CREW SRS The all inclusive parenting thread v. Exhaustion/suicidal thoughts/moments of happiness

Smeghead

Oct 6, 2006
Klingonlandia
My oldest turned 10 on Sunday. I think he's starting to look more like me.

kvTipQU.jpg

wHTugvC.jpg

And then there's the little shit who's only 6

P4rGIsR.jpg

8legs

8eyes
OT Supporter
Mar 16, 2008
Webbywebz
I know! Crazyiness. But I wasn't even that young. I was 27 when I got him.
I was also thinking it's been over 10 years since the BBQ and you had a kid grow to be 10 after that. We old, dude. Having to account for so many years hurts my head.

Smeghead

Oct 6, 2006
Klingonlandia
I was also thinking it's been over 10 years since the BBQ and you had a kid grow to be 10 after that. We old, dude. Having to account for so many years hurts my head.
Lets do another one? I'm going to NY in 2 weeks actually, wrong side I know but atleast same country, lol

Reactions: 8legs

anomaly

Only 00s are OGs
Oct 12, 2000
The Town
I asked my partner if she ever wishes she had died before we met so Leona would have never been born and ultimately hurt and, based upon her visible reaction I found out that she had not felt that way. So, thats something.

DasVWBabe

OT's Diamond and Gemstone Tutorial Creator
OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
I asked my partner if she ever wishes she had died before we met so Leona would have never been born and ultimately hurt and, based upon her visible reaction I found out that she had not felt that way. So, thats something.
Spoiler about a movie below.

It's wild how the plot of Arrival
mirrors your gender-based feelings on a traumatic situation like this, too. The mother in the movie will always have the baby despite knowing she will eventually suffer and die from an incurable disease and the husband leaves her because she knows all of this in advance and he can't handle it.

the_antsy_honda

Sir, I protest...
Dec 17, 2001
California
Spoiler about a movie below.

It's wild how the plot of Arrival
mirrors your gender-based feelings on a traumatic situation like this, too. The mother in the movie will always have the baby despite knowing she will eventually suffer and die from an incurable disease and the husband leaves her because she knows all of this in advance and he can't handle it.
I'm not really sure what's actually going on in this thread right now, but I loved this movie

anomaly

Only 00s are OGs
Oct 12, 2000
The Town
Goin on 8 1/2 months of me sleeping on pull out couches, the floor, a chair or a mattress pad next to her to help settle her when she wakes up uncomfortable at night. I don't see it stopping for another 6-9 months. Theres not much that hasn't gone through my mind in the 19-20 hours a day I've been awake this entire time about how things could be different.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman