FIT The greatest deadlift of all time *vid*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Pelham

:dunno: some people can hit big weights like that but you 5-10 more pounds and it doesn't leave the floor....

True. I believe it to be 95% mental when this happens. i've moved 685 and when I jumped to 700 it didn't budge. I knew in my head I failed before I touched the weight.

TS
TS
NUDES

NUDES

May 19, 2007
incredible lift, I actually watched that on youtube like 2 days ago

and what do you mean by more "lax rules"?

well, back then the PL judging was overall much more strict. nowadays there is always controversy about lifts.. look on youtube/PLwatch for donnie thompsons WR total. his last deadlift to set the record isn't close to being locked out.. its stuff like that

GTLifter

Banned
Feb 28, 2005
Durty Durty ATL Niggah
well, back then the PL judging was overall much more strict. nowadays there is always controversy about lifts.. look on youtube/PLwatch for donnie thompsons WR total. his last deadlift to set the record isn't close to being locked out.. its stuff like that
:werd:

one of the downsides to competeing in PL...

One of the guys at my gym is always running is mouth about shit and thinks he is a better lifter then me. He did a meet recently and put up a smaller total at a higher weightclass. So I sent him a text saying "Congrats on the 600 bench but still having a smaller total." His response was "Judging on squats was strict, any other meet I would have totaled 2175." So he basically admits he gets gifts and is fine with it.

TS
TS
NUDES

NUDES

May 19, 2007
i also have a feeling a lot of judging problems come from 2 ply gear with breifs, etc. people always say that USAPL/IPF is too strict.. but USPF doesnt have any judging issues and it's single ply.

2 ply equipment and the rules really cause some problems i think. super super wide stance squats, super super slow descents on squats, belly benching, lockout issues w/ 2 ply shirts, etc..

and the main problem is that in the 2 ply feds there really is just flat out no consistency amongst any fed. one month the IPA has great judging the next it's horrible. same with the UPA, APF, etc. USAPL/IPF is just flat out strict but at least you can expect some sort of consistency.. too bad their meets are :sleep:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor