CREW SRS The all inclusive parenting thread v. Exhaustion/suicidal thoughts/moments of happiness

Faithless

щ(゚Д゚щ)
Feb 11, 2001
Houston, TX
I want to know how you managed that miracle. My younger one didn't have a clue about climbing until he was almost two. Then one day he went from sitting there crying to climbing out to get a book or a blanket and climbing back in.
I wish mine would climb out of her toddler bed. Nothing is holding her in, she's almost 4. She's just such a rule follower that she will sit there and wait for us to wake up. I hear her talking to herself and playing in her bed and it's super cute, but the stupid drawback is that she yells I NEED TO GO POTTY when she needs to go, but won't get out of her bed because she thinks she is supposed to stay there until I get her.

Reactions: digital jello

Faithless

щ(゚Д゚щ)
Feb 11, 2001
Houston, TX
Update: ninjamas were a failure, woke up to another blowout but poor girl absolutely loves baths so she got a morning one. Tried a different nighttime diaper tonight, sized up, and lined the front with a couple women pads.. slept for about an hour and was screaming for some reason, went in changed her and she ended up with a "full" diaper. Changed and now 3 hours in and she's been asleep so we'll see in the morning ugh

Growing pains of course and could be worse so I'll take it, just hate her waking up in the morning soaked outside of her diaper :/
Have you considered a folded curtain?

Remy Bressant

40 big girls and a bottle
OT Supporter
Jul 24, 2015
SoCal
youngest woke up this AM with a throat so dry and horse she was having trouble breathing normally.
straight to the ER. Doctors took covid and influenza tests and both were negative. lungs are totally clear.
sounds just like Croup but apparently isnt Croup :dunno: slight fever.
we were at the water park all day yesterday and she went full speed the whole day, wore herself out. thinking it may be something to do with that.

• Support
Reactions: 8legs and DasVWBabe

GlassUser

Flavors Matter
OT Supporter
Oct 26, 2003
Pearland, Texas
I wish mine would climb out of her toddler bed. Nothing is holding her in, she's almost 4. She's just such a rule follower that she will sit there and wait for us to wake up. I hear her talking to herself and playing in her bed and it's super cute, but the stupid drawback is that she yells I NEED TO GO POTTY when she needs to go, but won't get out of her bed because she thinks she is supposed to stay there until I get her.
My older one is the same age. She is happy to get out of bed on her own. For better or worse. I'm not sure which way I'd prefer it to go. But she does the super cute yelling I need to go potty if she can't get a door open or is stuck in a car seat or something.

Reactions: Faithless

Faithless

щ(゚Д゚щ)
Feb 11, 2001
Houston, TX
youngest woke up this AM with a throat so dry and horse she was having trouble breathing normally.
straight to the ER. Doctors took covid and influenza tests and both were negative. lungs are totally clear.
we were at the water park all day yesterday and she went full speed the whole day, wore herself out. thinking it may be something to do with that.
Sounds like any number of possible viral infections

beddachedda

life is uncertain. don't sip.
OT Supporter
Apr 8, 2006
It's going to be tuff to get a FULL night sleep until he doubles his birth weight.

American Academy of Pediatrics still recommends baby sleeping in the same room as parents until 6 months for safety
yeah, that doesn't work for us

we have a video monitor on him at all times and he's just in one room over

he was doing 7-8 hours with the snoo on, so imo he just needs to get used to it not rocking

Reactions: kwhitelaw

crotch

😑
Oct 12, 2001
Nashville, TN
did this exact thing like 3 months ago. struggling to breathe. had no signs or symptoms before laying him down for bed woke up an hour later sounded like a car horn. we figured croup but seeing him struggling to get air in scared the shit out of us. they did breathing treatments and admin steroids at the ER and sent us home with oral steroids. mad scary

• Wow
Reactions: 8legs

digital jello

i'll be jeans soon
OT Supporter
Mar 14, 2006
This 💯

Remy Bressant

OT Supporter
Jul 24, 2015
SoCal
did this exact thing like 3 months ago. struggling to breathe. had no signs or symptoms before laying him down for bed woke up an hour later sounded like a car horn. we figured croup but seeing him struggling to get air in scared the shit out of us. they did breathing treatments and admin steroids at the ER and sent us home with oral steroids. mad scary
330 AM and shes kneeling on the top bunk in her bedroom holding her throat saying she cant breath and making an absolutely horrifying sound. spooky as hell.

• Support
Reactions: crotch

Faithless

щ(゚Д゚щ)
Feb 11, 2001
Houston, TX
yeah, that doesn't work for us

we have a video monitor on him at all times and he's just in one room over

he was doing 7-8 hours with the snoo on, so imo he just needs to get used to it not rocking

Only takes 3 nights for a transition to take if you stick with it. He's pretty young for cry-it-out though.

Faithless

щ(゚Д゚щ)
Feb 11, 2001
Houston, TX
ER docs said it wasnt serious enough to keep her there. keep her full of tylenol and watch the fever. she still sounds super hoarse but is acting normal and energetic

These kinds of things are SO frustrating. It feels like there is nothing you can really do except wait it out. I hate hate hate viral infections. You don't get medicine or relief unless it's REALLY bad.

Remy Bressant

OT Supporter
Jul 24, 2015
SoCal
These kinds of things are SO frustrating. It feels like there is nothing you can really do except wait it out. I hate hate hate viral infections. You don't get medicine or relief unless it's REALLY bad.
she got a cold like two weeks after we brought her home from the hospital. hearing her coughing and wheezing at night as a newborn was about the most helpless i ever felt in my life.

Reactions: Faithless

fuct.

Pax sola in morte
OT Supporter
Nov 12, 2000
Howdy Arabia
Kaylee has started sleeping through most of the night. I'm deathly afraid of regression now, but it's nice to not have gotten up at 1am and 4am for the past week or so.

we've been able to give her a bottle at 10pm, and she will stay asleep until 5-6am.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
West1971