STYLE The buyer of my house is going through some shit....*Update - House sold!*

stevezissou

OT Supporter
Jul 15, 2009
US
E6u2NJA.jpg

• Support
Reactions: hoody and SBrooks1

stevezissou

OT Supporter
Jul 15, 2009
US
If anymore extensions get asked for either

1. Cancel the contract OR
2. Make the original $1,000 non refundable and Ask for another $1,000 non refundable earnest money. And your real estate agent gets none of that money if the deal doesn't close.

Which line of the closing statement is OT's commission going on?

No date yet. You'll be the first to know. Supposed to be the 21st.

Reactions: JohnnyBeagle

Valence

Just a dude, playing a dude, playing another dude.
OT Supporter
I wouldn't be able to make a decision here. I'd be tempted to sell to someone else, but then they could run into the same shit and postpone closing even further, but if you didn't do that this guy might flake and you ultimately have to do it anyway.

Reactions: conflayz

saabguy

Saab-free since 2013. Mortgage guru
OT Supporter
Aug 11, 2003
Loserville. Population: 1
Narrator: “they didn’t close on the 21st”

Hopefully it all goes well. If you sign any more extensions I would ask for a non-refundable deposit, and say that you are still marketing the property and taking backup offers, and if they miss another extension date, you can cancel and accept someone else. Just make sure any other offer is exceptionally strong. It makes no sense to turn away current buyer who needs another week in favor of a new buyer who will need 4-6 weeks.

TS
TS
SBrooks1

SBrooks1

@ComicConScott
OT Supporter
Nov 28, 2002
Virginia
I wouldn't be able to make a decision here. I'd be tempted to sell to someone else, but then they could run into the same shit and postpone closing even further, but if you didn't do that this guy might flake and you ultimately have to do it anyway.
Yeah that's exactly where I'm at. At this point my fingers are crossed.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448