The average American woman is 5'3.5" and over 170lbs, what are you Americans eating??

amalgamas

OT Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Somewhere, AZ
We get the $5 plastic carton of mixed greens pretty regularly (when my greens are not growing) and it lasts for a few days of salad mains and sides. It's a good deal.
But salad greens are one of the most expensive and profitable veg industries out there right now.

I'm excited for fall/winter so I can have reliable greens at all times now.
I really want to start building up my aquaponics stuff but I've gotta get the addition done on my house before I'll have the room to get that done. Then I won't be held to the whims of nature outside the house. :rofl:

Reactions: Tiny Dancer

Tiny Dancer

OT Supporter
May 6, 2016
I really want to start building up my aquaponics stuff but I've gotta get the addition done on my house before I'll have the room to get that done. Then I won't be held to the whims of nature outside the house. :rofl:
It's weird but I don't want the food in my house. I have enough houseplants.
But yeah, everything except my perpetual spinach and swiss chard bolted like crazy this last month or so. I am so happy to get Chinese cabbages, arugula, baby spinach, lettuce...it's going to be awesome.
A lot of work to do though. I still have to clean up summer garden and rip out tomatoes.

Reactions: Jinx

Jinx

forever sugarplum
Sep 25, 2005
Indianapolis, Indiana
hope everyone made time for healthy food choices at lunch today :x:
i made this, and it was fucking delicious :o i'm probably going to make a bigger batch to portion out next week to have on hand even though it was super quick to make (less than a half hour)

aloe

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2002
Dallas, Tejas
Tacos are healthy ... right?
:yum:
i made this, and it was fucking delicious :o i'm probably going to make a bigger batch to portion out next week to have on hand even though it was super quick to make (less than a half hour)

Lunch :nod:
E2E075CA-5F73-41D2-80B3-7EFD9277CC40.jpeg

amalgamas

OT Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Somewhere, AZ

homemadegrilledchickensandwichleftovers.jpg :rofl:

Jinx

forever sugarplum
Sep 25, 2005
Indianapolis, Indiana
homemadegrilledchickensandwichleftovers.jpg :rofl:
i'm still getting used to cooking meat since my husband and i aren't living together at the moment (he moved up to lafayette to go to purdue for the next couple years). he's a pescetarian/vegetarian, so i've always just leaned into that for what i cook, but with him being gone, it's so nice to prep chicken breasts or some other sort of quick protein :o

Reactions: amalgamas

SlickStick

Apr 7, 2002
Orlando, FL

Average waist for an American woman is 38.7 inches??
It's because there's so many fucking simps out there these slobs get to let themselves go and still get fought over. Dude life sucks.

SlickStick

Apr 7, 2002
Orlando, FL
i'm still getting used to cooking meat since my husband and i aren't living together at the moment (he moved up to lafayette to go to purdue for the next couple years). he's a pescetarian/vegetarian, so i've always just leaned into that for what i cook, but with him being gone, it's so nice to prep chicken breasts or some other sort of quick protein :o
Do you mind that he's hanging out with these girls while you learn your way around the kitchen?

62d21b24a8980973fc5e24ce07b180b0.jpg

• Clown
  • Haha
Reactions: Tiberium and Simple

Jon91SE

These hoes ain’t loyal
OT Supporter
Mar 31, 2004
FL
But you think these metrics are just a problem with self-control? You have to know how ignorant most of us are.

Most people don't know basic nutrition and eat whatever they think they're supposed to eat.
I wonder what is the percentage of American adults believe juice is healthy because it's made of fruit?
Or steamed white rice is a great filler for most meals? Giant piles of spaghetti?
Or cheap carbs like rice and pasta are what most families in this country can readily afford to feed themselves.

Picking a random lunch location. Most people wouldn't consider this "fast food" due to the marketing campaigns over the past few decades.
Link: Subway Facts

Subway serves about 5,300 sandwiches every 60 seconds, which is roughly 320,000 sandwiches every hour.
Subway is the world’s largest fast food chain. With nearly 44,000 restaurants in 110 countries, it has more locations than McDonald's.
A 2012 study conducted by UCLA and other research centers found that kids and young adults (ages 12 to 21) consumed roughly the same amount of calories eating a meal at Subway or McDonald's. They ultimately overate at both. Calorie counts were based off of the nutritional information provided on each company’s website. The study also revealed that on average, McDonald’s sandwiches tend to be less caloric than Subway’s (572 vs. 784 calories).

Do most people know Subway is just as bad as McDonalds? Or do they believe they are making a healthier choice by getting a sandwich instead of a burger?

Regardless, it probably doesn't matter to you since it's still individual responsibility to learn these things on their own. But it would be a lot easier if these people were not being actively lied to by marketing and media, or maybe given actual health and nutrition education in the first place.
What should matter is these obese people are creating huge strains on our health systems and society in general. I don't want to go to a rack of clothing and have to sift through a dozen different XL+ sizes to find a regular size. I don't want to sit next to a large person on any kind of transportation (airplane, etc). I don't want my friends and loved ones to get diabetes, heart disease, high-blood pressure and colon cancers. These things should matter to you because they matter to everyone.
We don’t have the ability to feed this population with “fresh” everything

That’s kind of just a reality at this point and it doesn’t get easier either

Nikuk

This simulation needs a reboot
OT Supporter
Jun 24, 2005
Buffalo, NY. Again.
Wait just a minute...
  • You two are the top fuckin posters in this thread.
  • She admittedly doesn't cook, and yet has a dozen posts pontificating on the virtues of the matter
  • He does all the cooking, is admittedly obese and on blood pressure meds, and is known for buying Stagg Chili by the pallet
This all seems more than a bit haughty, and seeing as you're 'steering the narrative' on this occasion I feel like this whole discussion thread is a good example, in part, of why we are so culturally fucked.

1664024985709.png

Reactions: Tesla Death Ray

Tiny Dancer

OT Supporter
May 6, 2016
We can’t fix everything, I know that. But we could do better for each other by being a bit more sympathetic to why everyone is so fat instead of just blaming them for being fat. There are way more factors working against them.

{hydro}

OT Supporter
Aug 1, 2005
Upstate CA
We cut our Midwest taco meat with lentils and mushrooms
Have any recommendations for prepping/cooking the lentils? I want to incorporate them into our meals. Edit: I can’t remember if we’ve ever cooked any dry bean

Last edited:

Charlie

omghi2u
OT Supporter
Jan 2, 2005
Atlanta
Wait just a minute...
  • You two are the top fuckin posters in this thread.
  • She admittedly doesn't cook, and yet has a dozen posts pontificating on the virtues of the matter
  • He does all the cooking, is admittedly obese and on blood pressure meds, and is known for buying Stagg Chili by the pallet
This all seems more than a bit haughty, and seeing as you're 'steering the narrative' on this occasion I feel like this whole discussion thread is a good example, in part, of why we are so culturally fucked.

View attachment 261985
The same thing happened in the gastric sleeve thread. There were quite a few unhealthy/very overweight people posting advice.

• Haha
Reactions: intro_vert13

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman