CREW SRS The all inclusive parenting thread v. Exhaustion/suicidal thoughts/moments of happiness

SkiMax

Dec 11, 2004
Chicago
Had a nice Sunday in the backyard yesterday. Snapped some candids and those iPhone 14 camera is pretty pretty good!

6JIEZ3M.jpg

5BJzZXC.jpg

FWrZZ6T.jpg

8legs

8eyes
OT Supporter
Mar 16, 2008
Webbywebz
Have you hired a sleep trainer?
He was trained just fine, but discovered that I will be attentive when he yells.... Which isn't really going to change unless we outfit him with a soundproof room so his dad doesn't get disturbed (Epilepsy aggravated by sleep disturbance). Obv soundproof room is not ok.

Colleen

Apr 3, 2002
🇨🇦
sooo...any birthday gift ideas for wife who is due any day now and her bday is this week? The usual clothes, jewelry, purse ideas doesn't seem to hit the same with her right now, she just wants this baby safe and out of her :rofl:
Get her a spa day.. hands feet .. body massage..

Colleen

Apr 3, 2002
🇨🇦
He was trained just fine, but discovered that I will be attentive when he yells.... Which isn't really going to change unless we outfit him with a soundproof room so his dad doesn't get disturbed (Epilepsy aggravated by sleep disturbance). Obv soundproof room is not ok.
If he has clued into that then might be best to give your partner ear plug and let the kid scream it out a few nights till he realizes you won't come running.

Reactions: 8legs

Ron

OT Supporter
Sep 21, 2003
Bahhh, that sounds tough…sorry you’re going through that

Possible to have dad go to a hotel/family/friend for a few nights so you don’t have to worry about being quiet and can break the habit?

Reactions: 8legs

8legs

8eyes
OT Supporter
Mar 16, 2008
Webbywebz
If he has clued into that then might be best to give your partner ear plug and let the kid scream it out a few nights till he realizes you won't come running.

That would be a rational thing to do... But muh dude can't stand stuff like that and even if he tries (we've tried) he removes it in his sleep.

Bahhh, that sounds tough…sorry you’re going through that

Possible to have dad go to a hotel/family/friend for a few nights so you don’t have to worry about being quiet and can break the habit?

That, too, is a rational solution, but when the seizures strike his heart rate skyrockets and it feels like anxiety. Anxiety makes more seizures, so being alone or in a strange place doesn't help. Then, he has no awareness of the seizure(s) to gage whether or not he should wait or avoid driving that day.

• Support
Reactions: Ron and Colleen

BStork

Suck My Beak From The Back™️
OT Supporter
Apr 28, 2007
Bluey has led us to the promised land.

Last night, the youngest says that she wants to "sleep in her own big bed like Bluey".

She said she I could give her cuddles then go down stairs and she'd stay in her bed all night.

And she did just that. She chose to sleep upstairs by herself.

I was a little torn up about it, ngl. She's been in our room since we brought her home. She's 4 now.

But I stopped being torn up about it when I clapped my wife's cheeks with reckless abandon in celebration of our newly reclaimed privacy. :rofl:

Tiny Dancer

OT Supporter
May 6, 2016
Bluey has led us to the promised land.

Last night, the youngest says that she wants to "sleep in her own big bed like Bluey".

She said she I could give her cuddles then go down stairs and she'd stay in her bed all night.

And she did just that. She chose to sleep upstairs by herself.

I was a little torn up about it, ngl. She's been in our room since we brought her home. She's 4 now.

But I stopped being torn up about it when I clapped my wife's cheeks with reckless abandon in celebration of our newly reclaimed privacy. :rofl:
Congratulations on the sex!

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman