The average American woman is 5'3.5" and over 170lbs, what are you Americans eating??

Keksim

OT Supporter
Jan 16, 2012
Still has another 30 to go to be acceptable.

37347314.jpg

Tiny Dancer

May 6, 2016
I know this thread is bullshit but real talk the FDA has over the course of multiple generations FUCKED this country.

I mean for fucks sake look at this shit that they were teaching us back when the majority of people in this forum were kids:

View attachment 261542

6-11 SERVINGS OF CARBS A FUCKING DAY?!

And that's saying nothing about the food items they've approved for public consumption that can barely be considered food at all.

Compare shit like Sunny D in the US to the UK

View attachment 261543

Why in the fuck does the FDA allow for all of those additives like cornstarch and canola oil get added to our version?

This shit continues on and on:

View attachment 261545

View attachment 261546

View attachment 261547

Even our fucking ketchup:

View attachment 261548
Eat all these carbs!!!

And seriously, everyone should read labels on everything all the time and know what they mean.
Ingredients have been changing like crazy, so even on things you buy regularly, check. They're getting more and more devious with how they label ingredients too.
Preservatives, nitrates, artificial sugars and colors - stay away.
Try to make food at home as much as possible starting with the fewest, simplest ingredients.

Start making choices to avoid damaging source foods too - like palm oils and high fructose corn syrup.
Encourage manufacturers to start making food we should be eating instead.

Reactions: Jinx and amalgamas

Hisma

OT Supporter
Apr 2, 2006
Reno, NV
I know this thread is bullshit but real talk the FDA has over the course of multiple generations FUCKED this country.

I mean for fucks sake look at this shit that they were teaching us back when the majority of people in this forum were kids:

View attachment 261542

And that's saying nothing about the food items they've approved for public consumption that can barely be considered food at all.

View attachment 261543

Why in the fuck does the FDA allow for all of those additives like cornstarch and canola oil get added to our version?

View attachment 261545

View attachment 261546

View attachment 261547

View attachment 261548
god this pisses me off. as someone that is center right, i'm all for govt intervention to fix shit exactly like this. literally sacrificing lives over profit.

rcm

Bully Troll Crew
OT Supporter
Dec 30, 2004

View attachment 261542

View attachment 261543

View attachment 261545

View attachment 261546

View attachment 261547

View attachment 261548
The Froot Loops in Canada were some lame ass dull colors. Not bright vibrant colors like our American Froot Loops.

• Haha
Reactions: Jon91SE and Hisma

Tiny Dancer

May 6, 2016
god this pisses me off. as someone that is center right, i'm all for govt intervention to fix shit exactly like this. literally sacrificing lives over profit.
And causes lack of confidence in government in general.
I mean, it's just bullshit and serves no purpose except to turn people into corn-sugar addicted, slobbering morons.

amalgamas

OT Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Somewhere, AZ
Honestly the FDA needs to be disbanded and rebuilt from the ground up, they're either too powerful in some places or complete lame ducks in others thanks to lobbying, corruption, and lack of proper oversight.

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017

View attachment 261542

View attachment 261543

View attachment 261545

View attachment 261546

View attachment 261547

View attachment 261548

i assume most of those images are meant to highlight the HFCS? a lot of the extra text is just more required information, like in the yogurt where it lists the names of the cultures but in the UK version it just says "yogurt."

the corn subsidies and lobbyists are a big reason why there's so much HFCS in america, the corruption runs all the way down

Reactions: 6SpeedTA95

Grape_Ape

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2003
The A

View attachment 261542

View attachment 261543

View attachment 261545

View attachment 261546

View attachment 261547

View attachment 261548
You don’t get a nice corporate board Gig at one of the big food companies but not approving things

• Sad
Reactions: amalgamas

amalgamas

OT Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Somewhere, AZ
i assume most of those images are meant to highlight the HFCS? a lot of the extra text is just more required information, like in the yogurt where it lists the names of the cultures but in the UK version it just says "yogurt."

the corn subsidies and lobbyists are a big reason why there's so much HFCS in america, the corruption runs all the way down
no, it's meant to highlight the additives, HFCS are the least of the concerns.

Tiny Dancer

May 6, 2016
The fact that HFCS is sugar is not the big deal.
The big deal is HFCS is in practically everything and no one bothered to notice until it's too late.
Now almost everyone thinks food taste bad without it (and extra salt, etc). Or upset our food spoils so quickly without the preservatives.

Reactions: Mega-JC: Da Return

Remy Bressant

40 big girls and a bottle
OT Supporter
Jul 24, 2015
SoCal
This.

There are a ton of lazy ass hogs out there. They get 100s of likes social media but think that they're hot shit.

They're 5'3, 170lbs, living in an apartment, 10+ year old car and a cracked iPhone screen.

Perpetually single and demanding 6'2 and $500k

iM sINgle bY ChOicE!!! 🤡
Man you sound really not mad or incelish at all

amalgamas

OT Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Somewhere, AZ
You don’t get a nice corporate board Gig at one of the big food companies but not approving things
I wonder if anyone's ever done a truly exhaustive list of government officials that have gone from positions of authority to the corporate world that they used to hold power over and just how dark and sad it would be. :sad2:

Boots

I'm wearing a disguise
Jul 2, 2001
🇨🇦

View attachment 261542

View attachment 261543

View attachment 261545

View attachment 261546

View attachment 261547

View attachment 261548

I remember the first time I went to Wendy's in Florida. They handed me my 'large' coke and I thought it was a joke or something. It was enough coke for a family of five 😂

amalgamas

OT Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Somewhere, AZ
I remember the first time I went to Wendy's in Florida. They handed me my 'large' coke and I thought it was a joke or something. It was enough coke for a family of five 😂
One of these days I'm going to do an actual calculation on how many calories I've cut out of my diet since I've stopped drinking soda entirely, cause I used to drink at least 12oz of soda a day, every day, at a minimum. :rofl:

Reactions: Boots

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mohamedali2022