CREW SRS The all inclusive parenting thread v. Exhaustion/suicidal thoughts/moments of happiness

TS
TS
jaunt

jaunt

straight raw like a shamans feet
Aug 7, 2006
Fort Apache
maybe you can inform me on how to better monitor. YouTube is a fucking CESSpool. it's quite hard to monitor. even YT Kids has tons of garbage and they don't make it that easy to block/manage the content.
You have to control what they watch, you dont just give them free reign on youtube.

TS
TS
jaunt

jaunt

straight raw like a shamans feet
Aug 7, 2006
Fort Apache
of course. i'm just saying YT is FILLED with trash. you have to actively hunt for decent content. and the blocking and monitoring features, even on YT Kids, is subpar.
We have purchased stuff we stick to, yeah otherwise they'll find their way to some cartoon showing them how to murder their parents.

EcheloN

OH NOES!
Dec 13, 2001
maybe you can inform me on how to better monitor. YouTube is a fucking CESSpool. it's quite hard to monitor. even YT Kids has tons of garbage and they don't make it that easy to block/manage the content.
Yeah. YT is pretty hard to manage. They can get around to some real dumb stuff.

Kids are usually using Disney+ and I put stuff I download on Plex.

Reactions: TheBoyWonder

8legs

8eyes
OT Supporter
Mar 16, 2008
Webbywebz
So... Yesterday my husband and I were talking about how neither one of us had ever heard our son burp (aside from when he was an infant and we helped). During the can't sleep portion of my night I Googled it - no-burp syndrom or R-CPD. It kinda explained a few weird things. So I guess that puts another thing on the list for the pediatrician to look at.

deadbeef

OT Supporter
Sep 5, 2020
It was that and parainfluenza last time. 7 nights in the hospital. Older daughter still gets worked up when we leave her at home with someone (eg babysitter for date night) because she's worried we will be gone for that long again 😢

• Support
Reactions: Ron

beddachedda

life is uncertain. don't sip.
OT Supporter
Apr 8, 2006
Rough fuckin night, probably slept three hours

Teething and crawling and back from Thanksgiving travel and who knows what else but this boy is not sleeping

• Support
Reactions: Jinx and 8legs

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman