The disparity between men's sexual health and women's sexual health is astounding.

Mperor

I flow like butterbeer on Diagon streets
OT Supporter
Jun 9, 2003
Seattle
I often wonder why men go into OB and women into urology. I figure it's money or something.

or is it "I need a specialty" dartboard?
Uh. Perhaps they are interested in that specialty? Perhaps some male doctors love being part of the happiest moments in some people's lives?

Perhaps some women really like looking at dicks and balls all day?

Mperor

I flow like butterbeer on Diagon streets
OT Supporter
Jun 9, 2003
Seattle
@Mperor professional insight....do you know a lot of opposite gender OB/Urologists, and have they talked about why they chose their fields?
Real talk though. Most OBs, men and women, choose the field because having a child is one of the few moments in a patient's life when they are happy to be getting medical care.

Reactions: the_antsy_honda

Tiny Dancer

May 6, 2016
would never want to go into OB..... imagine all the fat nasty poon you'd have to get elbow deep in
OBGYNs have to do everything. I mean during pregnancy they're the only doctors I saw. Other docs will not touch you if you're pregnant.
When we were in a car accident and I was 2 weeks until due date, the ER doc checked me out as quick as possible and could not wait to get me to the OBGYN. I didn't get a heartbeat/health confirmation until I was admitted and spoke with the OBGYN.

So in general, they're kind of like super doctors in that way. Taking care of me, pregnant me and baby inside me. It's a lot.

But until recently they've all been pretty disappointing.

Reactions: Jinx

Jimmycrackcorn

Aug 6, 2005
OBGYNs have to do everything. I mean during pregnancy they're the only doctors I saw. Other docs will not touch you if you're pregnant.
When we were in a car accident and I was 2 weeks until due date, the ER doc checked me out as quick as possible and could not wait to get me to the OBGYN. I didn't get a heartbeat/health confirmation until I was admitted and spoke with the OBGYN.

So in general, they're kind of like super doctors in that way. Taking care of me, pregnant me and baby inside me. It's a lot.

But until recently they've all been pretty disappointing.
normalize interviewing doctors for compatibility

Reactions: Tiny Dancer

Tiny Dancer

May 6, 2016
Dinner time conversations at Mperor's

Wife: I delivered the cutest little baby today! The mom and the dad both cried! It was so sweet.

Me: One of my patient's died suddenly and then I had to dig poop out of a guys butt who was constipated.
To be fair she's probably had to get plenty of poop out of plenty of butts too. :rofl:
But yes hopefully less death. :hs:

the_antsy_honda

Sir, I protest...
Dec 17, 2001
California
Dinner time conversations at Mperor's

Wife: I delivered the cutest little baby today! The mom and the dad both cried! It was so sweet.

Me: One of my patient's died suddenly and then I had to dig poop out of a guys butt who was constipated.
Did the guy cry when you finally birthed the poop? See, your jobs aren't so different

Reactions: TheProwler

sp00n155

You underestimate the insignificance of my penis
OT Supporter
Jan 30, 2006
Bisbee, AZ
Aren’t vasectomies considerably easier to reverse than tubal ligation?
Yes and no. The somewhat dubious alligator clips on your tube style vasectomy that has a chance of coming undone autonomously is easy. The cut and cauterize style I got is potentially reversible but likely to not take and very very expensive to attempt.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mohamedali2022