CREW SRS The all inclusive parenting thread v. Exhaustion/suicidal thoughts/moments of happiness

BStork

Suck My Beak From The Back™️
OT Supporter
Apr 28, 2007

idk if that link works or not, but if not:

The documentary my wife worked on is out on Hulu today! She worked as a cinematographer on this documentary. The producers found via her work with her own business and reached out.

AFTERSHOCK

Cliffs: Following the deaths of two young women due to childbirth complications, two bereaved families galvanize activists, birth workers, and physicians to reckon with one of the most pressing American crises today: the US maternal health crisis.

• Love
Reactions: Jinx and DasVWBabe

kwhitelaw

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2004
virginia
emo over here, miss the baby and the roommate but they wont be home until august. she wants to come home early, this weekend, but doesn't know I've gutted 2 bedrooms upstairs to get all new carpet put in. its chaos here, my back hurts, we have too much shit, and if she gets on her horse and comes home I either need to drop the surprise or deal with it when she gets here :eek3d:

DasVWBabe

OT's Diamond and Gemstone Tutorial Creator
OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
Kiddo is struggling with the idea of moving, but she was going to have to change schools after 2nd grade (next year) anyway. :hs:

Parenting is hard, but I think being closer to family will be a huge benefit. Sister's out of here sometime this summer, so no family left here. :(

Ron

OT Supporter
Sep 21, 2003
Kiddo is struggling with the idea of moving, but she was going to have to change schools after 2nd grade (next year) anyway. :hs:

Parenting is hard, but I think being closer to family will be a huge benefit. Sister's out of here sometime this summer, so no family left here. :(
I moved a lot as a kid

You get used to it but recognize that it’s traumatic to them

BStork

OT Supporter
Apr 28, 2007

Where y’all headed? Good luck! My kids aren’t stoked out is maybe selling our house, either.

Reactions: DasVWBabe

DasVWBabe

OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
Where y’all headed? Good luck! My kids aren’t stoked out is maybe selling our house, either.
Reno or Carson City. Closer to my parents who are in Reno. We were going to fly out in September, but my parents may be canceling their planned trip here in August, so we may move it up. We were planning an entire year here and then a move at the end of May 2023, but we found a house that could be ready in January. Dealing with leaving here sucks. I'm so pissed I have to leave this house. :(

BStork

OT Supporter
Apr 28, 2007
Reno or Carson City. Closer to my parents who are in Reno. We were going to fly out in September, but my parents may be canceling their planned trip here in August, so we may move it up. We were planning an entire year here and then a move at the end of May 2023, but we found a house that could be ready in January. Dealing with leaving here sucks. I'm so pissed I have to leave this house. :(

Sorry you are having to leave. Hope it goes easier soon.

• Support

Ron

OT Supporter
Sep 21, 2003
Reno seems like a good place to raise kids

Not my weather but coming from TX will probably be not bad

Good luck!

DasVWBabe

OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
Reno seems like a good place to raise kids

Not my weather but coming from TX will probably be not bad

Good luck!
The reports of their school districts lagging are purely because of per pupil spend.

My Kindergarten teacher is on the state senate. In 2019, NV became the first state legislature with more than 50% of women holding seats.

the_antsy_honda

Sir, I protest...
Dec 17, 2001
California

My kids moved to a different city around that age, changed schools and everything.

They make friends fast.

• Support

Jinx

OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2005
Indianapolis, Indiana
my kid finally asked if she could play roblox since her cousin from poland plays :o is there anything i need to know? she's already proven that she's really good at telling trolls to get lost, and she thinks it's funny to tell me about all of her adventures (and misadventures). we already talked about chores=robux and how it's not an expected thing.

what am i missing? :o

DasVWBabe

OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
my kid finally asked if she could play roblox since her cousin from poland plays :o is there anything i need to know? she's already proven that she's really good at telling trolls to get lost, and she thinks it's funny to tell me about all of her adventures (and misadventures). we already talked about chores=robux and how it's not an expected thing.

The internet chat is something I'm not wanting to deal with. I don't like the idea of the "purchase" aspect of it, either.

Kiddo plays Minecraft on Creative mode on our own server so only people with access can chat with her.

the_antsy_honda

Sir, I protest...
Dec 17, 2001
California

Robolox is a cesspool of weirdos and pedophiles so be aware of that. I would say its fine as long as they only play with their IRL friends but invariably they'll network with their friend's friends who you have no idea who they are.

I ended up blocking the entire damned thing at the router

Jinx

OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2005
Indianapolis, Indiana
The internet chat is something I'm not wanting to deal with. I don't like the idea of the "purchase" aspect of it, either.

Kiddo plays Minecraft on Creative mode on our own server so only people with access can chat with her.
she's been playing minecraft for a while, but she doesn't have many folks to play with :hs: i was iffy about roblox for a long time, but i caved when she and her cousin asked if she could play. i told her that she should let me know if anyone starts being a bully or mean or anything to her, and she completely agreed, saying that i was better at handling trolls than her :rofl: i also told her to tell me if anyone started getting weird and sexual, and she was like, "well, that's when i tell them i'm ace and to heck off" :rofl:

• Haha
Reactions: kwhitelaw

DasVWBabe

OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
But, @Jinx - with as many articles as I can find on this, I would stay away.

DasVWBabe

OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
she's been playing minecraft for a while, but she doesn't have many folks to play with :hs: i was iffy about roblox for a long time, but i caved when she and her cousin asked if she could play. i told her that she should let me know if anyone starts being a bully or mean or anything to her, and she completely agreed, saying that i was better at handling trolls than her :rofl: i also told her to tell me if anyone started getting weird and sexual, and she was like, "well, that's when i tell them i'm ace and to heck off" :rofl:
I would sit there with her if she's already been on and exposed to it. I'm a hard no on anything that directly involves engaging with strangers. The only people on our Minecraft server are people in our family and closest friends.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
West1971