CREW SRS The all inclusive parenting thread v. Exhaustion/suicidal thoughts/moments of happiness

Ron

OT Supporter
Sep 21, 2003
wait...you have to teach/train a baby how to fart? :confused: it's such a good thing i'm not a parent... :rofl:
The only thing they know instinctually is crying and sleeping

You even have to train them to take a nipple

8legs

8eyes
OT Supporter
Mar 16, 2008
Webbywebz
and poop sometimes

they dont really know cause and effect so if they're backed up, sometimes they'll clench their butt instead of letting it go

and they'll cry

and cry

and cry
This. My kid was a clencher. I had to, first, address the fact that he appeared to be resisting and retaining because pooping was painful. Laxatives, stool softener and dietary adjustments. Second, I had to teach him to bend his knees. He's still not keen on bending them, but he's not fighting the process as much as he used to.

beddachedda

life is uncertain. don't sip.
OT Supporter
Apr 8, 2006
tried a Windi early on

never again holy shit i've never heard screams like that before

beddachedda

life is uncertain. don't sip.
OT Supporter
Apr 8, 2006
interesting. i understand like not doing it for an hour lol

but seems like the fifteen min timer we set versus your wife sitting in a chair is similar but the baby can just see the parent? neat read on that article will show wifey ty
yeah i mean ofc ymmv but the most common method (ferber) is dont even touch your baby, just peek in and 'reassure' them then duck back out

Colleen

Apr 3, 2002
🇨🇦
Ahhh long weekend here and family is coming into town for Thanksgiving dinner. ... get to finally meet my new nephew 😍🥰

Shame I have harvest tomorrow :wtc:

DasVWBabe

OT's Diamond and Gemstone Tutorial Creator
OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
and here i thought of all things, surely bodily functions are so natural that they don't require assistance to learn...much love to the OT parents, that sounds awful. :rofl:
It's. . . trying. Not awful. There is so much redemption in them learning the tiniest things. :love:

kwhitelaw

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2004
virginia
interesting. i understand like not doing it for an hour lol

but seems like the fifteen min timer we set versus your wife sitting in a chair is similar but the baby can just see the parent? neat read on that article will show wifey ty
Praise jah we've gotten lucky. Naps and through the night have been lovely save for a random night that we tied to high temp/Covid/teeth coming in. I sympathize for everyone here that has had struggles

Reactions: crotch

TheBoyWonder

OT Supporter
Jun 7, 2006
The Jersey Shore
Does anyone else feel like life is a bit monotonous? Don’t get me wrong I love my kids tremendously but each day is more or less the same. Very little adult time. Almost no “guy time” or time for me to pursue ANY hobbies or even go to the gym.

Since I’ve been on paternity leave and my wife is back to work my day is toddler/baby entertainment.

Not really trying to complain, more commiserate. I guess I can’t fathom how parents do anything for themselves unless they’re utilizing full day daycare which we’re not.

DasVWBabe

OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
til i’m too poor for rugs
Most people don't need one that big - 8x5 or 8x10 is the most common size. I have a second one under my rocker that is 4' round.

This room is huge so anything smaller than 10' x 14' didn't cover as much ground as we needed it to and also live completely under the couch to keep it from scooting.

Reactions: crotch

kwhitelaw

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2004
virginia
Does anyone else feel like life is a bit monotonous? Don’t get me wrong I love my kids tremendously but each day is more or less the same. Very little adult time. Almost no “guy time” or time for me to pursue ANY hobbies or even go to the gym.

Since I’ve been on paternity leave and my wife is back to work my day is toddler/baby entertainment.

Not really trying to complain, more commiserate. I guess I can’t fathom how parents do anything for themselves unless they’re utilizing full day daycare which we’re not.
Samesies. Now that the wife is back to work I'm doing daddy daycare and have pulled back from my work. Not a big deal for me luckily, just focusing on not putting her in daycare until atleast she's potty trained as we don't want anyone else changing her best we can manage.

So I put her down at night and get my cigar time right now which allows me to spam the POL forum lol

Weekends I usually disappear so mom can have some 1 on 1 even tho she doesn't want me to but I know it eats at her not being as involved during the week

• Support
Reactions: DasVWBabe

Tiny Dancer

OT Supporter
May 6, 2016

They get bigger and require less supervision. You will have time to yourself...in several years.

DasVWBabe

OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
All I see are those glasses lol, love love love them
These are her new ones! I love them even more now!
Disgusting that price, love it, might need to scoop for the playroom :h5:
This is the playroom/upstairs office carpet. Probably my fave in the house despite half of it being white. But goddamn rugs got pricey. I paid $140 for this one and like $220 for the 10x14 in the living room. :eek3:

1665191581893.png

• Love
Reactions: kwhitelaw

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman