CREW SRS The all inclusive parenting thread v. Exhaustion/suicidal thoughts/moments of happiness

The Grand Inquisitor

Mar 14, 2005
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Also, the current daycare is fine, but we are still considering other places that may be better.

Visited an amazing Montessori school today that has a toddler program, better than anything we’ve seen yet, including all other Montessori places. We want in.

Downside? The cost is obscene. Like fancy private college obscene. You can see why and its reflected in quality everywhere, but omg, we are going to go broke if and when she goes there, and we are probably going to try to make it happen.

Ron

OT Supporter
Sep 21, 2003
Also, the current daycare is fine, but we are still considering other places that may be better.

Visited an amazing Montessori school today that has a toddler program, better than anything we’ve seen yet, including all other Montessori places. We want in.

Downside? The cost is obscene. Like fancy private college obscene. You can see why and its reflected in quality everywhere, but omg, we are going to go broke if and when she goes there, and we are probably going to try to make it happen.
Seems very gimmicky to me, especially at that age

Hope it all works out for you tho

DasVWBabe

OT's Diamond and Gemstone Tutorial Creator
OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia

If you have a Guidepost in your area, highly recommend.

fuct.

Pax sola in morte
OT Supporter
Nov 12, 2000
Howdy Arabia

Uh, why?

DasVWBabe

OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
because we’ve convinced ourselves that there is a difference and it matters and it’s probably worth it

totally subjective, I get it
Yo, my kid can articulate the approximate distance between different galaxies and her vocabulary is shocking to most adults. She's independent as all get out despite being an only child and she has no fear of broaching any topic with practically everybody.

Yes, subjective. But 100% worth it. I didn't need that 911 anyway. :rofl:

DasVWBabe

OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
how much does Montessori tuition run? sounds expensive
Depends on which school, and we have been grandfathered since we were at the school in Frisco that Guidepost bought.

In 2016, when we moved here, full day tuition was $880 a month :eek3:. It gradually has gone up, but we're at about $1,290 a month right now. Summer Camp is about $375 a week, but we pre-paid and got a pretty significant discount that way. And the weeks we've been out for COVID they have credited us to future months of elementary.

They have financial assistance though. When I lost my job I applied for it and they discounted us to $660 a month down from $1,100. We only got to use it for about 1.5 months before the COVID shut down, but it helped. :love:

Reactions: kwhitelaw

Colleen

Apr 3, 2002
🇨🇦
Depends on which school, and we have been grandfathered since we were at the school in Frisco that Guidepost bought.

In 2016, when we moved here, full day tuition was $880 a month :eek3:. It gradually has gone up, but we're at about $1,290 a month right now. Summer Camp is about $375 a week, but we pre-paid and got a pretty significant discount that way. And the weeks we've been out for COVID they have credited us to future months of elementary.

They have financial assistance though. When I lost my job I applied for it and they discounted us to $660 a month down from $1,100. We only got to use it for about 1.5 months before the COVID shut down, but it helped. :love:
Oh man I'm so happy the youngest is out of his daycare... having an extra 1k a month is huge :0

Unfortunately we make too much right now for support but I can write it off on taxes at the end of the year:0

beddachedda

life is uncertain. don't sip.
OT Supporter
Apr 8, 2006

jesus christ i'm jealous of those numbers. bay area is absurd, like 3k a month floor :wtc:

The Grand Inquisitor

Mar 14, 2005
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

wow that’s so cheap

Sirius

Jul 11, 2007
Chicago

$880/mo for 5 full days per week?

Sirius

Jul 11, 2007
Chicago
If so, double it in Chicagoland, which is probably 1/2 of the highest in the nation

I would jump at sub $1k full day in a second for Montessori

DasVWBabe

OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
$880/mo for 5 full days per week?
Yup. It was wild. We were paying about $1,200 in a different city when we found it. I'm guessing our being grandfathered in is part of it because we have a different rate sheet than all new families.

Sp33dealer

Bully Troll Crew
Aug 3, 2005
DFW

Wow that’s not what I was expecting, that’s good

My non-Montessori is $305/week

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
West1971