The all inclusive parenting thread v. Exhaustion/suicidal thoughts/moments of happiness

beddachedda

life is uncertain. don't sip.
OT Supporter
Apr 8, 2006
Does your wife breastfeed? I mean I’ll do my best. Her work has this cool service that is free where they store and ship her own breast milk wherever she and the baby go so like if she’s traveling for work or visiting family abroad she can ship it to me to feed the baby. That’ll be interesting

do you wfh? 👨‍💻
Yes. She has the same service, we have never used it because it still sounds like a logistical nightmare

Reactions: Kafka

chrislehr

Feb 20, 2001
Yes. She has the same service, we have never used it because it still sounds like a logistical nightmare
parenting as a whole is a logistical nightmare. wait til:

You drop your kid off at daycare/school and get the call minutes after you get home that they got hurt and you need to come back.
" and you see its costume day and you missed the email
Child care/school closing/cancellations are pretty much the atom bomb of parenting. MOVE ALL THE THINGS.

My work has been absolutely amazing about my 9a-3pm then 7-10pm work schedule.

Kafka

PaulGiamattiFan420
OT Supporter
Feb 16, 2007
America
Shipping breast milk :rofl:
It’s not as crazy as you think. Women in her company have sworn by the service. It’s like concierge type shit not just mere shipping. Overnighted. Picked up by hand. Hand delivered. Frozen.

Colleen

Apr 3, 2002
🇨🇦
It is as crazy as I think
It's not really when you have a working parent and a baby.. the biggest issue for most parents with newborns is finding that happy medium spot where you're working and still feeling like you're doing all you can for that newborn.

Most mothers struggle with pumping at work and finding the time and space to do it, I for one think it's a great service.

• Cool
Reactions: Kafka

Colleen

Apr 3, 2002
🇨🇦
Also might I add to one of the comments about identifying as a parent.

I am a parent first and I do everything for my boys to make sure they're happy, healthy and provided with everything they need. However I don't identify as just a parent.. I do have interests, hobbies and time spent without my kids. The problem I have with saying your whole life is your kids is you lose yourself and once they're old enough to move out you're then lost in life with what to now do.

It's about balancing your kids with yourself and making sure your entire family is happy and healthy not just your kids. We go away several times a year without our kids for alone time to reset and our kids get to spend time with their grandparents. It's win win for all parties.

TrenT

OT Supporter
Aug 27, 2002
NYC
Do people give holiday tips to daycare workers? We don’t see the other parents too often so we haven’t asked anyone. We were thinking a small gift and $100 each worker?

Reactions: Sp33dealer

beddachedda

life is uncertain. don't sip.
OT Supporter
Apr 8, 2006
I'm still pissed at our friends that when we asked 'does it get easier' when our son was 3mo, they said 'no, just wait till they start crawling! Way harder!'

Fuck you, 8 months is an absolute joy

digital jello

i'll be jeans soon
OT Supporter
Mar 14, 2006
I'm still pissed at our friends that when we asked 'does it get easier' when our son was 3mo, they said 'no, just wait till they start crawling! Way harder!'

lol when they start walking is awesome too

Stylerod

150mph in a swimsuit :eek3:
Dec 23, 2001
150MPH in a Swimsuit :eek3:!

I felt like the older my kids got the easier everything was. When they start walking you don't have to carry them everywhere. Then they start talking and can ask for things or respond when you talk to them. Pretty soon the diaper bag is gone, then the car seats get smaller and disappears. Of course them they start getting mobile you have to make sure they aren't getting into things but that is normally pretty easy.

Reactions: Jinx

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.13.2 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abdallahppp6