The disparity between men's sexual health and women's sexual health is astounding.

majesty

OT Supporter
Jun 6, 2003
🌍
Yeah women are treated pretty poorly by our medical system. It wasn’t until recent history that medical studies even included women.

Something fucky that always sticks out is that men and women have different presentations for heart attacks regarding where in the body you feel pain and issues. It was like 30 or less years ago then actually studied women to determine that.

It’s fucking insane.

Jon91SE

These hoes ain’t loyal
OT Supporter
Mar 31, 2004
FL
was the chair uncomfortable for you too? :o my husband bitched about it the whole time :rofl:

Well you would know if you weren’t in some top of the line crafmatic adjustable bed!

Jon91SE

These hoes ain’t loyal
OT Supporter
Mar 31, 2004
FL
Also, did you bring her to like the local veterinarian and not a real DR ?

Cause like nowhere on google does it touch on “not giving pain meds etc” and then there is also this

967F8713-3EFC-49A3-900E-F4568FF40A45.jpeg

Jon91SE

These hoes ain’t loyal
OT Supporter
Mar 31, 2004
FL
Where in that does it mention receiving pain medication?

That was different…. Everything basicallly advises to take or be provided something just prior to the procedure.

Did OP request anything or have a discussion about it?

It would almost seem abnormal for it to not be offered

the_antsy_honda

Sir, I protest...
Dec 17, 2001
California
That was different…. Everything basicallly advises to take or be provided something just prior to the procedure.

This might come across as being bitter but they didn't offer me SHIT for my snip job and when I asked about what to take for pain after they were done they kinda just shrugged at me and told me to take a Tylenol

obscure/renegade

Don't mind me.
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2004
Georgia
Don't want to have children, women? Want your tubes tied!? How about no, because you aren't "old enough" or you "might want children SOMEDAY" or "You aren't married."

Dudes want a vasectomy? "Are you sure? Okay. Here's your appt. Take these meds before you come."

Thanks for coming to my rant.
I actually went off on this subject in a different thread. It was an eye-opening experience to see how I was green-lit for my clip, knowing what other women in my life have had to go through in this regard.

Also, men, if y'all don't want kids, get a fucking vasectomy and spare your women the bullshit that is birth control. If you're too chickenshit to do it, just remember that even soft, candy-ass @the_antsy_honda nutted up (heh) and got it done.

*love you bby @the_antsy_honda

the_antsy_honda

Sir, I protest...
Dec 17, 2001
California
Do you know a lot of women with diseased vaginas that need this procedure?
200.gif

Reactions: majesty

the_antsy_honda

Sir, I protest...
Dec 17, 2001
California
I actually went off on this subject in a different thread. It was an eye-opening experience to see how I was green-lit for my clip, knowing what other women in my life have had to go through in this regard.

Also, men, if y'all don't want kids, get a fucking vasectomy and spare your women the bullshit that is birth control. If you're too chickenshit to do it, just remember that even soft, candy-ass @the_antsy_honda nutted up (heh) and got it done.

*love you bby @the_antsy_honda
:kiss:

• Support
Reactions: obscure/renegade

Mperor

I flow like butterbeer on Diagon streets
OT Supporter
Jun 9, 2003
Seattle
well documented that women and minorities pain is taken less seriously in all sorts of clinical settings.

That being said, I don't think there is a need for anything more than a paracervical block (local anesthesia) for a colpo.

Reactions: Fifafever and Jinx
TS
TS
BStork

BStork

Suck My Beak From The Back™️
OT Supporter
Apr 28, 2007
Where in that does it mention receiving pain medication?

So the thing you mentioned doesn't mention anything about pain meds and then also downplays the pain level of the procedure, which is in line with what I said in my first post....and you're still just doubling down?

Reactions: Jinx
TS
TS
BStork

BStork

OT Supporter
Apr 28, 2007
well documented that women and minorities pain is taken less seriously in all sorts of clinical settings.

That being said, I don't think there is a need for anything more than a paracervical block (local anesthesia) for a colpo.

As I understand it, women have to request that.

Jon91SE

These hoes ain’t loyal
OT Supporter
Mar 31, 2004
FL
:rofl:

You really think they're being honest about the expectations?

I just come from a sort of guarded place with the field in general and more often then not I simply lack any initial trust. I now dig into everything, ask questions, get other opinions, and challenge things that seem off or not clarified to my liking. Most of this stems from a terrible situation involving my son and the ER and subsequent stay :/

Its crazy because you sort of grow up under this impression a DR knows all, cant make a mistake, be lazy or rushed, or driven by motivations outside of you or a loved ones overall condition ......

borazhasleftthebuilding

half black lives matter, too
OT Supporter
Feb 11, 2005
in da forest
this is really easy to splain

and the women wont like it....

but its because men wouldnt do the procedure otherwise

women are far more forward thinking and care for their bodies, so the doctors dont have to do anything special to get their money

men will do it under best circumstances

its not aboot the patriarchy, its aboot getting more customers

its aboot MONEY

TS
TS
BStork

BStork

OT Supporter
Apr 28, 2007
My wife offers it for all the ones she does :dunno:

Time to find a better pcp/gyn?

Oh no, my wife's Dr. is FANTASTIC.

This is more a general commentary I guess on how different it is for men vs women.

Jinx

OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2005
Indianapolis, Indiana
My wife offers it for all the ones she does :dunno:

Time to find a better pcp/gyn?
maybe your wife is more forward thinking than a lot of practitioners. it's only been in the last five or six years that i've really heard people talking about the pain openly.

my (female) obgyn didn't mention anything aside from suggesting i take an ibuprofen before i went in :dunno: considering what's going on, that seemed pretty unhelpful. the pain during and after was relative to my ruptured ectopic that i had a couple years later.

Mperor

I flow like butterbeer on Diagon streets
OT Supporter
Jun 9, 2003
Seattle
I just come from a sort of guarded place with the field in general and more often then not I simply lack any initial trust. I now dig into everything, ask questions, get other opinions, and challenge things that seem off or not clarified to my liking. Most of this stems from a terrible situation involving my son and the ER and subsequent stay :/

Its crazy because you sort of grow up under this impression a DR knows all, cant make a mistake, be lazy or rushed, or driven by motivations outside of you or a loved ones overall condition ......
Doctors are human too. To assume that we aren't prone to error, knowledge gaps, decreased compassion, just because of the title we hold is strange.

Jon91SE

These hoes ain’t loyal
OT Supporter
Mar 31, 2004
FL
maybe your wife is more forward thinking than a lot of practitioners. it's only been in the last five or six years that i've really heard people talking about the pain openly.

my (female) obgyn didn't mention anything aside from suggesting i take an ibuprofen before i went in :dunno: considering what's going on, that seemed pretty unhelpful. the pain during and after was relative to my ruptured ectopic that i had a couple years later.
Bite into this stick you wench!

And fix your makeup before you walk back out

• Haha
Reactions: kitty

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.2 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jexic84026