CREW SRS The all inclusive parenting thread v. Exhaustion/suicidal thoughts/moments of happiness

shreddedchicken

OT Supporter
Mar 31, 2016
Is it bad to transition a toddler from a crib to a twins size bed? Or Is it really necessary to have a ‘children/kids’ bed?

shreddedchicken

OT Supporter
Mar 31, 2016
It’s completely fine imho. Our oldest went from crib to full size :dunno:
How did you prevent/stop from falling off or jumping off the full size bed. My 18mos tends to stand up as soon as she wakes up in the crib. I m afraid she does this on a regular size bed

BStork

Suck My Beak From The Back™️
OT Supporter
Apr 28, 2007
How did you prevent/stop from falling off or jumping off the full size bed. My 18mos tends to stand up as soon as she wakes up in the crib. I m afraid she does this on a regular size bed

We got these rail things. She was really good though. She’d stay in bed and yell “I’m awaaaaaaake” but wouldn’t get up.

DasVWBabe

OT's Diamond and Gemstone Tutorial Creator
OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
You could always try a floor mattress for a while.

We transitioned the crib to a "toddler bed" but when we were potty training we moved to a full size bed. Never had a roll out situation.

Legend Zero

OT Supporter
Jan 14, 2005
Doing sleep training and this has been such a godsend compared to the regular amount of time it took to put him to bed. We still have another 7 days to go but wondering how to do this for naps too.

digital jello

i'll be jeans soon
OT Supporter
Mar 14, 2006
Doing sleep training and this has been such a godsend compared to the regular amount of time it took to put him to bed. We still have another 7 days to go but wondering how to do this for naps too.
It saved our sanity and we are lucky it stuck. Ours has been an excellent sleeper

Sp33dealer

Bully Troll Crew
Aug 3, 2005
DFW
I think we have a conversion kit for our crib in the garage. Probably a few months out from that, currently at 19 months but she’s extremely tall and getting good at climbing :o

digital jello

i'll be jeans soon
OT Supporter
Mar 14, 2006
Probably going to convert her bed in the next month or so. Never climbs but is fully potty trained (goes by herself, uses the stool and puts her kiddy seat on the toilet and wipes herself)

Reactions: Thumpin'Ram

Thumpin'Ram

I'll level with you. These bags weren't designed f
Jul 15, 2001
Goodbye mailbox
Probably going to convert her bed in the next month or so. Never climbs but is fully potty trained (goes by herself, uses the stool and puts her kiddy seat on the toilet and wipes herself)
Luckily mine is big enough to not need a stool or kiddy seat. He still doesn't wipe himself, but I honestly haven't been teaching him either

kwhitelaw

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2004
virginia
Update: ninjamas were a failure, woke up to another blowout but poor girl absolutely loves baths so she got a morning one. Tried a different nighttime diaper tonight, sized up, and lined the front with a couple women pads.. slept for about an hour and was screaming for some reason, went in changed her and she ended up with a "full" diaper. Changed and now 3 hours in and she's been asleep so we'll see in the morning ugh

Growing pains of course and could be worse so I'll take it, just hate her waking up in the morning soaked outside of her diaper :/

• Support
Reactions: Simple

kwhitelaw

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2004
virginia
She's also figured out the "double move" lock on one of our gates today. Looked me in my eye, as I told her "no no no", pulled the latch back and lifted the release with her other hand.. time to Fort Knox the place up. Neighbor across the street had their littlest get out the front door and start wandering around a couple weeks ago lol. Will not allow that to happen jah willing

• Haha
Reactions: Simple

crotch

😑
Oct 12, 2001
Nashville, TN
Update: ninjamas were a failure, woke up to another blowout but poor girl absolutely loves baths so she got a morning one. Tried a different nighttime diaper tonight, sized up, and lined the front with a couple women pads.. slept for about an hour and was screaming for some reason, went in changed her and she ended up with a "full" diaper. Changed and now 3 hours in and she's been asleep so we'll see in the morning ugh

Growing pains of course and could be worse so I'll take it, just hate her waking up in the morning soaked outside of her diaper :/
bruh ur kid fucken PISSEN

GlassUser

Flavors Matter
OT Supporter
Oct 26, 2003
Pearland, Texas
Ours is 3 and never climbed :rofl: she’s still in the crib. I’m gonna keep that going as long as I can
I want to know how you managed that miracle. My younger one didn't have a clue about climbing until he was almost two. Then one day he went from sitting there crying to climbing out to get a book or a blanket and climbing back in.

beddachedda

life is uncertain. don't sip.
OT Supporter
Apr 8, 2006
snoo weaning goin

first night woke up 4 hours apart

last night did 3.5 then 5 hours

hoping he starts stretching a bit longer, was doing 7-8 with the rocking (but never liked more than baseline)

Reactions: Simple and crotch

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
West1971