STYLE The buyer of my house is going through some shit....*Update - House sold!*

stevezissou

OT Supporter
Jul 15, 2009
US
@stevezissou the buyer’s lender wants to close now on the 28th because apparently they’re backed up. I told my realtor hell fucking no. :mad:
Cancel or hard money time papi

28th? LMAO

You’re realtor prob has stopped working for you and started working for their commission. If you choose not to cancel get HARD money. Why wouldn’t the buyer agree to that? It will count towards purchase of the house.

If your realtor doesn’t want “hard money” added to the extension you know they stopped working for you and started working for their commission. Was your realtor working with backup offers this entire time? If they weren’t why not?

Last edited:

Normie

KungFlu Crew #002
OT Supporter
Someone doesn't understand how private school tuition FAST programs work. Parents were contributing Catholics and I was zoned for an incredibly dangerous high school so was super lucky to be able to attend. I worked part time myself to help subsidize the last year and a half when I could finally drive. Thanks for playing though.
It's amazing how people can make assumptions, I was much in the same position as you. I didn't want to go to catholic school as I knew the cost was a burden on my family, but I didn't have a choice. :hs:

• Support
Reactions: DasVWBabe

OT Supporter
Dec 27, 2007
FL
Nothing about this situation strikes me as particularly unusual or a reason to abort tbh. The loan type changing, the gifted down payment, etc happens all the time. Possibly a first time buyer you're helping out? I'd rather that than a corporation personally. Yeah, the employment switch makes things more precarious, but it happens.

OT Supporter
Dec 27, 2007
FL
Anyway, hopefully they let you push for an earlier closing date but don't let OTers make you think this deal is fucking you somehow

Reactions: SBrooks1

Sam Gamgee

Every tool is weapon if you hold it right.
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2001
Western MA
Not reading all 8 pages so you may have already answered this, but.... Didn't you just move into this house a couple of years ago? Why are you selling? Don't want laundry in the kitchen anymore?

wildflower

OT Supporter
May 17, 2002
No place for older men
Render unto Ceaser baby
I find this incredible.

You win the 100 million dollar lottery, and upfront, they take, say 50 million dollars as taxes.

You still have 50 million. You give five million to your best friend.
Now that's taxable income for him, and HE has to be 2 million.

He still has three million. He gives a million to his son.
Now that's taxable income for him, and he has to pay $400K.

• Barf
Reactions: Twinsen

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448