GAME The OFFICIAL Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild playthrough thread (GAME OF THE YEAR).

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
Damn.

Ocarina was the last Zelda game I played all the way through before BotW. Now I'm worried that trying to go back and play the others will feel so dated

zelda 1 and 2 felt outdated when ALttP released but ALttP will never feel outdated, it's a timeless masterpiece

OoT and MM feel horribly dated.

haven't played the gamecube games in a while but stuff from that gen isn't too bad to replay, they'd figured out how to do 3d games by then. skyward sword and the wind waker have that cartoony art style that should always look good. skyward sword needs the Wii controller + the shit the game came with to become a masterpiece tho, that game combined controls and gameplay into something special. too bad it was tarnished with the zelda style UI where dialogue boxes fill in glacially and there's too many of them making stuff like buying and upgrading a potion into a tedious lengthy experience no matter how many times you'd done it.

TS
TS
baboymo

baboymo

Have you been circumcised?
Nov 15, 2000
Bay Area, CA
Damn.

Ocarina was the last Zelda game I played all the way through before BotW. Now I'm worried that trying to go back and play the others will feel so dated

You’ve never played Twilight Princess and Wind Waker? They’re f’n great too.

SenenCito

OT Supporter
May 21, 2002
P FKN R
I finally finished this game.
took six months playing it with my six year old.

I'm blown away, there's just so much goodness and thoughtful design I can't believe how good it is.

I'm glad my son will have it as a memory of something we did together.

Sean6293

OT Supporter
Jan 11, 2006
Newburgh, NY
You’ve never played Twilight Princess and Wind Waker? They’re f’n great too.
i started twilight princess but only made it a few hours in. m,y wife played more of it than I did. never played wind waker at all. I also never played Majora's mask or any of the GC games :o

TS
TS
baboymo

baboymo

Have you been circumcised?
Nov 15, 2000
Bay Area, CA

I'm blown away, there's just so much goodness and thoughtful design I can't believe how good it is.

NAAAAISU.

Bill Clinton

President
Aug 2, 2000
Washington D.C., USA

Did the same with my 5 year old a while ago and feel the same. He and I still talk about it from time to time.

Keksimus

OT Supporter
Jan 16, 2012
zelda 1 and 2 felt outdated when ALttP released but ALttP will never feel outdated, it's a timeless masterpiece

OoT and MM feel horribly dated.

haven't played the gamecube games in a while but stuff from that gen isn't too bad to replay, they'd figured out how to do 3d games by then. skyward sword and the wind waker have that cartoony art style that should always look good. skyward sword needs the Wii controller + the shit the game came with to become a masterpiece tho, that game combined controls and gameplay into something special. too bad it was tarnished with the zelda style UI where dialogue boxes fill in glacially and there's too many of them making stuff like buying and upgrading a potion into a tedious lengthy experience no matter how many times you'd done it.
Twilight Princess has incredible dungeons

Reactions: Jesus

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
Twilight Princess has incredible dungeons

yeah i loved twilight princess. played it on gamecube, so no idea how it felt on wii. it felt like OoT redux in a good way, like they were doing OoT with some elements from competitors like shadow of the colossus and okami and fixing the problems with OoT in the process (primitive graphics, poor controls, tedious non-dungeon navigation).

Keksimus

OT Supporter
Jan 16, 2012
yeah i loved twilight princess. played it on gamecube, so no idea how it felt on wii. it felt like OoT redux in a good way, like they were doing OoT with some elements from competitors like shadow of the colossus and okami and fixing the problems with OoT in the process (primitive graphics, poor controls, tedious non-dungeon navigation).

I had it on GC too. Would love a new Zelda with a similar aesthetic

This tech demo was gorgeous

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448