The all inclusive parenting thread v. Exhaustion/suicidal thoughts/moments of happiness

Sp33dealer

Bully Troll Crew
Aug 3, 2005
DFW
We told my parents that she’s pregnant yesterday. They were thrilled. First time grandparents so they’re elated. Year had been hard on them. My Younger brother got divorced from a daughter in law they really loved and accepted like a real daughter (we’re four boys so DILs are the closest they’ll ever get to having daughters).

My parents loved the reveal too with the mugs. My dad was confused at first and my mom had to slug him like “READ IT”
View attachment 291242
The text is confusing I don’t blame em lol

8legs

8eyes
OT Supporter
Mar 16, 2008
Webbywebz
She's going to be challenged, for sure. Just finished explaining 5th position and me saying "turn out" a dozen times and still not understanding.
I wish she got some time with teacher. It was a little odd that the pacing was so quick and very little time was spent with her specifically to correct those basic things.

I hope she likes it. I hope she tries and practices. But I don't want to be one of those moms pushing her into something making her miserable.
Building the routine without building an expectation or the fear that sometimes comes with correction is good. Hopefully the teacher steps up the instruction gradually.

Reactions: Tiny Dancer

Sp33dealer

Bully Troll Crew
Aug 3, 2005
DFW
baby is now a heat seeking rolling missile to every hazard so we now have this on the way :o

Still need to find stair gates

We had to get special gates for ours with the way our stairs are designed. The top is even worse we have a wall on one side and the round post on the other and they aren’t exactly parallel

UE3gzD3.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2004
virginia
baby is now a heat seeking rolling missile to every hazard so we now have this on the way :o

Still need to find stair gates

Try as I did, I ended up with four different brands of gates. Needed a lower profile to slide under a handrail upstairs, a different style at the bottom of the same stairs as it has posts on each side that I eventually just drilled brackets into cause the friction style just kept separating the posts more and more to where it became loose on both sides ugh. And a weird spot by the foyer that needed a really long gate to wrap around everything.. my drywall guy gonna earn his money filling holes when we finally take all this down lol

BStork

Suck My Beak From The Back™️
OT Supporter
Apr 28, 2007
Well, our oldest is not happy right now. She asked to go to a friends grandma’s house. So, we start “vetting” the grandma. Her FB is littered with Trump stuff.

We told her that we didn’t feel comfortable with her going there. She said “but I don’t do politics and we don’t talk about politics!”

I’d love for her to be able to go to her friends place. She went to a different friends house the other day. But I just can’t trust these people.

Am I the asshole?

Kafka

PaulGiamattiFan420
OT Supporter
Feb 16, 2007
America
My wife is half. MIL is first generation.
Y’all 🍞
Well, our oldest is not happy right now. She asked to go to a friends grandma’s house. So, we start “vetting” the grandma. Her FB is littered with Trump stuff.

We told her that we didn’t feel comfortable with her going there. She said “but I don’t do politics and we don’t talk about politics!”

I’d love for her to be able to go to her friends place. She went to a different friends house the other day. But I just can’t trust these people.

Am I the asshole?
It’s a very good question but if I had to say either YTA or NTA I’d defer to the former. We can’t just isolate ourselves and family members from trump supporters tbh. Besides just cuz it’s on her social doesn’t mean she is going to say anything to your daughter. Some people (I hope) can keep the two private. But you’re a responsible dad so you know best.

Reactions: BStork

BStork

Suck My Beak From The Back™️
OT Supporter
Apr 28, 2007
Y’all 🍞

It’s a very good question but if I had to say either YTA or NTA I’d defer to the former. We can’t just isolate ourselves and family members from trump supporters tbh. Besides just cuz it’s on her social doesn’t mean she is going to say anything to your daughter. Some people (I hope) can keep the two private. But you’re a responsible dad so you know best.

Where we live, we're constantly bombarded by right-wing everything. A kid on my daughter's bus told her that "Black lives don't matter", for example.

IDK. This is a tough call.

• Support
Reactions: Kafka

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.13.2 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olegarchy