CREW SRS The all inclusive parenting thread v. Exhaustion/suicidal thoughts/moments of happiness

DasVWBabe

OT's Diamond and Gemstone Tutorial Creator
OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
Our boy was born Oct 13th...first 2 weeks have been so far so good...he's sleeping in 2-3 hour spurts at night...

First week or so it's been easy for me to get up and help during the nights but the past few nights been rough for me to get up and stay up...also hard to find time to nap during the day. Probably just need to start sleeping a bit earlier
Congrats and what a great birthday! October babies are arguably the best. :love:

Simple

Sexy Beatch
Nov 29, 2001
Edmonton, Alberta
Our boy was born Oct 13th...first 2 weeks have been so far so good...he's sleeping in 2-3 hour spurts at night...

First week or so it's been easy for me to get up and help during the nights but the past few nights been rough for me to get up and stay up...also hard to find time to nap during the day. Probably just need to start sleeping a bit earlier
first couple months we re-jigged our schedule to literally go to bed at 7pm. was the only way we could get enough sleep to not be zombies by the time we had to start our day the next day. not for everyone for sure

Reactions: DasVWBabe

meatball

vorrei ma non posto
Jan 11, 2005
Union County
i think birdwatching would be a cool activity to do with kids for an hour or two, i've been thinking about it quite a bit lately.

but i can't ID any birds because i'm stupid

Reactions: Sirius

meatball

vorrei ma non posto
Jan 11, 2005
Union County

the advice "sleep when you can" always sucked for me because i'm just not one of those people that can sleep in and out throughout the day. when i'm up i'm completely up.

huge advantage for the types of people that can just fall asleep instantly if they're tired at random times.

Reactions: DasVWBabe

DasVWBabe

OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
i think birdwatching would be a cool activity to do with kids for an hour or two, i've been thinking about it quite a bit lately.

but i can't ID any birds because i'm stupid

DasVWBabe

OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
Kiddo reading a postcard from my Dad/Poppy. :hs:

7iUGH2Bl.jpg

8legs

8eyes
OT Supporter
Mar 16, 2008
Webbywebz
He's got radar when it comes to a busy day. Waking up early and screaming an hour and a half before the alarm goes off is bullshit.

jeri534

OT Supporter
Jul 17, 2002
alright, I know it's a bit early, but when is it OK for a new dad to ask for a few hours off to go on a bike ride or something?

Mom has been great, I have been helping as much as I can, I get up 2-3 times a night and do the diaper changes...MIL has been in our house for the past 2 weeks and starting to go a bit nuts with her in the house for this long lol

DasVWBabe

OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
alright, I know it's a bit early, but when is it OK for a new dad to ask for a few hours off to go on a bike ride or something?

Mom has been great, I have been helping as much as I can, I get up 2-3 times a night and do the diaper changes...MIL has been in our house for the past 2 weeks and starting to go a bit nuts with her in the house for this long lol

Book her for a mani/pedi appointment and tell her you both need to start taking breaks for yourselves. Husband was so worried about leaving me alone but while you have family in the house is the PERFECT time to try and gain some semblance of personal time back.

Good luck and keep doing what you’re doing. ❤️

Reactions: kwhitelaw and Jinx

Leonard Washington

OT Supporter
Aug 15, 2004
Book her for a mani/pedi appointment and tell her you both need to start taking breaks for yourselves. Husband was so worried about leaving me alone but while you have family in the house is the PERFECT time to try and gain some semblance of personal time back.

Good luck and keep doing what you’re doing. ❤️

When my MIL comes over for a few hours my wife doesn’t even realize I’m gone until she sees a pic of my bike somewhere on my IG story :o

beddachedda

life is uncertain. don't sip.
OT Supporter
Apr 8, 2006

How old? I still haven't gone in a bike ride and almost at 7 months :o

beddachedda

life is uncertain. don't sip.
OT Supporter
Apr 8, 2006
first couple months we re-jigged our schedule to literally go to bed at 7pm. was the only way we could get enough sleep to not be zombies by the time we had to start our day the next day. not for everyone for sure
Were still in bed at 7pm lmao

Watch a couple shows and sleep by 8 lol

Reactions: Simple

Sp33dealer

Bully Troll Crew
Aug 3, 2005
DFW
My coworker shared with me recently that her 3 year old boy has co-slept with them since birth

Kept thinking to myself why would you do that? lol

BStork

Suck My Beak From The Back™️
OT Supporter
Apr 28, 2007
The first 2 years it was just super convenient because wife breastfed. I woke up and changed diapers. Then she just sorta stayed in our bed despite trying to move her to her own room. But now she has her own bed and it’s all good.

Leonard Washington

OT Supporter
Aug 15, 2004
My coworker shared with me recently that her 3 year old boy has co-slept with them since birth

Kept thinking to myself why would you do that? lol

Our bed and room is off limits. We never did any co sleeping at all other than a few days when she was brand new born. Every night in her crib all night, sleeping through the night. It’s HUGE that she has been doing this for months

TheBoyWonder

OT Supporter
Jun 7, 2006
The Jersey Shore
Asshole neighbor invited us over and his snot nosed kid got both of mine sick.

How do you guys help your kids get comfortable with a cold?

Right now we’re using the snot sucker and have humidifiers with Vicks inserts going but they’re sleeping for shit.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman