CREW SRS The all inclusive parenting thread v. Exhaustion/suicidal thoughts/moments of happiness

Jinx

forever sugarplum
Sep 25, 2005
Indianapolis, Indiana
so, my kid decided to go as cruella for halloween, and most of the costume came together pretty easily EXCEPT FOR THE FUCKING DALMATION. do yall know how hard it is to find a dalmation toy these days? :rofl: everything is a rainbow unicorn or llama or octopus. i eventually found one at big lots while i was there for other stuff. on my way home, i decided to stop and grab a coffee at the gas station. i threw away an old bag with some stuff i'd been meaning to throw away for a while. got home a few minutes later and realized the bag i threw away was the one from big lots, not the one i meant to :rofl: i flew back to the gas station, and it was luckily still the first thing in there... definitely didn't grab the bag of stroopwafels that were in there too, though :(

anyway, she looks awesome (this is her "villain face")

5bi4BbW.png

BStork

Suck My Beak From The Back™️
OT Supporter
Apr 28, 2007
what are we sending in for halloween parties? i volunteered for snacks (mini chip bags) and some sort of candy. kid asked for jolly ranchers, but i'm probably going to grab a good chunk of other stuff.

we can't do anything homemade or refrigerated/frozen :mad: i wanted to make worms and dirt :rofl:

Anything but candy corn iirc

Faithless

щ(゚Д゚щ)
Feb 11, 2001
Houston, TX
Small story time/brag if you will indulge me. My oldest is determined to try out for the volleyball team next year as an 8th grader. God love her, she does not have a naturally athletic bone in her body. When I first started doing sports stuff with her years ago, I made the decision to gently nudge her in other directions. Band. Theater. Photography, art, literally anything else. :rofl:

But this last summer she started getting really into volleyball so I was like…sigh, okay. We have practiced together almost every day since then, with her also practicing by herself or with others, combining for probably 10 hours of practice every week. She started out as completely hopeless and I cannot stress this enough. I was already imagining her disappointment and how down on herself she would be when she didn’t make the team. (Even the junior high teams here are full of athletic prodigies.) Maybe that is horrible of me…I can own that, not giving her enough credit.

Because through sheer will and work, all the practice, even watching TikToks and YouTube on technique and the rules of the game, this kid has turned it all around and goddamnit, she is good. The progress over the last month in particular has just skyrocketed and I am in awe. Could not be more proud of her, she’s amazing, that is all :wtc:
Badass!!! My daughter is less than athletic but also really came to love volleyball. It has given her so much self confidence to be on a team. Her teammates all root for each other and I've seen them give each other high fives as they pass each other in the halls. The teachers also seem to treat her differently now and teachers that she didn't have for classes know her and talk to her, as they go to the games.

It really changed her school experience for the better. Maybe not related, but maybe it is.... but her grades also went up

Leah

OT Supporter
Dec 30, 2006
Oz
Badass!!! My daughter is less than athletic but also really came to love volleyball. It has given her so much self confidence to be on a team. Her teammates all root for each other and I've seen them give each other high fives as they pass each other in the halls. The teachers also seem to treat her differently now and teachers that she didn't have for classes know her and talk to her, as they go to the games.

It really changed her school experience for the better. Maybe not related, but maybe it is.... but her grades also went up
That is awesome to hear. I absolutely loved being on teams when I was in school, there are zero drawbacks that I can think of, so I’m really excited for her.

Reactions: Faithless

Thumpin'Ram

I'll level with you. These bags weren't designed f
Jul 15, 2001
Goodbye mailbox
Ugh. Child was a shit past 4am. Mostly attention seeking, but with the slightest of fevers. Like 1 degree. He was screeching at 7 am for an encore.

My nerves are fried. I'm so glad it's the weekend, though.
I can't believe you're still battling sleep issues :hug:

Sp33dealer

Bully Troll Crew
Aug 3, 2005
DFW
Hey fam in about a month we are going on vacation to a family’s hacienda style vacation home. The living room opens up to the backyard/pool and will be open all week essentially

Any tips for us on pool safety? (23 month old)
She does swim lessons with me but we want to be super vigilant in making sure she doesn’t go in on her own. Maybe we are overthinking it but looking for advice on this. Obviously we’ll need to keep tabs on her 24/7 but any advice or tips appreciated

8legs

8eyes
OT Supporter
Mar 16, 2008
Webbywebz
Hey fam in about a month we are going on vacation to a family’s hacienda style vacation home. The living room opens up to the backyard/pool and will be open all week essentially

She does swim lessons with me but we want to be super vigilant in making sure she doesn’t go in on her own. Maybe we are overthinking it but looking for advice on this. Obviously we’ll need to keep tabs on her 24/7 but any advice or tips appreciated
Put on a brain squeezer headband and tie a balloon to it.

DasVWBabe

OT's Diamond and Gemstone Tutorial Creator
OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia

Constant vigilance and bring a life-preserver. If she's in lessons and has been properly drown proofed, you should be ok, but my mind is constantly running when a pool is easily accessible to the little ones.

But, have fun!

Last edited:

cyclaptor

OT Supporter
Sep 8, 2006
Arlington Texas

Stories of La Llorona kept me away from the pool :mamoru2:

Ron

OT Supporter
Sep 21, 2003

Does the pool not have a fence around it?

Simple

Sexy Beatch
Nov 29, 2001
Edmonton, Alberta

Always keep tabs on her whether you or your wife. Had something like this this summer and it was stressful but necessary

Reactions: Sp33dealer

jeri534

OT Supporter
Jul 17, 2002
Our boy was born Oct 13th...first 2 weeks have been so far so good...he's sleeping in 2-3 hour spurts at night...

First week or so it's been easy for me to get up and help during the nights but the past few nights been rough for me to get up and stay up...also hard to find time to nap during the day. Probably just need to start sleeping a bit earlier

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman