The disparity between men's sexual health and women's sexual health is astounding.

turbo35

haters gonna hate
May 8, 2001
Seattle-ish, WA
My wife was telling me about a colposcopy. It's a procedure where they use an alligator clamp type device to pinch of a piece of a woman's cervix. Most of the time, they aren't offered any sort of anything for pain.

Men get every accommodation possible. Coming in for a voluntary, out patient procedure aka Vasectomy? Here a valium bro to help you deal with your nerves.

Women going in for a potentially life saving exam where pieces of their insides are pinched off? Deal with it.

Don't want to have children, women? Want your tubes tied!? How about no, because you aren't "old enough" or you "might want children SOMEDAY" or "You aren't married."

Dudes want a vasectomy? "Are you sure? Okay. Here's your appt. Take these meds before you come."

Thanks for coming to my rant.
What meds did they tell you to take? :hmm:

Mperor

I flow like butterbeer on Diagon streets
OT Supporter
Jun 9, 2003
Seattle
In my experience it's exclusively Patels

Which is great cause they're already familiar with tiny dicks so when I get mine out they aren't surprised or anything
Bro medicine is nearly all Patels :rofl:

TS
TS
BStork

BStork

Suck My Beak From The Back™️
OT Supporter
Apr 28, 2007
When people see me, they are having a bad day, sometimes the worst day of their life :hs:

Funny enough, I have a good friend that's an RN in ICU, spent lots of time in the ER, etc.

If you recognize him from the hospital, chances are you had some rough shit happen and he might have saved / helped save your life.

Jinx

OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2005
Indianapolis, Indiana
If you are in a monogamous relationship and are done having kids it should be the guy getting the vasectomy every single time. Only exception would be if the woman has a planned c-section for her last pregnancy and wants her tubes tide when they are in there anyway.
i didn't give them a chance to say no for half of my tubes :rofl:

Tiny Dancer

May 6, 2016
If you are in a monogamous relationship and are done having kids it should be the guy getting the vasectomy every single time. Only exception would be if the woman has a planned c-section for her last pregnancy and wants her tubes tide when they are in there anyway.
This was an option at the time, but SOMEONE said he might want a third kid, and SOMEONE said she did.
DaringPerkyFawn-max-1mb.gif

Jinx

OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2005
Indianapolis, Indiana
Yeah that blows. But hey at least you're alive.
for sure, and if it hadn't been for the folks there that night, i probably wouldn't be :hs: i also didn't want to be pregnant or have another kid, so by the time i was talking to the doc about what was going to have to happen, i had already gotten a ton of pain meds and wouldn't let me consent to getting the second one taken out while they were in there because i definitely asked :rofl:

i will give that entire department props for taking me seriously because i drove myself there and really didn't have more of a description than "it feels like cramps, but also kind of like labor?"

Mperor

OT Supporter
Jun 9, 2003
Seattle
for sure, and if it hadn't been for the folks there that night, i probably wouldn't be :hs: i also didn't want to be pregnant or have another kid, so by the time i was talking to the doc about what was going to have to happen, i had already gotten a ton of pain meds and wouldn't let me consent to getting the second one taken out while they were in there because i definitely asked :rofl:

i will give that entire department props for taking me seriously because i drove myself there and really didn't have more of a description than "it feels like cramps, but also kind of like labor?"
Bummer but makes total sense. If they sterilized you and it was found out they consented youbwhen you were all high on dilaudid you'd probably own that hospital.

Or at least get a wing named after you :o

Reactions: Jinx

Jinx

OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2005
Indianapolis, Indiana
Bummer but makes total sense. If they sterilized you and it was found out they consented youbwhen you were all high on dilaudid you'd probably own that hospital.

Or at least get a wing named after you :o
oh, i totally understand, and the doc who did my emergency surgery was more than happy to do the second surgery a few weeks later. he also helped me dig through family history to get insurance to cover the second tube being removed as "preventative" :rofl: i've sent a good amount of people his way to get it done because he's pretty awesome in regards to women's health. it sucked when his office went out of network with my insurance, but :shrug: i get it, i guess

stevezissou

OT Supporter
Jul 15, 2009
US
Luck of the draw I guess, but I think how happy I am to be born a guy on a daily basis
This woman thought men had all the "privilege" well she pretended to be a man in several scenarios and she realized men don't have it easier at all.

Mperor

OT Supporter
Jun 9, 2003
Seattle
This woman thought men had all the "privilege" well she pretended to be a man in several scenarios and she realized men don't have it easier at all.

Going way back to an 15 year old episode 20/20?

My brother...

• Haha
Reactions: kitty

kitty

Uppity ass cat-changing name from kitty to Karen
OT Supporter
Jul 23, 2004
Purgatory
well documented that women and minorities pain is taken less seriously in all sorts of clinical settings.

That being said, I don't think there is a need for anything more than a paracervical block (local anesthesia) for a colpo.
Wait, women can get a local?

Are we talking about the stick with the snip to see if lumps are cancer?

Reactions: Jinx

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.2 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jexic84026