CREW SRS The all inclusive parenting thread v. Exhaustion/suicidal thoughts/moments of happiness

DasVWBabe

OT's Diamond and Gemstone Tutorial Creator
OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
Are there any cliffs for the first 4 months in this thread? :hsd:
Someday you'll look back on these days wondering where the time has gone.
If they want to touch you, nap on you, sleep on you, let them.
You're their comfortable place and the more physical contact you have, the deeper that connection will remain.
It's really hard. Vent, commiserate here. I can't believe we made it through sometimes, but you will, and you will be amazing.
Your little human is your greatest adventure. Love like this is inexplicable.

Tiny Dancer

OT Supporter
May 6, 2016
Yeah...just wait until they grow into the potential to do serious damage to themselves and others.

Babies are time consuming, but not hard. They are simple creatures.
This initial adjustment of "omg it's a baby human and I have to take care of everything" is a shock for anyone.

kwhitelaw

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2004
virginia
Someday you'll look back on these days wondering where the time has gone.
If they want to touch you, nap on you, sleep on you, let them.
You're their comfortable place and the more physical contact you have, the deeper that connection will remain.
It's really hard. Vent, commiserate here. I can't believe we made it through sometimes, but you will, and you will be amazing.
Your little human is your greatest adventure. Love like this is inexplicable.

All of this. Life comes at you fast, my best man at my wedding had an amazing speech that I had no clue about, bringing up a trip we took with a bunch of Croatians in New Orleans randomly where I stated to a palm reader I wouldn't ever be married and definitely never with a baby.. and here and I am. Shit is crazy but I love it all

I've had a touch too much cause the better half out the little one down tonight so disregard.

Reactions: DasVWBabe

jared_IRL

OT Supporter
Feb 12, 2006
Went to my son's first grade back to school night last night...

All the desks are set up in pairs, meaning each kid has a partner who they sit next to. Odd number of kids in class, somehow my kid ends up sitting in the back of the room with a giant stuffed panda bear next to him. :bowrofl:
:shrug:

In fairness tho, the kid is probably going to end up distracting the damn stuffed animal too, so I get it.

At the end, there's a board with all of the kids photos. 99% of the kids are just standing there, with happy polite smiles. Then there's Thomas...

IMG-4988.jpg

I'm dying laughing at that face. Doing a solid job of parenting over here folks!

Remy Bressant

40 big girls and a bottle
OT Supporter
Jul 24, 2015
SoCal
Are there any cliffs for the first 4 months in this thread? :hsd:
Enjoy it, this is the easiest part and they are only like this very briefly.
Before you know it they’ll be walking and talking and having opinions of their own.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman