The all inclusive parenting thread v. Exhaustion/suicidal thoughts/moments of happiness

Colleen

Apr 3, 2002
🇨🇦
His due date is January 23 but our first was two weeks early…
Second is normally early too...

Poor thing though January birthday sucks when your younger cause everyone is either poor, busy or the weather sucks. I started doing a half birthday in the summer 10 years ago and love it lol

Ron

OT Supporter
Sep 21, 2003
Second is normally early too...

Poor thing though January birthday sucks when your younger cause everyone is either poor, busy or the weather sucks. I started doing a half birthday in the summer 10 years ago and love it lol
Never thought about that, we actually have a few January birthdays though so it shouldn’t be too bad

Colleen

Apr 3, 2002
🇨🇦
Never thought about that, we actually have a few January birthdays though so it shouldn’t be too bad
Probably more annoying for me because I'm right after Christmas, but yah... I wish my parents did a half birthday for me when I was younger.

Ron

OT Supporter
Sep 21, 2003
Probably more annoying for me because I'm right after Christmas, but yah... I wish my parents did a half birthday for me when I was younger.
Good to know for the future if it does become a thing

My wife and son already share a birthday so well have all sorts of birthday shenanigans to deal with

• Support
Reactions: Colleen

Tiny Dancer

OT Supporter
May 6, 2016
Yikes. 8mo had a mild reaction when trying peanut butter for the first time.. actually second because she had a taste before. Few hives and some redness but she seems fine other than that.
We're now completely nut free. Both kids severely allergic (ER visits and epi-pens).

• Support
Reactions: {hydro}

Colleen

Apr 3, 2002
🇨🇦
There are no vacations with kids under 5

It’s just you scrambling to exist while they have fun
We always have taken our kids out on vacation... while it sucks working around naps they're all great memories.

This is also why we take a mommy and daddy trip alone once a year though :0

Ron

OT Supporter
Sep 21, 2003
We always have taken our kids out on vacation... while it sucks working around naps they're all great memories.

This is also why we take a mommy and daddy trip alone once a year though :0
definitely great memories and still fun to see them experience something new but to me it’s not a vacation because there’s no relaxation for the parents

Colleen

Apr 3, 2002
🇨🇦
definitely great memories and still fun to see them experience something new but to me it’s not a vacation because there’s no relaxation for the parents
Different for us maybe because I have a 12 and 5 year old... the oldest helps and isn't a butthead to travel with anymore lol

Kafka

PaulGiamattiFan420
OT Supporter
Feb 16, 2007
America
I took my 1yr old twins on a road trip to visit family 5 hrs away for Christmas. It's just babysitting them in a different location. :rofl: the whole time we were just looking forward to the night hours when they went to sleep.
What if you took your kids to the grandparents? Does that not help ease the burden? Then you and the wife can ditch for a day or two?

Ron

OT Supporter
Sep 21, 2003
What if you took your kids to the grandparents? Does that not help ease the burden? Then you and the wife can ditch for a day or two?
My in laws are mostly useless, they can watch the kid by themselves for 2-3 hours. My parents are non existent.

It depends family to family

the_antsy_honda

This is the story of a little ship...
Dec 17, 2001
California
We do this ... don't listen to these other guys lol

Obviously not even has that to rely on, but for us it's been helpful in helping us remember we're adults and not just patents :0
It's nice to have a break sometimes, and grandparents can do that, but I think the mindset needs to change from "it just felt like babysitting in a different location" to "this is now my life"
You aren't babysitting IMO, they're your kids. You're just existing as normal. Make them part of your life and enjoy it. Or at least tell yourself to.

Reactions: Kafka and Colleen

Colleen

Apr 3, 2002
🇨🇦
It's nice to have a break sometimes, and grandparents can do that, but I think the mindset needs to change from "it just felt like babysitting in a different location" to "this is now my life"
You aren't babysitting IMO, they're your kids. You're just existing as normal. Make them part of your life and enjoy it. Or at least tell yourself to.
Yep agreed... the trips we do take with them are fun!

Kafka

PaulGiamattiFan420
OT Supporter
Feb 16, 2007
America
Did you guys ever do genetic testing on yourselves as parents or on the baby? A year ago, i had a genetic test for my sudden adult hearing loss that came back inconclusive which basically means they can’t say for sure there isn’t a genetic component to it. I would hate for my baby to have this.

Kafka

PaulGiamattiFan420
OT Supporter
Feb 16, 2007
America
Wife got her first ultrasound. Sucks we couldn’t be together cuz she flew to LA first (our flights got fucked up and I’m flying out tomorrow). BUT IM FREAKING OUT SHE SENT ME THE THING.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.13.2 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olegarchy