CREW SRS The all inclusive parenting thread v. Exhaustion/suicidal thoughts/moments of happiness

shreddedchicken

OT Supporter
Mar 31, 2016
expecting 2nd baby in few months. Wife asking to replace our 2yrs old Graco Nest all in one travel blah blah system stroller to a Uppababy Vista or Cruz. The Graco works fine, just bulky. Should I spend the $1000 to ‘upgrade’?

The Grand Inquisitor

Mar 14, 2005
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
expecting 2nd baby in few months. Wife asking to replace our 2yrs old Graco Nest all in one travel blah blah system stroller to a Uppababy Vista or Cruz. The Graco works fine, just bulky. Should I spend the $1000 to ‘upgrade’?

i mean we love our Vista 2.0, but if Graco works… Although I have zero experience with anything other than our Vista. We did go from one Uppababy infant seat to two Graco DLX seats (one for each car) and didn’t notice any decline in quality.

How old is the first? Vista can actually handle two kids, but not the Cruz.

Reactions: Simple

shreddedchicken

OT Supporter
Mar 31, 2016
i mean we love our Vista 2.0, but if Graco works… Although I have zero experience with anything other than our Vista. We did go from one Uppababy infant seat to two Graco DLX seats (one for each car) and didn’t notice any decline in quality.

How old is the first? Vista can actually handle two kids, but not the Cruz.

I thought the Graco seats are not compatible with the Vista/Cruz. How would you mount those onto the Vista stroller?

Will be 2yrs once next baby is here. I m hopeful first one won’t need to be in a stroller and I can just get the add on skateboard thing for the Cruz. Or will this not work for a 2yr old?

Simple

Sexy Beatch
Nov 29, 2001
Edmonton, Alberta
It’s a nice stroller but I wouldn’t upgrade unless there’s issues with the existing one. In Toronto the only strollers I saw were uppababy and nyc were uppababy or this other fancy travel one. Blew my mind how cornered the market on strollers were

MMJ4mil

Running Crew
OT Supporter
Nov 19, 2007
San Diego
We use the uppababy vista for two and the skate board on back for boy 3. Heavy af

I did buy a Disney sizde approved double stroller for $50 on offerup. Worth it for theme park and zoo

The Grand Inquisitor

Mar 14, 2005
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I thought the Graco seats are not compatible with the Vista/Cruz. How would you mount those onto the Vista stroller?

Will be 2yrs once next baby is here. I m hopeful first one won’t need to be in a stroller and I can just get the add on skateboard thing for the Cruz. Or will this not work for a 2yr old?

Graco seats just for the cars. We only used Uppababy infant seat with the stroller frame like twice. The seat part from Vista is small enough so we can always throw it in.

Ours is two now, and I wouldn’t depend on skateboard only, would still want an option for a seat. So if you’re gonna upgrade, Vista may be worth a couple hundred over the Cruz.

DasVWBabe

OT's Diamond and Gemstone Tutorial Creator
OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia

idk if that link works or not, but if not:

The documentary my wife worked on is out on Hulu today! She worked as a cinematographer on this documentary. The producers found via her work with her own business and reached out.

AFTERSHOCK

Cliffs: Following the deaths of two young women due to childbirth complications, two bereaved families galvanize activists, birth workers, and physicians to reckon with one of the most pressing American crises today: the US maternal health crisis.
Truth be told, the first time I watched this documentary, I was distracted. Thank you for bringing attention to it when it won @ Sundance. I knew then why, but frankly I skipped through some parts to get to the part that was meaningful to us personally.

I just wanted to reiterate how amazing this documentary is. Your wife is beyond strong - not sure how she did it during that scene but I could barely see through my tears when she said "thank you". This movie is something every person ought to sit down and just . . . watch. It hurts and it's hopeful and it's tragic and it's beautifully gut-wrenching.

