ART "The differences between your eyes and your camera"

EWhytsell

Jun 16, 2008
Interesting, didn't mention that in dark enviroments the human eye also switches over to its set of B/W rods/cones which means it gives up color capability for better contrast.

The shutter speed thing is also very cool, I thought I heard once that human frame rate is somewhere like 100-1000 FPS depending on the situation, and person. Maybe someone knows?

fatmoocow

bored
OT Supporter
Aug 27, 2002
the intarweb
Interesting, didn't mention that in dark enviroments the human eye also switches over to its set of B/W rods/cones which means it gives up color capability for better contrast.

The shutter speed thing is also very cool, I thought I heard once that human frame rate is somewhere like 100-1000 FPS depending on the situation, and person. Maybe someone knows?

You can actually process and be affected by images that are displayed to quickly to be consciously aware of. Psychologists use tachistoscopes to do this in experiments. You can readily recognize images at 1/100 but your brain can process images that are only say 50 ms (1/20,000) without you even being aware that you saw it. There are some claims that with training certain people can recognize strings of numbers at 1/300,000.

Wobistdu

movies are shown in theaters at 24fps

and we don't see the lag

interesting

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor