The disparity between men's sexual health and women's sexual health is astounding.

Jinx

forever sugarplum
OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2005
Indianapolis, Indiana
I just come from a sort of guarded place with the field in general and more often then not I simply lack any initial trust. I now dig into everything, ask questions, get other opinions, and challenge things that seem off or not clarified to my liking. Most of this stems from a terrible situation involving my son and the ER and subsequent stay :/

Its crazy because you sort of grow up under this impression a DR knows all, cant make a mistake, be lazy or rushed, or driven by motivations outside of you or a loved ones overall condition ......
the ER doc who removed my ruptured fallopian tube forgot to leave orders for pain medication after surgery before he went home for the night :o i got to recover with ice packs. that was fuckin SWELL.

he got back a couple hours later and went sheet white when he realized what he did. :o

Jon91SE

These hoes ain’t loyal
OT Supporter
Mar 31, 2004
FL
Doctors are human too. To assume that we aren't prone to error, knowledge gaps, decreased compassion, just because of the title we hold is strange.
I get that, and also what seems to be an overwhelming workload at even basic DR offices

That can lead to issues in any field but i am just cognizant of it and tuned in more than before I suppose. I’m not rude or confrontational but don’t sit mute and nod my head and just rely on odds

Mperor

I flow like butterbeer on Diagon streets
OT Supporter
Jun 9, 2003
Seattle
the ER doc who removed my ruptured fallopian tube forgot to leave orders for pain medication after surgery before he went home for the night :o i got to recover with ice packs. that was fuckin SWELL.

he got back a couple hours later and went sheet white when he realized what he did. :o
woah.

No ER doc operated on you slanderous hussy :o

Direct your complaints to the correct specialty plz

Jimmycrackcorn

Aug 6, 2005
My wife was telling me about a colposcopy. It's a procedure where they use an alligator clamp type device to pinch of a piece of a woman's cervix. Most of the time, they aren't offered any sort of anything for pain.

Men get every accommodation possible. Coming in for a voluntary, out patient procedure aka Vasectomy? Here a valium bro to help you deal with your nerves.

Women going in for a potentially life saving exam where pieces of their insides are pinched off? Deal with it.

Don't want to have children, women? Want your tubes tied!? How about no, because you aren't "old enough" or you "might want children SOMEDAY" or "You aren't married."

Dudes want a vasectomy? "Are you sure? Okay. Here's your appt. Take these meds before you come."

Thanks for coming to my rant.
Wait.... You're married?

• Haha
Reactions: Sp33dealer

borazhasleftthebuilding

half black lives matter, too
OT Supporter
Feb 11, 2005
in da forest
I get that, and also what seems to be an overwhelming workload at even basic DR offices

That can lead to issues in any field but i am just cognizant of it and tuned in more than before I suppose. I’m not rude or confrontational but don’t sit mute and nod my head and just rely on odds
GR$$D

hire more staff and do a better job

its really that simple

stevezissou

OT Supporter
Jul 15, 2009
US
ofU9gef.jpg

borazhasleftthebuilding

half black lives matter, too
OT Supporter
Feb 11, 2005
in da forest
its the same with painless or sedation dentistry

shit didnt exist when i was a kid

but was available in my 20s, and my work benefits covered it, so giddyup

dentists arent providing it to be nice, they provide it to get more customers.

its really that simple

Reactions: Diesel66

Jinx

forever sugarplum
OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2005
Indianapolis, Indiana
Doctors are human too. To assume that we aren't prone to error, knowledge gaps, decreased compassion, just because of the title we hold is strange.
my experience has been that most doctors DO expect to be treated differently though, even if it's subconscious. they don't like to be questioned on their decisions, and it's rare for a doctor to admit to a knowledge gap or acknowledge a lapse in compassion. sure, those things happen. yes, doctors are human, but so many of them put up an artificial wall of knowledge, experience, and medical school debt that it's hard to see them that way most of the time. :hs: it's gotten easier to speak up as i've gotten older and am closer in age to the doctors i'm seeing, but it's still a challenge. it was nearly impossible to do as a much younger woman with a geriatric male obgyn back in high school/early college.

and please... please please please don't take this the wrong way-- i've been extremely troll-y lately, and this isn't from that place.

TheEvil1

Hell is other people
OT Supporter
Jul 4, 2003
BFE NY
Dudes want a vasectomy? "Are you sure? Okay. Here's your appt. Take these meds before you come."

Thanks for coming to my rant.
this is actually false, if you are young its a PITA finding someone to do it because "you may want kids later"

Tiny Dancer

OT Supporter
May 6, 2016
The putting in the IUD was not my issue.
It was the removing it when the OBGYN yanked the shit and couldn't get it out.
It was the only time I legit screamed and cried during any pain. Then he sprayed something, probably lidocaine, on my pristine girl bits and it felt like he poured acid on me.

It was not a good time.

the_antsy_honda

Sir, I protest...
Dec 17, 2001
California
It was the only time I legit screamed and cried during any pain. Then he sprayed something, probably lidocaine, on my pristine girl bits and it felt like he poured acid on me.

It was not a good time.
that was @JacksonWhite trying to disinfect your disease i think

Jon91SE

These hoes ain’t loyal
OT Supporter
Mar 31, 2004
FL
@BStork : honey you’re a bit shaken up but you will feel perfectly normal tomorrow I took care of everything for you

Wife: I dunno, just have the strangest feeling the procedure wasn’t as planned

Also wife after:
FdNGyklWQAEtiZQ

Jimmycrackcorn

Aug 6, 2005

It was not a good time.
Were you given Cytotek for dilation?

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.2 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
digimarkactanza