CREW SRS The all inclusive parenting thread v. Exhaustion/suicidal thoughts/moments of happiness

Remy Bressant

40 big girls and a bottle
OT Supporter
Jul 24, 2015
SoCal
I absolutely hate when they're sick, but I have the absolute weirdest brag right now; kiddo handles puking like an absolute champ.

Much better than me. I'm always crying while puking my guts out - she was just all business in the most grown up way ever, wiped her mouth with the towel I handed her, asked where her water bottle was and whether she could brush her teeth right now. :eek:
That’s a legit brag. Kiddo is HANDLING business.

Reactions: DasVWBabe
TS
TS
jaunt

jaunt

straight raw like a shamans feet
Aug 7, 2006
Fort Apache
Welp, it only took four years for my son to tell me he hates me

5qRoibh.gif

DasVWBabe

OT's Diamond and Gemstone Tutorial Creator
OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
two years old is too young for a screen, right? my wife wants to get him a fire tablet or iPad. i think it's a BAD idea.
Two? Probably, imo. My kiddo does not have her own screen still; she has to ask permission to use an iPad, but she does have a computer where she can access education.com, ixl.com and getepic.com in the mornings before we get up.

deadbeef

OT Supporter
Sep 5, 2020
two years old is too young for a screen, right? my wife wants to get him a fire tablet or iPad. i think it's a BAD idea.
Eh, I gave mine a tablet late 1. Almost 4 now, she still can use it whenever she wants, but that ends up being not very often. Maybe an hour/week. Same with her Switch. She would much rather go outside and play.

TS
TS
jaunt

jaunt

straight raw like a shamans feet
Aug 7, 2006
Fort Apache
We got a fire tablet at two but he only uses it in the car, if you let them have free reign with it they'll probably become glued to it, which isnt good.

EcheloN

OH NOES!
Dec 13, 2001

As long as you regulate the content and how much they use it, I think it's fine. Both my kids 2 and 4 have iPads. They learn tons of stuff watching, it's actually crazy.

TheBoyWonder

OT Supporter
Jun 7, 2006
The Jersey Shore
As long as you regulate the content and how much they use it, I think it's fine. Both my kids 2 and 4 have iPads. They learn tons of stuff watching, it's actually crazy.
maybe you can inform me on how to better monitor. YouTube is a fucking CESSpool. it's quite hard to monitor. even YT Kids has tons of garbage and they don't make it that easy to block/manage the content.

TheBoyWonder

OT Supporter
Jun 7, 2006
The Jersey Shore
Eh, I gave mine a tablet late 1. Almost 4 now, she still can use it whenever she wants, but that ends up being not very often. Maybe an hour/week. Same with her Switch. She would much rather go outside and play.
yea. it's tougher here now that it's cold af and gets dark at 4:30. he'd rather play too but between that and a 7-month old, it's a little harder.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright Β© 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman