The average American woman is 5'3.5" and over 170lbs, what are you Americans eating??

Tiny Dancer

OT Supporter
May 6, 2016
And even so - have you any idea how difficult hormone testing is to determine what our hormones actually do?
I haven't been tested for any metabolic stuff, but I did have thyroid issues during pregnancy and later attempted to determine if my migraines had a hormonal factor (they often do).
It was impossible for doctors to pull any data that was useful. They tested fertility instead, which was stupid and pointless.

If all my doctors, including an endocrinologist, couldn't figure it out - I seriously doubt your authority on the subject.

• Haha
Reactions: Ceaze

Phil NJ

OT Supporter
Jun 15, 2003
Jersey Shore
Hormones can absolutely screw up your metabolism and affect calorie burning/weight loss.
Metabolic disorders create a downward spiral of conditions that dramatically affect weight loss/maintaining a healthy weight.

Even running a caloric deficit some people, especially those with metabolic disorders, will not lose weight (bad intermittent fasting, overkill calorie cutting) will not just default result in weight loss. So those people who are struggling with weight loss grow fatigued, get poor sleep, stress, etc.
My argument is that this is not just an easy fix to tell them to eat less food and expect results. It's a compound issue with many factors.

For you to claim hormones don't play a part in weight loss/gaining weight is a joke.
If you runs caloric deficit you will absolutely lose weight. Every time.

I had undiagnosed hashimotos for years. Before getting treatment I still managed to lose 30 pounds.

Before joining TRT crew I completely recomped my body in 4 months with subpar free test levels.

Yes hormones play a role but it’s not as huge as what most people think.

You cannot gain fat if you’re consuming less calories than you burn. We are not unique animals in nature. We still have to follow rules.

Remy Bressant

40 big girls and a bottle
OT Supporter
Jul 24, 2015
SoCal
2000 calories a day as a woman will absolutely make you fat, unless you think every woman is spending an hour a day doing cardio.
If you aren’t getting an hour of exercise a day you need to re-adjust your priorities, regardless of gender.
Value of exercise extends way beyond burning calories.

Tesla Death Ray

Open your mouth, I'm gonna put something nice into
OT Supporter
Oct 11, 2006
Your Best Nightmare
I'm always wondering about soy lecithin...it's in pretty much everything that is even vaguely processed. It's basically a filler product, cannot be good for us

Phil NJ

OT Supporter
Jun 15, 2003
Jersey Shore
I'm always wondering about soy lecithin...it's in pretty much everything that is even vaguely processed. It's basically a filler product, cannot be good for us
There’s a million worse things to worry about than a little bit of soy lecithin. But if you’re nervous about it a lot of products use sunflower lecithin

Remy Bressant

OT Supporter
Jul 24, 2015
SoCal
How so? Should I also be ashamed of myself for taking levothyroxine for my hashimotos?

Should women be ashamed for supplementing estrogen during menopause?
Dude her comment was a straw man to lead you away from the argument that calorie deficit will cause weight loss.

Phil NJ

OT Supporter
Jun 15, 2003
Jersey Shore
Dude her comment was a straw man to lead you away from the argument that calorie deficit will cause weight loss.
I get it that losing weight and keeping it off is tough with peoples lifestyles nowadays. But every person, and I mean everyone, WILL lose weight if they take in less calories than they burn.

Look at this dog? You think it got this way because it was under eating? Do you think it has a metabolic disorder? Come on, humans are NOT special. ECB8AE08-A77F-465E-B5CE-47EADED3B4CB.jpeg

Tiny Dancer

OT Supporter
May 6, 2016
Nah. Earlier I thought you were just being argumentative for no reason trying to irritate me. My major point was to consider all the factors that make people fat and keep them fat. That it was not just calories in.
Now I just believe you're falsifying an actual medical condition to create the illusion of credibility. I do not believe you have Hashimotos or ever did have Hashimotos. If you had, you would know how that affects lifestyle and possibly have some sympathy for people with hormone issues.
Instead, you mentioned TRT. :rofl:
And even if you were not lying, say for a second that you're telling the truth - what possible benefit is there to pick a fight with me over those points? (Other than you want to stomp on a woman who is attempting to advocate for people who can't take care of themselves.)
Is it because you think sympathy and consideration is weakness you need to squash? Do you think because I care it makes ME weak?

Now OT can just be for real for a sec - is every single red pill in here a compulsive liar AND up their own ass, or is it all just trolls?

Whatever, I really don't care what you think because you're adding no value.
I'll just hang out until a male endocrinologist shows up that you will listen to, k?

• Haha
Reactions: aloe

aloe

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2002
Dallas, Tejas
Nah. Earlier I thought you were just being argumentative for no reason trying to irritate me. My major point was to consider all the factors that make people fat and keep them fat. That it was not just calories in.
Now I just believe you're falsifying an actual medical condition to create the illusion of credibility. I do not believe you have Hashimotos or ever did have Hashimotos. If you had, you would know how that affects lifestyle and possibly have some sympathy for people with hormone issues.

And even if you were not lying, say for a second that you're telling the truth - what possible benefit is there to pick a fight with me over those points? (Other than you want to stomp on a woman who is attempting to advocate for people who can't take care of themselves.)
Is it because you think sympathy and consideration is weakness you need to squash? Do you think because I care it makes ME weak?

Now OT can just be for real for a sec - is every single red pill in here a compulsive liar AND up their own ass, or is it all just trolls?

I'll just hang out until a male endocrinologist shows up that you will listen to, k?
You’re psychotic :bowrofl:

Reactions: DCC

Remy Bressant

OT Supporter
Jul 24, 2015
SoCal
“Anyone who calls me on my bullshit is …(shuffles deck of victimhood cards) … a red pilled troll making up medical conditions to attack a woman”

:rofl:

Phil NJ

OT Supporter
Jun 15, 2003
Jersey Shore

Seek help 3DDBE81F-C207-4ACE-91B1-D47E76F94848.jpeg

aloe

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2002
Dallas, Tejas
“Anyone who calls me on my bullshit is …(shuffles deck of victimhood cards) … a red pilled troll making up medical conditions to attack a woman”

:rofl:
But her husband cooks for her proving she can’t take care of her own self and needs a him to do it for her ..yeeesh

“I can’t hold myself accountable on learning to cook/eat nutritious food so I’ll virtue signal for other overweight people instead”

Phil NJ

OT Supporter
Jun 15, 2003
Jersey Shore
But her husband cooks for her proving she can’t take care of her own self and needs a him to do it for her ..yeeesh

“I can’t hold myself accountable on learning to cook/eat nutritious food so I’ll virtue signal for other overweight people instead”
Not sure why I was personally attacked and called a liar when I didn’t personally attack her. Didn’t make fun of anyone’s weight or inability to lose weight. Just stating the truth.

Joe_Cool

Judge Judy and Executioner
OT Supporter
Jun 30, 2003
Hormones can absolutely screw up your metabolism and affect calorie burning/weight loss.
Metabolic disorders create a downward spiral of conditions that dramatically affect weight loss/maintaining a healthy weight.

Even running a caloric deficit some people, especially those with metabolic disorders, will not lose weight (bad intermittent fasting, overkill calorie cutting) will not just default result in weight loss. So those people who are struggling with weight loss grow fatigued, get poor sleep, stress, etc.
My argument is that this is not just an easy fix to tell them to eat less food and expect results. It's a compound issue with many factors.

For you to claim hormones don't play a part in weight loss/gaining weight is a joke.
Tbh that's like saying you can never put gas in your car but never run out. If you're on a calorie deficit, you WILL lose weight.

Reactions: aloe

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman