CREW SRS The all inclusive parenting thread v. Exhaustion/suicidal thoughts/moments of happiness

Joshuaua

OT Supporter
Oct 28, 2003
Land of wine and fires
i’m gathering you’ve done the usual anti colic bottles, and those drops?
Yuppers. We have been using gripe water and have used the probiotic stuff like twice that we add to the anti-colic bottle but she hasn’t taken to bottle feeding that well just yet.

The body carrier/holder seems to work the best but isn’t the easiest.

• Support
Reactions: crotch

crotch

😑
Oct 12, 2001
Nashville, TN
Yuppers. We have been using gripe water and have used the probiotic stuff like twice that we add to the anti-colic bottle but she hasn’t taken to bottle feeding that well just yet.

have u tried threatening it

{hydro}

OT Supporter
Aug 1, 2005
Upstate CA

We just went through a couple months of this and I was going insane. Just like you said, ours was crying pretty much anytime she wasn't eating or sleeping. Got better right at the 4mo mark.

• Support
Reactions: Joshuaua

lescivic

OT Supporter
Oct 13, 2003
Space Coast FL
I think this is progress. Little guy is finishing up his 5th week. 2-4 were pretty rough. Thought it was colic but think he might just be really gassy. Started doing mylicon gas drops and probiotics with anti-colic bottles and it’s seemed to help a lot but poor dude gets gassy at night. Tosses and turns a lot and constantly bringing his feet to his chest. Tonight, just now, he woke up screaming after tossing for awhile. I’ve been doing tummy rubs and trying bicycle kicks but hasn’t helped much. I brought both his feet up close together to his stomach tonight and he let out a big toot. Tried again and after a few times he let it rip again. Told him to push when I brought his feet up and he seemed to eventually understand or just a natural reaction but he tooted again. Did it probably 10 or so more times. We caused enough commotion that we woke his mother and I excitedly showed her. Laid him back down 30 minutes ago and he’s been peacefully sleeping without any tossing. Feel bad I didn’t figure this out with him till now but I guess we’re making progress.

Reactions: 8legs and Simple

crotch

😑
Oct 12, 2001
Nashville, TN
I think this is progress. Little guy is finishing up his 5th week. 2-4 were pretty rough. Thought it was colic but think he might just be really gassy. Started doing mylicon gas drops and probiotics with anti-colic bottles and it’s seemed to help a lot but poor dude gets gassy at night. Tosses and turns a lot and constantly bringing his feet to his chest. Tonight, just now, he woke up screaming after tossing for awhile. I’ve been doing tummy rubs and trying bicycle kicks but hasn’t helped much. I brought both his feet up close together to his stomach tonight and he let out a big toot. Tried again and after a few times he let it rip again. Told him to push when I brought his feet up and he seemed to eventually understand or just a natural reaction but he tooted again. Did it probably 10 or so more times. We caused enough commotion that we woke his mother and I excitedly showed her. Laid him back down 30 minutes ago and he’s been peacefully sleeping without any tossing. Feel bad I didn’t figure this out with him till now but I guess we’re making progress.
bro we did the same thing, finally did the gas drops and it seemed to help moderately and then felt bad we didn’t figure it out sooner but we eventually decided it’s better to figure this out at a regular pace than to throw all kinds of meds and the kitchen sink at him if we don’t truly know what the issue is so i’d say you figured it out at the right time.

glad the bb is getting some sleep 🙏

Reactions: lescivic

beddachedda

life is uncertain. don't sip.
OT Supporter
Apr 8, 2006
This helped us a ton

8legs

8eyes
OT Supporter
Mar 16, 2008
Webbywebz
My dude is getting on toward 3 and I still do the fart routine. Not nearly as often, but it's totally still a thing.

Tiny Dancer

OT Supporter
May 6, 2016
Boy comes home from camp today!
charlie-kelly-dance.gif

Remy Bressant

40 big girls and a bottle
OT Supporter
Jul 24, 2015
SoCal
His voice is hoarse from all the yelling. And he's telling stories like a mature young adult. :rofl:
He did some serious growing up in this short time. :hs:
Be sure to chop him in the throat and make his teeth click if he tries addressing you by your first name.
Gotta put the boys in check when they try to get too big for their britches.

• Haha
Reactions: Jinx

crotch

😑
Oct 12, 2001
Nashville, TN
i'm sorry i'm not made of STONE

well my wife isn't

she's gonna cave
i’ve grown immune to the cries of a child after these last 2 years. the only one that will shake me is middle of the night on the monitor

otherwise i can also pick up on this forced/faked cry for attention :squint:

he knows he’s doing it too bc i can make him laugh during it

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman