CREW SRS The all inclusive parenting thread v. Exhaustion/suicidal thoughts/moments of happiness

DasVWBabe

OT's Diamond and Gemstone Tutorial Creator
OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
Asshole neighbor invited us over and his snot nosed kid got both of mine sick.

How do you guys help your kids get comfortable with a cold?

Right now we’re using the snot sucker and have humidifiers with Vicks inserts going but they’re sleeping for shit.

Thanks.

Sorry they're sick, that's always the worst.

When you use the Nose Frida, do you also use saline with it? The arm & hammer stuff in the orange bottle.

We even use those to get over colds/COVID faster.

beddachedda

life is uncertain. don't sip.
OT Supporter
Apr 8, 2006
Trying to train out night feedings. Going fine except for the 4am wakeup

Been up since 1am

Today will not be fun

• Support
Reactions: kwhitelaw

digital jello

i'll be jeans soon
OT Supporter
Mar 14, 2006
Asshole neighbor invited us over and his snot nosed kid got both of mine sick.

How do you guys help your kids get comfortable with a cold?

Right now we’re using the snot sucker and have humidifiers with Vicks inserts going but they’re sleeping for shit.

Thanks.
Ibuprofen if fevery. Dealing w croup rn I feel so bad for my kid. She got some oral steroids Thursday and it helped a little

• Support
Reactions: TheBoyWonder

Sp33dealer

Bully Troll Crew
Aug 3, 2005
DFW
read some articles about RSV a few days ago

I guess it’s really bad right now :wtc: Like the worst it has been in decades

I’m relieved we don’t have an infant this season, ours ended up hospitalized in her first year from it. We learned a lot from that first experience with it, the biggest one being DONT’T WAIT and also what to look for. I still think about the nurse that was in the ER waiting room. After we were there for 5 hours we decided to leave, and the nurse in the lobby stopped us and checked her O2 l, it came back low and she whisked us right into a room to get treatment. Had she not stopped us and we went home, I am honestly not sure my daughter would be alive today. That nurse may have saved her life

Mikel

HOT TASTE!
May 17, 2000
going to ask them to test for RSV. her cough is still so bad that she's wretching from time to time. sour ass mood, doesnt want to eat or sleep. im losing my fucking mind.
My kid and everyone in my house have been sick since like late fucking september with basically a chest cold that won't fuck off. Based on ruling out everything else I think it's RSV.

Ron

OT Supporter
Sep 21, 2003
read some articles about RSV a few days ago

I guess it’s really bad right now :wtc: Like the worst it has been in decades

I’m relieved we don’t have an infant this season, ours ended up hospitalized in her first year from it. We learned a lot from that first experience with it, the biggest one being DONT’T WAIT and also what to look for. I still think about the nurse that was in the ER waiting room. After we were there for 5 hours we decided to leave, and the nurse in the lobby stopped us and checked her O2 l, it came back low and she whisked us right into a room to get treatment. Had she not stopped us and we went home, I am honestly not sure my daughter would be alive today. That nurse may have saved her life
Covid screwed up everything and now that kids are coming king again none of their immune systems are prepared to deal with all the other non Covid sicknesses

Really sucks

Reactions: Sp33dealer

GonadWarrior

May 11, 2001
alright, I know it's a bit early, but when is it OK for a new dad to ask for a few hours off to go on a bike ride or something?

Mom has been great, I have been helping as much as I can, I get up 2-3 times a night and do the diaper changes...MIL has been in our house for the past 2 weeks and starting to go a bit nuts with her in the house for this long lol
Good job, dad.

Just be open and communicative. My wife tells me to go to the gym Fri/Sat/Sun for 1-2hours while she looks after her. Those are also my days off and I care for the baby all morning and let my wife sleep in until she wakes
In the evenings during the week she's on her peloton while I care for baby but shes in the same house.

digital jello

i'll be jeans soon
OT Supporter
Mar 14, 2006
alright, I know it's a bit early, but when is it OK for a new dad to ask for a few hours off to go on a bike ride or something?

Mom has been great, I have been helping as much as I can, I get up 2-3 times a night and do the diaper changes...MIL has been in our house for the past 2 weeks and starting to go a bit nuts with her in the house for this long lol
The way I see it is: you’re giving a shit. Doing your part. And if your MIL is there too? Go out. This is a great mentality btw.

Posted from the couch while holding my passed out coughing child who can only sleep sitting up so that my wife can get a few hours sleep.

8legs

8eyes
OT Supporter
Mar 16, 2008
Webbywebz
The good - kids is starting to put himself back to sleep during night wakings he used to whine for food at

The bad - now I can't fuckin sleep lol
I know this feel. My sleep is all kinds of jerked around by the ebb and flow of babby sleep patterns. Infancy and babyhood were a breeze for me. F this toddler nonsense.

digital jello

i'll be jeans soon
OT Supporter
Mar 14, 2006
that sucked. we took shifts. i was up until 2am and then she had the rest of the night. at least we both got a decent chunk of uninterrupted sleep.

still sucks trying to entertain all day inside lol.
yeah shes a little better today but still taking her to the dr in a couple hours

i passed out w her on the couch so she could sit up to ease the cough, i am all kinds of sore from sleeping like that :rofl:

Reactions: Simple

fuct.

Pax sola in morte
OT Supporter
Nov 12, 2000
Howdy Arabia
I'm either the worst parent ever or the best parent ever, We let our daughter watch Jackass: The movie and Jackass nummber 2 this weekend. :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman