disappear deep down into it smh
🤣 love reading this stuff. we treat our car seat as a luxury item. It’s used once every two months

• Haha
Reactions: kwhitelaw

digital jello

i'll be jeans soon
OT Supporter
Mar 14, 2006
I cannot wait until she's graduated from those little chalky yogurt circle things, I find them everywhere and im a nazi at only giving her 2 at a time and watch them go into her mouth.. got her out of her seat earlier and found 5-6 under her ass :dunno:
Welcome to anarchy

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
West1971