• Support
Reactions: BStork

BStork

Suck My Beak From The Back™️
OT Supporter
Apr 28, 2007
Truth be told, the first time I watched this documentary, I was distracted. Thank you for bringing attention to it when it won @ Sundance. I knew then why, but frankly I skipped through some parts to get to the part that was meaningful to us personally.

I just wanted to reiterate how amazing this documentary is. Your wife is beyond strong - not sure how she did it during that scene but I could barely see through my tears when she said "thank you". This movie is something every person ought to sit down and just . . . watch. It hurts and it's hopeful and it's tragic and it's beautifully gut-wrenching.

Thanks for watching it! Thanks for the kind words!

shreddedchicken

OT Supporter
Mar 31, 2016
It’s a nice stroller but I wouldn’t upgrade unless there’s issues with the existing one. In Toronto the only strollers I saw were uppababy and nyc were uppababy or this other fancy travel one. Blew my mind how cornered the market on strollers were

The existing Graco we have, works fine, but bulky and heavy as fuk. But when I compare it the specs on the vista and cruz, it’s only a few lbs difference. But they seem to be not as wide as my Graco. So I don’t know, $1000+ to save a few inches in width :dunno:

I am in CA, so if you don’t drive a Tesla and use a Uppababy, you are consider poverty

Ron

OT Supporter
Sep 21, 2003
The existing Graco we have, works fine, but bulky and heavy as fuk. But when I compare it the specs on the vista and cruz, it’s only a few lbs difference. But they seem to be not as wide as my Graco. So I don’t know, $1000+ to save a few inches in width :dunno:

I am in CA, so if you don’t drive a Tesla and use a Uppababy, you are consider poverty
We had a Chico keyfit when our kid was infant to 6-9 months, then we switched to our mocking bird stroller and britax car seat

Would not recommend britax

Mocking bird also worked with the Chico so it was pretty solid all around for $400

Ron

OT Supporter
Sep 21, 2003
Long way of saying, I would not spend the money on uppababy because it’s just a brand name that’s insanely trendy right now

Reactions: Simple

deadbeef

OT Supporter
Sep 5, 2020
price is currently pretty comparable, and i've heard some pretty bad stories of daycares being shut down for days or weeks with covid - we still have a daycare spot lined up but with the amount we'll be able to WFH and be there it's really attractive. we'll be able to trial the nannyshare for a few months before our daycare spot gets taken, so at least we have a backup if we end up not liking it

sharing space is a plus for us since we'll be able to be close all the time
The stories you've heard might be old. Ours has changed policy and only requires kids test to return if they were exposed at daycare.

Last edited:

shreddedchicken

OT Supporter
Mar 31, 2016
We had a Chico keyfit when our kid was infant to 6-9 months, then we switched to our mocking bird stroller and britax car seat

Would not recommend britax

Mocking bird also worked with the Chico so it was pretty solid all around for $400
Why switch to so many different brands?

s2k

OT Supporter
Oct 8, 2002
corn field, iowa
1 month today

IMG_2105.jpeg

8legs

8eyes
OT Supporter
Mar 16, 2008
Webbywebz
Some fkers went around knocking on doors in the middle of the night. Not subtly, they banged loud 5 or so times. It got my adrenaline up. Called it in and apparently they hit a few people and took off in a car. Could be dumb kids but could also be a crew looking for an opportunity. Either way, this isn't going to help me sleep soundly tonight. I have hella nightmares and since becoming a parent there's a big focus on that role in the themes. 98% are absolutely gutting. The 2% there is me waking up before it got to maximum shit.

Anyway. Kiddo is awesome. He's learning how to nail all the quizzes on his learning toys. I'm proud of him, but I need to find him more stuff at a higher but still accessible level for a 2.5 year old. I got him some toy that is like a handheld video game with different types of buttons - I think he's finally ready to make the most of it, but the battery won't hold charge. It seems like something that could be fixed but I'm not sure. Anyone ever hear of Leapfrog Twist?

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
West1971