The disparity between men's sexual health and women's sexual health is astounding.

kitty

Uppity ass cat-changing name from kitty to Karen
OT Supporter
Jul 23, 2004
Purgatory
You might learn something if you read.

Gay/Lesbian author tried to live as a man, realized it wasn't easy at all. She even wrote a book about it. Check it out.

Funny, because a bunch of transgender accounts I follow talk about how transitioning to a man made their lives easier as far as career and respect. Other accounts talk about how transitions to women was shocking because they didn’t get the same respect, had to worry about violence more and faced more discrimination.

As far as this thread goes, if men bleed once a month, tampons would be free, men would be looked at strong for enduring the pain and better pain meds would be invented.

Reactions: emanuel and Jinx

Scoob_13

Hello Nice FBI Lady
Oct 5, 2001
Howdy Arabia
Funny, because a bunch of transgender accounts I follow talk about how transitioning to a man made their lives easier as far as career and respect. Other accounts talk about how transitions to women was shocking because they didn’t get the same respect, had to worry about violence more and faced more discrimination.

As far as this thread goes, if men bleed once a month, tampons would be free, men would be looked at strong for enduring the pain and better pain meds would be invented.
Don't hate the player.

• Haha
Reactions: kitty

Scoob_13

Hello Nice FBI Lady
Oct 5, 2001
Howdy Arabia

Also 100% true.

Fun story: was getting burned out at a previous job and convinced my boss and our CIO to open another position equal to mine, so it was a new spot at the same skill level, and HR/them should have done a pay scale parity analysis to make sure market rate minus their assholitude was taken into account. Find this *amazing* woman to fill the spot, she was awesome, I fucking loved her and how great she was.

Found out when I left they started her at *wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy* under what I made. All because of my sexist boss who offered her less so he'd look good, and she was in a tough spot and took it.

When I talked to the CIO before walking out the door, I told him she knew what I was making and that he would be wise to pay her what she's worth, which is more than I was making :rofl:

• Support

Tiny Dancer

OT Supporter
May 6, 2016
Also 100% true.

Fun story: was getting burned out at a previous job and convinced my boss and our CIO to open another position equal to mine, so it was a new spot at the same skill level, and HR/them should have done a pay scale parity analysis to make sure market rate minus their assholitude was taken into account. Find this *amazing* woman to fill the spot, she was awesome, I fucking loved her and how great she was.

Found out when I left they started her at *wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy* under what I made. All because of my sexist boss who offered her less so he'd look good, and she was in a tough spot and took it.

When I talked to the CIO before walking out the door, I told him she knew what I was making and that he would be wise to pay her what she's worth, which is more than I was making :rofl:
This surprised me 0%.

zedekias

Feb 27, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
My wife was telling me about a colposcopy. It's a procedure where they use an alligator clamp type device to pinch of a piece of a woman's cervix. Most of the time, they aren't offered any sort of anything for pain.

Men get every accommodation possible. Coming in for a voluntary, out patient procedure aka Vasectomy? Here a valium bro to help you deal with your nerves.

Women going in for a potentially life saving exam where pieces of their insides are pinched off? Deal with it.

Don't want to have children, women? Want your tubes tied!? How about no, because you aren't "old enough" or you "might want children SOMEDAY" or "You aren't married."

Dudes want a vasectomy? "Are you sure? Okay. Here's your appt. Take these meds before you come."

Thanks for coming to my rant.

I had no Valium for my vasectomy. And we do lap salpingectomies for sterilization all the time. :hsughno:

zedekias

Feb 27, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
Also every time a doctor puts their hands in there

"OK. You're going to feel a bit of pressure..."

I always have ibuprofen with a pain killer before those appointments now.

When I worked at teaching hospitals it was pretty common place for a team of an attending, residents and med students to finger blast the patient to feel the cervix or whatever else.

This was always under anesthesia and that was definitely never on the consent. I hated it.

kitty

OT Supporter
Jul 23, 2004
Purgatory
Also 100% true.

Not surprising but really glad you told her!!

The issue with that video and book cited is it’s BS. Like when skinny people put on fat suits or whites put on black face to see how the other side lives.They can always take it off and don’t experience, the nuances of daily life 24/7.

Lol @ asking girls out is hard! I hope she and her girlfriend never breakup or she’s in trouble 👀

I could pick it apart but I’m tired and don’t know if this is the thread.

zedekias

Feb 27, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
it's somehow gotten easier to request/get salpingectomies than tubal ligations over the last decade

is there a reasons for that? :o
Honestly not sure. I normally do orthopedics these days. It might just be easier and failure rates have got to be non existant. :dunno:

Reactions: Jinx

Scoob_13

Hello Nice FBI Lady
Oct 5, 2001
Howdy Arabia
Not surprising but really glad you told her!!

The issue with that video and book cited is it’s BS. Like when skinny people put on fat suits or whites put on black face to see how the other side lives.They can always take it off and don’t experience, the nuances of daily life 24/7.

Lol @ asking girls out is hard! I hope she and her girlfriend never breakup or she’s in trouble 👀

I could pick it apart but I’m tired and don’t know if this is the thread.
Yeah don't pick it apart. There's no SRS tag :o

As for telling her...I was real blunt with her when I was leaving that I was going to poach her, and I tried multiple times :rofl:

They bumped her pay about 2 months later, and she decided to stick around because of a particular benefit that was worth quite a bit for her situation :o

• Support

kitty

OT Supporter
Jul 23, 2004
Purgatory
Yeah don't pick it apart. There's no SRS tag :o

As for telling her...I was real blunt with her when I was leaving that I was going to poach her, and I tried multiple times :rofl:

They bumped her pay about 2 months later, and she decided to stick around because of a particular benefit that was worth quite a bit for her situation :o
That’s amazing you did that. Long story but years ago a friend recruited me and told me what he was making. It was $10,000 more than me for the same position and I had more experience. So when they asked how much I was making and expected…I got that 10,000 👀

• Love
Reactions: Jinx and Scoob_13

TheProwler

OT Supporter
Aug 18, 2002
When I worked at teaching hospitals it was pretty common place for a team of an attending, residents and med students to finger blast the patient to feel the cervix or whatever else.

This was always under anesthesia and that was definitely never on the consent. I hated it.
it's specifically on the Gyn consent at our hospital now. I only did a handful of pelvics under anesthesia, and only on cases where I was scrubbing/assisting anyway. I do think it should be explained in general terms in advance, but we don't tell people all sorts of embarrassing stuff before surgery. "So for your sigmoid resection, wait until you see the rectal dilators and the size of the EEA stapler we're going to shove up your anus!"

victor77

Internet Crew
OT Supporter
Mar 13, 2011
Internets
Did not read this whole thread......but I know enough to be glad I don't have to deal with woman doctor shit.

Also don't want to get my shit snipped, that sounds horrible.

borazhasleftthebuilding

half black lives matter, too
OT Supporter
Feb 11, 2005
in da forest
That’s amazing you did that. Long story but years ago a friend recruited me and told me what he was making. It was $10,000 more than me for the same position and I had more experience. So when they asked how much I was making and expected…I got that 10,000 👀
look how easy that was

Mperor

I flow like butterbeer on Diagon streets
OT Supporter
Jun 9, 2003
Seattle

Yo, what the fuck?

That never happened where i went to med school or trained in residency. My first pelvic exam was done on a paid model and during my ob gyn rotation all the patients were explicitly asked if the med student could do the exam.

Plenty of them said "hell no"

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.2 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
digimarkactanza