SPORTS the next mma movie that will get a wide release: WARRIOR

adrenalin112

Dec 30, 2003
SoCal --> Tempe
For the HD trailer:
http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/lions_gate/warrior/

Synopsis

Rising stars Tom Hardy and Joel Edgerton command the screen as two estranged brothers facing the fight of a lifetime in Lionsgate's WARRIOR, a moving, inspirational action drama from acclaimed director Gavin O'Connor (MIRACLE). Haunted by a tragic past, ex-Marine Tommy Conlon (Hardy) returns home for the first time in fourteen years to enlist the help of his father (Nick Nolte) to train for SPARTA, the biggest winner-takes-all event in mixed martial arts history. A former wrestling prodigy, Tommy blazes a path toward the championship while his brother, Brendan (Edgerton), an ex-fighter-turned teacher, returns to the ring in a desperate bid to save his family from financial ruin. But when Brendan's unlikely, underdog rise sets him on a collision course with the unstoppable Tommy, the two brothers must finally confront each other and the forces that pulled them apart, facing off in the most soaring, soul stirring, and unforgettable climax that must be seen to be believed. A rousing ode to redemption, reconciliation and the power of the human spirit, WARRIOR is also a moving testament to the enduring bonds of family.
[y]bwgG6OfW7Yo[/y]

Last edited:
TS
TS
adrenalin112

adrenalin112

Dec 30, 2003
SoCal --> Tempe
its nice that it has more depth and doesnt try to get caught up in the mysticism of martial arts the way Red Belt did. also, it thankfully doesnt come off with the insanely high-level of douche factor that never back down had. with that said, its still a lionsgate production so its guaranteed to have loads of plot holes.

SubOptimal

Jun 27, 2002
Finally looks like there's going to be an MMA movie worth watching, but the whole "brothers fighting for the belt" in the end seems like it's going to ruin it.

seanjohn

i like to lurk, so DIAF
OT Supporter
Oct 14, 2004
I almost thought the movie was about Rich Franklin when I first saw the trailer.

ZSPTurbo

Dec 18, 2008
Finally looks like there's going to be an MMA movie worth watching, but the whole "brothers fighting for the belt" in the end seems like it's going to ruin it.
saw a screening last night. I recommend it!

Sometimes movie trailers make you think you've got the movie figured out, but it's just a fake storyline they've created through clever editing for the trailer. I don't think it's unreasonable to imagine that scene could NOT be the climax of the movie. Maybe it's a flashback. Maybe it's in the middle, and it's what compels one brother to train the other. Maybe someone in this thread could subtly hint at it for us without giving it away :coolugh:

Shalashaska

Neither Enemy Nor Friend
Mar 9, 2009
La Li Lu Le Lo
P.S. at 1:16 you see that Kurt Angle is playing an MMA fighter.

i was telling to myself if kurt angle was 10-15 yrs younger and didnt have a broken neck and riddled with such injuries over his wrestling career. he couldve been a badass LHW fighter. his wrestling is top notch, and better than brock's considering he is an olympic gold medalist winner.

Joe_Cool

Judge Judy and Executioner
OT Supporter
Jun 30, 2003
i was telling to myself if kurt angle was 10-15 yrs younger and didnt have a broken neck and riddled with such injuries over his wrestling career. he couldve been a badass LHW fighter. his wrestling is top notch, and better than brock's considering he is an olympic gold medalist winner.

I'm sure he could have been amazing.

Joe_Cool

OT Supporter
Jun 30, 2003
Watching this now. And so far I'm blown away. It's definitely not another NEVER BACK DOWN.

:bowdown:

Joe_Cool

OT Supporter
Jun 30, 2003
:rofl:

Mighty mythical undefeated russian, never fought in the US, greatest of all time? Who could that possibly be a reference to?

Bit

Aug 8, 2003
After seeing the move at 18 seconds in im laughing my ass off

really?

Joe_Cool

OT Supporter
Jun 30, 2003
After seeing the move at 18 seconds in im laughing my ass off

really?

Don't be one of those OMG THATS NOT 100% REAL fags. It's a good movie, not a training video.

Joe_Cool

OT Supporter
Jun 30, 2003
It's kind of like a remake of Tough Enough, except with MMA as the setting, instead of boxing in a toughman contest. :mamoru:

Joe_Cool

OT Supporter
Jun 30, 2003
THE TEACHER HAS NO ANSWERS!

:rofl: It's like they got Mike Goldberg to write the announcer's lines.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan