The all inclusive parenting thread v. Exhaustion/suicidal thoughts/moments of happiness

Kafka

PaulGiamattiFan420
OT Supporter
Feb 16, 2007
America
So ummm maybe an offensive question (sorry OP) but my wife has become a raging b. And she’s only gotta be 6 weeks pregnant now. She does work a lot more than me at a tech company that has been through layoffs so obviously she’s trying to prove herself. But like yeah idk what to do. Anything and everything sets her off. She got mad at me today for throwing a sweater of mine she liked into our goodwill bag even though she was totally okay with me putting that sweater in a month ago. What can I do to make her attitude less bad? Should I just be out of the house more?

Reactions: Colleen

Colleen

Apr 3, 2002
🇨🇦
So ummm maybe an offensive question (sorry OP) but my wife has become a raging b. And she’s only gotta be 6 weeks pregnant now. She does work a lot more than me at a tech company that has been through layoffs so obviously she’s trying to prove herself. But like yeah idk what to do. Anything and everything sets her off. She got mad at me today for throwing a sweater of mine she liked into our goodwill bag even though she was totally okay with me putting that sweater in a month ago. What can I do to make her attitude less bad? Should I just be out of the house more?
Ask her.

Just say you feel she's more annoyed with you lately and ask what you can do to help. Women go through fucked up shit through pregnancy... and sometimes were short and don't realize.

Reactions: Jinx

rcm

Bully Troll Crew
OT Supporter
Dec 30, 2004
What can I get for my niece's second birthday if she already has 1000 toys and 1000 articles of clothing? :hmm:

Kafka

PaulGiamattiFan420
OT Supporter
Feb 16, 2007
America
Ask her.

Just say you feel she's more annoyed with you lately and ask what you can do to help. Women go through fucked up shit through pregnancy... and sometimes were short and don't realize.
Oh she realizes it and uses her pregnancy and work as an excuse. I mean it’s fine she was never the sweetest woman in the world before either so I’m like whatever and just do my own thing sometimes but yeah it’s just been way worse. It’s not like I can make her work more chill. Ive always been happy to be more of the cleaner around the house so I got that. And I’ve even cooked more recently too.

• Support

Colleen

Apr 3, 2002
🇨🇦
Oh she realizes it and uses her pregnancy and work as an excuse. I mean it’s fine she was never the sweetest woman in the world before either so I’m like whatever and just do my own thing sometimes but yeah it’s just been way worse. It’s not like I can make her work more chill. Ive always been happy to be more of the cleaner around the house so I got that. And I’ve even cooked more recently too.
Good.. I mean for me I was dead the first two months.. extreme fatigue and nausea. Once that passed life became easier.

How is the pregnancy going for her so far?

Reactions: Jinx

Kafka

PaulGiamattiFan420
OT Supporter
Feb 16, 2007
America
Good.. I mean for me I was dead the first two months.. extreme fatigue and nausea. Once that passed life became easier.

How is the pregnancy going for her so far?
She only complains about cramps and tiredness (that is likely from working so much). No morning sickness yet. I’m a little excited because we’re visiting my parents tomorrow in CA and will be revealing she’s pregnant with these Etsy mugs. Dada and Dadi mean grandfather and grandmother on the dad’s (me) side.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1137018968/dadi-dada-est-2022-mugs-custom?ref=share_v4_lx

• Love

Axespeed

OT Supporter
Mar 9, 2005
Our 1 year old boy still relies on us to cradle him to sleep. He was breastfed up until a month ago. Now that we've weaned him, he sleeps through the night way better. Yet, he is still in the habit of needing us to physically hold him most of the time to actually fall asleep before putting him down.

I've thought about sleep training, but according to Dr. Gabor Maté, giving comfort and showing affection goes a long way, especially in their first few years. The thought of leaving him in the crib to cry through the night for a week+ is painful, not to mention exhausting for us. Has anyone had a similar experience or can offer advice?

Reactions: Kafka

Tiny Dancer

OT Supporter
May 6, 2016
Our 1 year old boy still relies on us to cradle him to sleep. He was breastfed up until a month ago. Now that we've weaned him, he sleeps through the night way better. Yet, he is still in the habit of needing us to physically hold him most of the time to actually fall asleep before putting him down.

I've thought about sleep training, but according to Dr. Gabor Maté, giving comfort and showing affection goes a long way, especially in their first few years. The thought of leaving him in the crib to cry through the night for a week+ is painful, not to mention exhausting for us. Has anyone had a similar experience or can offer advice?
Not good advice. I let them sleep in my bed way too much (significantly longer than a year).
It was a very gradual process.

Just do what feels right for you. There's no correct answer.

Colleen

Apr 3, 2002
🇨🇦
  • Support
Reactions: Kafka

8legs

8eyes
OT Supporter
Mar 16, 2008
Webbywebz

I kept my kid next to me for a over a year. Breast feeding didn't really happen, but I couldn't put him in another room due to anxiety over my sister's death from SIDS. If you don't want to rip off the band-aid you can still transition him to a pack and play nearby to comfort him as he begins to take over comforting himself. Being able to see you could go either way, though. Totally depends on the kid. It could make him feel more secure when he doesn't get cuddled to sleep or he could rage.

Good luck.

Colt_Government

OT Supporter
Jun 18, 2010
wallaby island
So her true nature came out

Remy Bressant

d i l d e r
OT Supporter
Jul 24, 2015
SoCal

I wouldn’t treat Gabor Mate as gospel, amigo.
Kiddo needs to learn to sleep on his own, but do it at your own pace.

Reactions: jaunt

digital jello

i'll be jeans soon
OT Supporter
Mar 14, 2006
dad voiced last night bc kiddo wasn’t listening and caused a hysterical meltdown. feels bad man. gotta do it once in a while I guess

Reactions: jaunt

jeri534

OT Supporter
Jul 17, 2002
any tips for flying? we are flying with our 2 month old on Friday...at least its a direct flight from DC to SF

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.13.2 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trendworld