The all inclusive parenting thread v. Exhaustion/suicidal thoughts/moments of happiness

BStork

Suck My Beak From The Back™️
OT Supporter
Apr 28, 2007
:rofl: my mom moved to another city with her sister and didn’t say bye to any of her grandkids.

Trying really hard to not be real mad about it tbh. She could’ve at least said bye to them.

They don’t really ask about her though. My son does. But she’s always “not feeling well” or out of town anyway so they didn’t really get to hang out. And when they did get to go, it was always a “when can you pick them up?” as if she was bothered.

Fuck man

kwhitelaw

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2004
virginia
Separately, did a major cleanse of the house this weekend, stripped all curtains etc to clean, moved all furniture out rooms to vacuum/clean baseboards/fans etc.. put a pair of curtains for kitchen door in the wash and mistakenly put in the dryer cause the tag said they could go tumble low while all the others are hang drying... said curtains are now looking like high waters and the boss is freaking out cause the "neighbors" can see in meanwhile there's now 6" of now missing space along the floor.. so I'm outside with a smoke and looking up replacement curtains. Learnt my lesson, no longer dryer any curtains regardless of what the tag says

chrislehr

Feb 20, 2001
Nice. How old? What's he riding?

I'm pretty surprised to see how much better my daughter has been on her balance bike because she didn't ride it much for a long time then was good all of the sudden.

Probably going to get her a real pedal bike for her 3rd bday in March.
Cannondale 20" - he is six and its his... fourth bike? Strider then a Spawn Yogi 14 and a Yogi 16

Reactions: Kafka and {hydro}

Kafka

PaulGiamattiFan420
OT Supporter
Feb 16, 2007
America
Feel that. But trying to send the wife on a 8 day cruise next spring for a bachelorette party. She's straight up against and the bride understands cause baby and all but I want the boss to go and relax but she's against being away from the spawn longer than one night ugh
Send her off, king. Then party at your place you’re probably only like an hour or so away from me :bowdown:

digital jello

i'll be jeans soon
OT Supporter
Mar 14, 2006
Feel that. But trying to send the wife on a 8 day cruise next spring for a bachelorette party. She's straight up against and the bride understands cause baby and all but I want the boss to go and relax but she's against being away from the spawn longer than one night ugh
Yeah talk her into that. It’ll be good for both of you

Reactions: kwhitelaw

8legs

8eyes
OT Supporter
Mar 16, 2008
Webbywebz
:rofl: my mom moved to another city with her sister and didn’t say bye to any of her grandkids.

Trying really hard to not be real mad about it tbh. She could’ve at least said bye to them.

They don’t really ask about her though. My son does. But she’s always “not feeling well” or out of town anyway so they didn’t really get to hang out. And when they did get to go, it was always a “when can you pick them up?” as if she was bothered.

Fuck man
I feel you on this, but with a different brand of weird mom bs.

%EB%82%A8%EC%A7%80%ED%98%84-%EC%9D%B4%EC%A4%80%ED%98%81.gif

8legs

8eyes
OT Supporter
Mar 16, 2008
Webbywebz
I got to go out today without kid or husband for the first time in... A slightly scary long time. More than a year. It was really nice, but so hard to stay on track because I wanted to do all the things.

rolling-thomas-mcgregor.gif

• Support
Reactions: DasVWBabe

DasVWBabe

OT's Diamond and Gemstone Tutorial Creator
OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
I got to go out today without kid or husband for the first time in... A slightly scary long time. More than a year. It was really nice, but so hard to stay on track because I wanted to do all the things.

rolling-thomas-mcgregor.gif

I feeeeeeel this. :hug:

We've been purging every day since we got home, I've sold some Anthro dresses, so last night I went and dropped off boxes & bags of purged items at the local shelter, mailed the packages off, then was like "I'll just check on one of our fave dinner places and see if I can pick up dinner". The restaurant (sign said " We closed - sorry!") is in a Home Goods parking lot. I'm on a strict "buy nothing" until the move but it does not hurt to look for ideas. 🤣

One thing is for sure, I can't wait to have the tiniest amount of family support. One night a quarter would make me soooo happy! ❤️

the_antsy_honda

This is the story of a little ship...
Dec 17, 2001
California
Power went out because of the storm last night. Transformers were blowing up in the neighborhood explosions and shit. The kids were scared, so they came to sleep in my room.

Good lord, I've never been kicked in the chest so many times in my sleep

Tiny Dancer

OT Supporter
May 6, 2016
Power went out because of the storm last night. Transformers were blowing up in the neighborhood explosions and shit. The kids were scared, so they came to sleep in my room.

Good lord, I've never been kicked in the chest so many times in my sleep
I was shoved to the edge and even though she was in the middle she kicked off the blankets. And for some reason she’s got her phone alarm set for 6am on a Sunday? WTF kid.

It was a disaster.

digital jello

i'll be jeans soon
OT Supporter
Mar 14, 2006
we have to apply to pre-k later in the month. woohoo researching local schools and applying for them like it's fuckin college :rofl: the school system here is wack

Reactions: Thumpin'Ram

Ron

OT Supporter
Sep 21, 2003
we have to apply to pre-k later in the month. woohoo researching local schools and applying for them like it's fuckin college :rofl: the school system here is wack
I bet ours is worse, I am dreading that because we might have to go private if we don’t get into the public schools we want :/

Users who are viewing this thread

• About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
    OT v15.13.2 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
    Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
    Guests online
    Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    abdallahppp6