CREW SRS The all inclusive parenting thread v. Exhaustion/suicidal thoughts/moments of happiness

crotch

😑
Oct 12, 2001
Nashville, TN
I did the first night beside me in his bassinet and then into his crib so my husband could sleep lol
i mean we had some anxieties about oh lawds what if we don’t hear the monitor and shit like that.

took about a week of just going through the motions before we could sleep and trust the monitor but totally worth it

Reactions: Colleen

BStork

Suck My Beak From The Back™️
OT Supporter
Apr 28, 2007
Yah we have a lock on our bedroom door, our kids also know to knock before they come in lol.

I don't know how parents do it when kids stay in their bed that long. :hs:

She has a whole entire room upstairs with a big bed, etc.

We'd just go up there after she went to bed.

Reactions: Colleen

Colleen

Apr 3, 2002
🇨🇦
She has a whole entire room upstairs with a big bed, etc.

We'd just go up there after she went to bed.
Eh no judgements... I just know I couldn't do that. Our kids will come in scared every few weeks it seems but other than that they're in their beds.

Legend Zero

OT Supporter
Jan 14, 2005
this is tough. i'm having to turn down a job offer that pays 23% more (big bump for my family) in lieu of my kiddo. obviously im going to choose my son's best interests every time but it kind of sucks as this is the first big moment where this is happening. just a tough pill to swallow but i'd rather stick with what i know and get to spend time with him.

DasVWBabe

OT's Diamond and Gemstone Tutorial Creator
OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
this is tough. i'm having to turn down a job offer that pays 23% more (big bump for my family) in lieu of my kiddo. obviously im going to choose my son's best interests every time but it kind of sucks as this is the first big moment where this is happening. just a tough pill to swallow but i'd rather stick with what i know and get to spend time with him.
You will be so happy you did. I'm proud of you and I know it's so hard to do, but overall it's 100% worth it.

I chased money with the promised of a huge OTE and it ended up landing about 25% less than I had expected PLUS I got involved with the most toxic of C-suites and increased travel to weeks rather than days.

Money doesn't replace time. It never will.

the_antsy_honda

Sir, I protest...
Dec 17, 2001
California
any time of day or night? stay the fuck outta mommy and daddy's room.
our kids arent allowed in our room unless invited or its an emergency.
I keep anything dangerous in there locked up, so during the day the room itself is open. but at nighttime when i'm in there i'm takin my pants off and you best leave

Remy Bressant

40 big girls and a bottle
OT Supporter
Jul 24, 2015
SoCal
I keep anything dangerous in there locked up, so during the day the room itself is open. but at nighttime when i'm in there i'm takin my pants off and you best leave
we just need a place to get the fuck away from 3 loud kids who are constantly trying to touch/interact/shout at you. they are at an age where normal speaking volume is fucking full blast for some reason :rofl:

• Haha
Reactions: the_antsy_honda

the_antsy_honda

Sir, I protest...
Dec 17, 2001
California
we just need a place to get the fuck away from 3 loud kids who are constantly trying to touch/interact/shout at you. they are at an age where normal speaking volume is fucking full blast for some reason :rofl:
mine went thru that. they kind of just do their own thing nowadays. the door does have a lock tho, so anytime in the day can be "gtfo" time.

often i retreat there when there's too many people at my house. wife, you handle the guests. i'm out

• Clown
Reactions: Tiny Dancer

Legend Zero

OT Supporter
Jan 14, 2005
You will be so happy you did. I'm proud of you and I know it's so hard to do, but overall it's 100% worth it.

I chased money with the promised of a huge OTE and it ended up landing about 25% less than I had expected PLUS I got involved with the most toxic of C-suites and increased travel to weeks rather than days.

Money doesn't replace time. It never will.

that's exactly it! my wife and i talked about it and this is a really small company (~15 people) and i've worked for a company like this before. It all depended on how the owner was feeling that day and it's too big of a gamble to take given i never have to travel right now, i do have night and weekend work every 2-3 weeks but it's on my own time so i can do it when the kiddo goes to sleep vs everyone log on at 10am on saturday (which i've had before), etc. Plus being a smaller company in the context of recessions, etc., it's just more unstable.

thanks for sharing your experience - makes me feel like i am making the right call even if its a hard one to turn down.

DasVWBabe

OT's Diamond and Gemstone Tutorial Creator
OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
that's exactly it! my wife and i talked about it and this is a really small company (~15 people) and i've worked for a company like this before. It all depended on how the owner was feeling that day and it's too big of a gamble to take given i never have to travel right now, i do have night and weekend work every 2-3 weeks but it's on my own time so i can do it when the kiddo goes to sleep vs everyone log on at 10am on saturday (which i've had before), etc. Plus being a smaller company in the context of recessions, etc., it's just more unstable.

thanks for sharing your experience - makes me feel like i am making the right call even if its a hard one to turn down.
You are definitely making the right call. That was 2 years of my life when kiddo was 2-4 that I can't get back. The right thing will come to you when you need it to, but given the size of that company, this 100% ain't it. ;)

Jinx

forever sugarplum
Sep 25, 2005
Indianapolis, Indiana
mine went thru that. they kind of just do their own thing nowadays. the door does have a lock tho, so anytime in the day can be "gtfo" time.

often i retreat there when there's too many people at my house. wife, you handle the guests. i'm out
our bedroom is right off our kitchen, which is one of the places people congregate when we have parties :rofl: so my husband will try and retreat to our bedroom only to get followed by a gaggle of people :rofl:

• Haha

the_antsy_honda

Sir, I protest...
Dec 17, 2001
California
our bedroom is right off our kitchen, which is one of the places people congregate when we have parties :rofl: so my husband will try and retreat to our bedroom only to get followed by a gaggle of people :rofl:
2 story house (sometimes) ftw

downstairs is just living room, dining room, kitchen, den, half bath

upstairs is just bathroom, kids rooms, our master bed/bath

when company is over upstairs is just off limits. you guys hang out down here I'll be in my treehouse

Joshuaua

OT Supporter
Oct 28, 2003
Land of wine and fires
I feel really guilty for getting super fucking frustrated but when she’s literally hysterically crying for 75% of the time that she’s awake I really don’t have much bandwidth.

Keeping our 4 y/o boy entertained on top of it all doesn’t help either.

• Support

beddachedda

life is uncertain. don't sip.
OT Supporter
Apr 8, 2006
I feel really guilty for getting super fucking frustrated but when she’s literally hysterically crying for 75% of the time that she’s awake I really don’t have much bandwidth.

goddamn dude :hug: best of luck

Reactions: Joshuaua

crotch

😑
Oct 12, 2001
Nashville, TN

i’m gathering you’ve done the usual anti colic bottles, and those drops?

Reactions: Joshuaua

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman